Hows the game

TH3_R1PP3R
241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Havent played since spring. Is the game worth another look at this time? I see the new metro map and it looks fun. But I dont want to have to wait through 10 other maps to play 1.

Comments

• HydroExcursion
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    still crashing to desktop
  • ScarSuite
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldnt bother getting worse after each patch. They really dont seem to get it at Dice. Maybe they are just rolling the dice and see whats coming up:-)
  • CSO7777
    1774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    A lot of small issues has been fixed, there has been minor tweaks to weapons (medics got buffed a little, prone nerfed a little) and we got 3 new maps (which are mostly ok).

It still has a lot of the same fundamental problems with bad visibility, sound not working, TTD-bug, clunky movement (stuck on ground, vaulting) and more.

But the game is in the best state it has ever been, it now feels like how game should have been at launch.
  • JEWELTHIIF
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    [off topic/derailing]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • 5k1walker
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What game? Its in beta stage.
  • TFBisquit
    2263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Havent played since spring. Is the game worth another look at this time? I see the new metro map and it looks fun. But I dont want to have to wait through 10 other maps to play 1.
    The game is the same.
    So no in your case.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14213 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @JEWELTHIIF
    Do not derail threads.

If you wish to discuss the cheating issue,  Use the megathread.

Thanks
  • duendemago
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We kind of saw some light after patch 4.4 (you could notice a much better and steady fps at all maps), but then 4.6 came and also Underground and I can make you a small list:
    -Underground: Umplayable, frames drop and you get stuck in whatever is your rigs bottleneck made by horrible optimization of this game. Seriously, if you play any map you barely get 110-120 fps but feels like 50fps with super terrible micro stuttering
    -All other maps: underperforming all the time, the comparison with the past patch is very notorious. They haven't really optimized this game
    -Do you have I9s, I7s, or maybe a very decent I5  which is above the recommended settings and a very nice GPU with more than 4GB Vram? It doesn't matter! This game will bottleneck your CPU and underperform all the time.
    -Wait until a YEAR from launch comes, that is the REAL DEVELOPMENT TIME Dice has. We can say this because BF4 gave us that empirical notice. They launch the game at Beta state but sold as "finished game", then every hardcore BF fan buys it so they can have another year of completion. Is this statement not true? Change my mind!
  • CStarfish9
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    terrible
  • TheNoobPolice
    1613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jumped in for ten minutes the other day - there are still prone MMGs and AT rifles everywhere prone insta-killing you and players are still not visible enough by a factor of over 9000 to make the gameplay loop fun for anyone that has more than single digit IQ, oh and the gunplay with automatic weapons still feels like crap.

Until private servers come along to allow at least the prone-based weapons to be banned it's a non-starter. Avoid.

• ramawee
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    @JEWELTHIIF
    Do not derail threads.

If you wish to discuss the cheating issue,  Use the megathread.

Thanks
    Where is this cheat megathread? 

To answer TS, the game is great.

But the [off topic - keep it to the megathread]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14213 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • stallzer
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Overall the game is pretty much a joke. There is little consistency from server to server, hit registration (forgive the pun) is  hit or miss. Other than that just hop on any server to find some clan ganging up on everyone and enjoy the 500 -0 ticket lob-sided game.