Weekly BF

[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• IxSpaceJamxI
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yall know every cheater and mod users Microsoft told me. banning them all at the same time across all platforms they don't get refunds for breaking rules I bet no one will cheat again cause then you can ban each player one by one after that but this cheating problem isn't the game creator's fault it should be the consoles who ban all the cheaters cause it's there fault for cheats are weird not in game but from the consoles.
  • Jinko_itx
    734 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zerweast said:
    I wonder if cheating tools have malware in them. Im sure it needs admin password. Hopefully steal their credit card or melt gpu. 

Its amazing the money and dedication the cheaters have to keep cheating. Maybe its like a fetish thing, they need to cheat to get off.
    and when you remotely complain about it they say its just a game or git gud...
  • Jinko_itx
    734 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    What are you doing to stop people from signing up for Access and cheating in BF5? Then (pretending that you guys actually do ban) after being banned opening a new Access account and cheating some more?

I can't imagine that you are actually banning Origin Access customers, as they give you a steady income stream... However, in theory what are you guys doing about this? We all know that people are using Access to cheat.

to prevent a lot of the cheating it is quite simple and yet they don't want to do it, makes me think EA is definitely protecting cheat companies. all that needs to be done is what WoW did, 2 step verification. That alone would prevent new accounts easily being made. and also I just don't se how cheaters can run hacks and on the server side EA don't see it....they must be turning a blind eye...
  • timebanditbfv
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 17
    nearly every server today contained a hacker or hackers. i'd like to know how these people are banned and stopped from rejoining with another account. for example this hacker [name and shame] was freely using the servers to just spoil everyones enjoyment. check the stats on bfv stats checker and dont fob me off with some stupid link to another thread. kind regards
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • GenCuster
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    What are you doing to stop people from signing up for Access and cheating in BF5? Then (pretending that you guys actually do ban) after being banned opening a new Access account and cheating some more?

I can't imagine that you are actually banning Origin Access customers, as they give you a steady income stream... However, in theory what are you guys doing about this? We all know that people are using Access to cheat.

Holy words.......

• LOLGotYerTags
    13265 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @timebanditbfv

Friendly reminder.

This is NOT the place to : 
    • Submit video evidence of cheating
    • Submit screenshot evidence of cheating
    • Calling users out
    • Linking to stats pages or any other means of outing a suspected cheater
    This is also NOT the place to : 
    • Spread speculation about the anticheat and whether or not they "care" about the issue
    • Discuss how we moderate the forum including the policies regarding swearing or naming and shaming.

ANY user violating the forum rules ( linked below ) will be reprimanded as necessary.

It is clearly stated in the OP 

EA_Tom said:
    Hey all,

We do understand encountering cheaters causes a negative impact on your gaming experience. We want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts about cheating and what can be done to combat it. Any feedback you may have can be posted in this thread. When posting your comments, please remember:
    • Familiarize yourself with the forum rules & guidelines, here
    • Don't name & shame other players
    • Be constructive
    Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums. While we can forward your feedback, we won't be able to comment directly on ongoing efforts to combat cheating.

Lastly, this is a gentle reminder that our forums are not the place to report in-game cheating. If you'd like to report a user, please follow the steps as listed in this article: 
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thank you,

-Tom

Here are the forum rules : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest

Please ensure you abide by them.

Thanks.

So don't name and shame.

• MessiahIllusion
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Name and Shame? Shame ? mate you have no shame if you are wheeling out that crap.
    Cheating is the worst is has been and i am tired of this ****.

• LOLGotYerTags
    13265 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Name and Shame? Shame ? mate you have no shame if you are wheeling out that crap.
    Cheating is the worst is has been and i am tired of this ****.

Dont swear.

• R0bin0ftheH00d
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 17
    I'm sure LOLGotYerTags has a thick enough skin but it's not him we should be venting at. It's those in the paid positions such as the Community Managers who need to address the situation. Since the statement a good many months ago things have changed and it's got worse and needs addressing. Genuine players are now been mocked by the cheaters some of which are not hiding it. I don't expect any response as the policy is EA DICE don't talk about cheating etc but if they want to continue losing customers now and in the future carry on regardless.
  • STOPchris
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, no point in getting salty toward any of the moderators, they are just doing the job that EA told them to. They have no control over issues with the game. 
  • Viejo99
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How cruel is it that EA requires you to go through Origin's "Add Friend" feature to properly report a cheater?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Viejo99 said:
    How cruel is it that EA requires you to go through Origin's "Add Friend" feature to properly report a cheater?
    But you're not "adding" them as a friend at all,  It is just how the search works.
  • STOPchris
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 18
    Viejo99 said:
    But you're not "adding" them as a friend at all,  It is just how the search works.
    Yeah, this is correct, but the search option is pretty bad. Matter fact, has EA done anything to really improve Origin since its launch? If so, I sure haven't noticed. They definitely have not made it easy to report cheaters.
  • Hawxxeye
    5971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 18
    I would like to contribute this interview of a "closet cheater" (who is not named in any way) by the youtuber Niccaman.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n-QXCRqlC0
    From this the most important things to  take into consideration are:
    >Reporting does have some effect on  cheaters, it can even ban legit good players who get overeported.
    >They have spare accounts that are stolen and you need to secure your account with 2 step authentication (this is why EA is bribing people to activate the 2-step authentication, a lot of passwords and account details got hacked out of EA in the recent past)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    • Spread speculation about the anticheat and whether or not they "care" about the issue
    With all due respect, but if we can't speculate about any anti-cheat measures that DICE has implemented or is working on, then what is the purpose of this thread? 
    I just meant speculating whether or not ea "cares".. I didnt mean speculating in general.