The fliegerfaust cannot come too soon

«13
Hawxxeye
8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I am not one to easily complain about planes (well relatively to most) but some pilots are just impossible.
They can somehow connect all their shots like nothing and turn like if they use modern jets and all you can do is change server.
(I am aware that  the first clip includes a lagspike but it was still really fast)


Comments

  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Fliegerfaust will do exactly nothing. Keep in mind it has 9 rockets and fires 3 per burst with, if I recall correctly, 200 m/s velocity. At a target flying faster, in a 3D space a considerable distance away from the wielder with an undisclosed damage. Keep in mind people think that BAs firing 2.5x faster bullets is not enough to adequately hit a guy at +100m.
    It does take up the launcher slot, making it only used on one map. Unless it has superior anti-infantry capabilites. Which it then will be used for on some Assaults, with detrimental effects on AT-gameplay.
  • SixTouge
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel you, flying is really tough. I prefer mostly infantry play, but recently been trying to pilot and improve my piloting. Boy is it rough. I think I average, no exaggerating, 40 seconds of air time before I'm shot down. I've watched clips of people that pilot and are good at it, and it's impressive. It's something I know right now, I could never duplicate.

    I think the toughest thing with flying, is it's harder to get the practice time in. The solo practice mode feels mostly useless to me, other than to get a basic feel for controls. In game is such a brutal learning curve, it's hard to learn much in 40 seconds.

    I have gotten better with the stationary AA though, so I can kind of get my fix/revenge doing that!
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    I am not one to easily complain about planes (well relatively to most) but some pilots are just impossible.
    They can somehow connect all their shots like nothing and turn like if they use modern jets and all you can do is change server.
    (I am aware that  the first clip includes a lagspike but it was still really fast)


    maybe a better option is going after the enemy fighter first and not going after a bomber.
    I will never understand why some pilots go after bombers when there is an enemy fighter plane on the air, and especially when the enemy fighter is killing everybody. I think his record was 9-0.
  • Nutcrusherr
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love to shoot 'em down with my panzerfaust tho. Great fun and great revange. Theres this guy named IIIIIIIIII or something similiar. After he killed me and my squad several times on fjell i had enough and shot him down. He even said nice one.. :D
  • jroggs
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Raspu71nG wrote: »
    (Quote)
    maybe a better option is going after the enemy fighter first and not going after a bomber.
    I will never understand why some pilots go after bombers when there is an enemy fighter plane on the air, and especially when the enemy fighter is killing everybody. I think his record was 9-0.

    Even if you somehow manage to take down that ultra sweaty fighter pilot once, he's going to be back in the air again very quickly, maybe even in just 10 seconds.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling it will be as useless as AA rocket gun in BF1 was.
  • jroggs
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling it will be as useless as AA rocket gun in BF1 was.
    This is what I expect as well. Maybe better than nothing for Assaults playing Fjell, but a wasted gadget slot otherwise.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    I have a feeling it will be as useless as AA rocket gun in BF1 was.
    This is what I expect as well. Maybe better than nothing for Assaults playing Fjell, but a wasted gadget slot otherwise.

    Having it in the launcher slot is an awful choice. Makes it irrelevant or detrimental to AT gameplay. Would have been smarter to use the dynamite slot or giving it to support. On the other hand, I do not see how I can hit a plane flying with 300m/s multiple times with a weapon that fires rockets at 200 m/s. The math seems a little off. The plane would need to fly very low or directly at you and even then luck is involved even if it deals 90 damage per rocket.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll try not to help out at all with the 100,000,000 kills and assists.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling it will be as useless as AA rocket gun in BF1 was.
    I shot down lots of stuff with the AA rocket gun. Its only issue was the need to be bipoded
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

    Having it in the launcher slot is an awful choice. Makes it irrelevant or detrimental to AT gameplay. Would have been smarter to use the dynamite slot or giving it to support. On the other hand, I do not see how I can hit a plane flying with 300m/s multiple times with a weapon that fires rockets at 200 m/s. The math seems a little off. The plane would need to fly very low or directly at you and even then luck is involved even if it deals 90 damage per rocket.

    You make a claim that is irrelevant or detrimental to AT play, how?
    It means Assault needs to stop using AT weapons on Infantry and start using on tanks as they become a greater threat as there might be less AT launchers aimed at them.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling it will be as useless as AA rocket gun in BF1 was.
    You mean the Jackfrags OP gadget?

    I see it using about 3 or 4 shots, with current speed you could only shot on coming planes and add reload time.

    It is not looking to be as useless then BF1 AA rocket gun it is looking worse then that.




  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

    Having it in the launcher slot is an awful choice. Makes it irrelevant or detrimental to AT gameplay. Would have been smarter to use the dynamite slot or giving it to support. On the other hand, I do not see how I can hit a plane flying with 300m/s multiple times with a weapon that fires rockets at 200 m/s. The math seems a little off. The plane would need to fly very low or directly at you and even then luck is involved even if it deals 90 damage per rocket.

    You make a claim that is irrelevant or detrimental to AT play, how?
    It means Assault needs to stop using AT weapons on Infantry and start using on tanks as they become a greater threat as there might be less AT launchers aimed at them.

    Simple. The only map where it has some novelty value is on Fjell. Will Assaults equip it? Some surely. Will it be effective? Unlikely, unless it is a OHK and used against planes flying really low or directly at you. 200m/s velocity.
    On all other maps the more relevant threat are the ground vehicles, and here I am including halftracks as well. Any Assault equipping the FF will not do much of value against planes, which have a marginal effect on the map, yet will be unable to deal with ground vehicles at range. Naturally this is detrimental to AT gameplay.
    Assaults use their launchers against vehicles, stating otherwise is just baseless. Yes, it has anti-infantry uses as well, but that is a tactical and situational choice and has relevance in the game. The biggest issue is the attrition where you start with only two launchers and three topped off. Also it could very well be possible that the FF is great against infantry, in which case, we might see more of them.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

    Simple. The only map where it has some novelty value is on Fjell. Will Assaults equip it? Some surely. Will it be effective? Unlikely, unless it is a OHK and used against planes flying really low or directly at you. 200m/s velocity.On all other maps the more relevant threat are the ground vehicles, and here I am including halftracks as well. Any Assault equipping the FF will not do much of value against planes, which have a marginal effect on the map, yet will be unable to deal with ground vehicles at range. Naturally this is detrimental to AT gameplay.
    Assaults use their launchers against vehicles, stating otherwise is just baseless. Yes, it has anti-infantry uses as well, but that is a tactical and situational choice and has relevance in the game. The biggest issue is the attrition where you start with only two launchers and three topped off. Also it could very well be possible that the FF is great against infantry, in which case, we might see more of them.

    We have no idea how effective the FF will be against planes, not the point yet. A marginal usage of FF is still improvement for ground vehicles, not everything in this game should be about Assault. There is nothing detrimental about a few Assaults not having AT launchers. If anything those extra AT launchers might be impedeing improvements for existing/new gadgets to Support and Recon.

    So what if an Assault choose FF and can't deal with a ground vehicle at range, it not like they are helpless against ground vehicles, don't forget the other classes already have better ranged AT weapons.

    It is not baseless currently Assaults use their launchers on any target, they don't care about attrition because there is always another Assault around with an AT launcher. Now if there is not it might make some think twice about using their AT launcher on a non vehicle target. It is the same principle used in BF4.

    Assaults carrying both AT launchers and FF are you kidding that would be the most detrimental thing that could be done. As it would increase the numbers that would play Assault without any downsides and ruin the game more.

    Even if the FF is great against Infantry still means less AT launchers allowing ground vehicles to get closer to flags.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't wait to see pilots complaining about it in a 50 page thread about how Fjell 652 is ruined forever.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't wait to see pilots complaining about it in a 50 page thread about how Fjell 652 is ruined forever.

    Don't you mean every map, that what was said about BF1 AA rocket gun.
  • YourLocalPIumber
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Well in that game effed up with packet loss. There is nothing you can do about that.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't wait to see pilots complaining about it in a 50 page thread about how Fjell 652 is ruined forever.
    In spite of being a pilot myself as often as I can, I welcome something that will make super pilots  upset.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    I can't wait to see pilots complaining about it in a 50 page thread about how Fjell 652 is ruined forever.

    Don't you mean every map, that what was said about BF1 AA rocket gun.

    In the CTE when it had no vertical aim restriction and 2HK'd pilots out of their plane due to a glitch.

    Or are anti air babies once again going to insist that a bug was actually contributing to a balanced and fair gameplay experience (like Stingers glitch OHK'ing people out of aircraft in BF3).

    Just play the modes without vehicles already. That is literally why they put them there.
Sign In or Register to comment.