Weekly BF

Every game there are 100ms+ players

EdManLee
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I've tried using 'advanced filters' and also the quickplay options. I don't think I've ever played a game where there hasn't been 5 or more insanely laggy people. The last game I played, I counted 5 people on 100ms+ ping and even a 240ms .... how/why would your matchmaking allow this to happen? I'm on 18-25ms on these games and basic maths would show I'm going to have a very bad experience.  Your 'acceptable parameters' must be the loosest ever known to man. CoD looks like dedicated servers compared to this farce.

Comments

• EdManLee
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a legitimate question/concern. Can anyone on Ea's 'support' staff be bothered to reply

• sabootheshaman
    1154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think people are just warn down to accepting the status quo of no comment from DICE/EA on this issue.

Sorry bunj.
  • EdManLee
    Not sure what "bunj" means, but thanks for replying when EA support don't
  • sabootheshaman
    1154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • EdManLee
    Well thanks for the replies people. I've been complaining ALOT on EA's forums for various games in the last week and had started to think I was just an angry gamer. Glad it's not just me noticing the ridiculous connection! 

ProAssassin2003 I'm playing on PS4 but you can order the servers by ping when you search. That's what I do every game but you'll still be in a game with many players with horrific ping making it virtually pointless.
  • spychodelics
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 20
    Also,  It may be that the users you have found to have 200+ ping are unable to find servers in their region,  They paid for the game too,  And so they have every right to enjoy their product as much as you do.

Problem with this, which bothers me for every battlefield game ive played so far, it feels/seems to me  (lowpinger with ping of 5-10ms) as a disadvantage.
    It should be in EA/Dice obligation to serve enough servers world wide since we do talk about the second largest gaming company world wide... 
    For the "not out of region players", i know people who force heavy torrent uploads (intentionaly) because battlefield seems to work for the benefit of constant moving highpingers. 
  • NLBartmaN
    3438 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Problem with this, which bothers me for every battlefield game ive played so far, it feels/seems to me  (lowpinger with ping of 5-10ms) as a disadvantage.
    It should be in EA/Dice obligation to serve enough servers world wide since we do talk about the second largest gaming company world wide... 
    For the "not out of region players", i know people who force heavy torrent uploads (intentionaly) because battlefield seems to work for the benefit of constant moving highpingers. 
    I have no doubt, if there was an easy way to let your ping move up en down enough constantly to get the latency variation icon (around 2ms difference every server tick) and push it up with increments of around 2ms until you get the "right ping" lots of players would do this.

The very big gaps (most of the time more than 40 kills and triple or more K/D ratio) between the "top players" (easy 100 plus kills and almost no deaths in a round of conquest) and the rest says it all.

If you watch their clips it just seems if they are playing a different game ... in which they can take lots of damage, rarely have 1 frame detahs and EVERY bullet registers, even when they clearly miss.

It is pretty clear the Netcode is very inconsistent and not fair at all with the insane amount of lag compensation and strange hit claim confirmation.
  • VincentNZ
    3170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also,  It may be that the users you have found to have 200+ ping are unable to find servers in their region,  They paid for the game too,  And so they have every right to enjoy their product as much as you do.

Yeah they should provide enough capacity for everyone to play, but to what extent? However, what if there are not enough players out there to justify a set location? Yesterday at 8 pm, in Europe there were 18k people playing, and there were to Australian servers up, since there weren't enough players to justify more. What if you want to play SQC there or TDM? Absolutely impossible to provide the same service across all regions at all times, so people migrate.
    There are a lot of valid reasons to play out of region, and there are valid reasons against.
  • MrCamp121
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Yeah they should provide enough capacity for everyone to play, but to what extent? However, what if there are not enough players out there to justify a set location? Yesterday at 8 pm, in Europe there were 18k people playing, and there were to Australian servers up, since there weren't enough players to justify more. What if you want to play SQC there or TDM? Absolutely impossible to provide the same service across all regions at all times, so people migrate.There are a lot of valid reasons to play out of region, and there are valid reasons against.

Then they shouldnt be selling the game to regions where they cant provide support. It isnt native players' fault or problem. They shouldnt be the ones suffering playing with OOR players, ruining their gameplay
  • VincentNZ
    3170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Yeah they should provide enough capacity for everyone to play, but to what extent? However, what if there are not enough players out there to justify a set location? Yesterday at 8 pm, in Europe there were 18k people playing, and there were to Australian servers up, since there weren't enough players to justify more. What if you want to play SQC there or TDM? Absolutely impossible to provide the same service across all regions at all times, so people migrate.There are a lot of valid reasons to play out of region, and there are valid reasons against.

Then they shouldnt be selling the game to regions where they cant provide support. It isnt native players' fault or problem. They shouldnt be the ones suffering playing with OOR players, ruining their gameplay

What if you like to play with mates that are somewhere else?
    What if your IP can not provide good enough service constantly?
    What if your ping spikes every once in a while?
    So you should not be able to buy this game because you live in Alaska, Ohio, Chile or Morocco or even Australia/NZ? There are no alternatives for them other than to play on sub-par servers. Yeah they mildly affect server performance, but if I had to choose if a random Moroccan dude can not play or buy to game, or me being mildly inconvenienced on some rounds when for whatever reasons more than a couple people with a way higher ping join, then I would rather have people play.
  • NLBartmaN
    VincentNZ said:

So you should not be able to buy this game because you live in Alaska, Ohio, Chile or Morocco or even Australia/NZ? There are no alternatives for them other than to play on sub-par servers. Yeah they mildly affect server performance, but if I had to choose if a random Moroccan dude can not play or buy to game, or me being mildly inconvenienced on some rounds when for whatever reasons more than a couple people with a way higher ping join, then I would rather have people play.
    What they should do is:

NOT put players from all over the world on the same (hardware) servers and try to make it playable by insane amount of lag compensation and very strange hit claim confirmation, that does NOT work.
    Also remove/tweak the insane amount of lag compensation and tweak the hit claim confirmation by removing a large part of the compensation in that.
    Add ping limits and Region locks on the servers for the local players.

A ping difference of more than 60ms (even at 30ms difference it gets noticeable) makes for very poor server performance for a large part of the players on that server (and every other virtual server that is on the same hardware server.

What they also should do: for location where servers are not an option (no server/data centre, no good infrastructure available, not cost efficient) make seperate servers in a different Region for those players, but NOT mix them with servers for local players close to the datacentre.

Add some OPTIONAL servers for players that do not mind playing with oor players or that want to play with oor friends, but not make that the default way to go.
  • -Antares65z
    1652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

So far you're the only one who gets it. This problem happens with all of these games over time. As a game loses it's popularity, players around the globe are forced to play on servers half way around the world. 
  • NLBartmaN
    So far you're the only one who gets it. This problem happens with all of these games over time. As a game loses it's popularity, players around the globe are forced to play on servers half way around the world. 
    Which is no problem if matchmaking happens based on ping ... 

And high and low ping servers/players are separated ... and not on the same hardware server.
  • grrlpurple
    823 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unplayable for me tonight and my ping is wildly fluctuating from 20-80, along with others on the server, like it was with the bug a few weeks ago.

Mag dump with no kill and getting slaughtered by one shot from everything. Couldn't even kill anyone with a tank!

Worst server experience I have ever had and it's been every game tonight.
  • -Antares65z
    1652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Which is no problem if matchmaking happens based on ping ... 

And high and low ping servers/players are separated ... and not on the same hardware server.

MatchMaking - One of the worst features ever introduced into these games. Anybody who chooses it over the browser shouldn't complain about its results.
  • NLBartmaN

MatchMaking - One of the worst features ever introduced into these games. Anybody who chooses it over the browser shouldn't complain about its results.
    I agree, the matchmaking in BF does not even take ping in consideration ... unlike in CoD, where it works flawless ...
  • VincentNZ
    VincentNZ said:

Yeah, you have to say BFV handles the whole issue poorly though. If they allowed RSP owners to use the data centers of third party providers you would have servers in North Africa, UK, Midwest, West Aussie etc. and would also feed the community there.
    The same if they would push more for the server browser instead of matchmaking, which is bound to always have issues. And then of course the focus on 64p which means more chances for someone with a poorer connection to connect and more players like that have a detrimental effect on everyone's game.