How is OP Underground fun?

DirtyDog1974
318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Every time I play I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall. Honest question, how do those who like it enjoy this map?

Comments

• BadShotLarry
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    what are you having a hard time with? operation metro, lockers, and now underground, have always been very popular. personally, i get tired of just running around in loops flipping objective points. I like the grind mode push forward, or get pushed back linear maps. and the cqc helps skill up weapons and assignments. 
  • Noodlesocks
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not fun it's gratification. Maximising points for minimal effort. It is popcorn gaming.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's fun because if you have a half a battlefield brain you can go 50-5 pretty easily on any game mode.

Just slow down every position movement you make and you will be allow to slaughter people running blindly around corners very easily.
  • YourLocalPIumber
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because people don't want to think while playing games. On Metro you can take a shotgun, turn off your brain and go 130-10 in about 15 minutes.

• CSO7777
    2077 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is ok to have in the game. Playing only OU becomes boring imho.

The only thing is breakthrough, it too often becomes either a total roll-over or a total loss without the attackers even taking the first sector.
  • heresPaul
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because you’re always in the fight quickly, I suppose it’s kind of like Tsaritsyn, everyone just runs to the middle and shoots each other but I’d rather play it than a map like Hamada ZZzzzzz 
  • BeastofBourbon84
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because people don't want to think while playing games. On Metro you can take a shotgun, turn off your brain and go 130-10 in about 15 minutes.

You can do that certainly not the average player.
    Also what's wrong with some mindless fun... It is a game after all.
    Not a problem having a few rounds just for kicks.
    If you want to "work harder" there are other playlists.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The level of engagement is higher. Some people want continuous contact with the enemy while others want it in spurts.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The almost complete lack of 3x scope without glint makes it a lot more fun than all the other insane open BF V maps ...
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    I don't get why people think having operation Metro has to be either 24/7, or none at all. There's zero problem with it showing up one out of 9 or 10 maps in the core playlist rotations.
  • m1k3ol
    876 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    for me, the map has enough separate fight "pockets" thanks to the different map lanes to fight through

it's actually a really satisfying map to play, and I'm glad how it came through

you won't like it if you don't like meat grinders, of course
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s...delicious.
  • Noodlesocks
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get why people think having operation Metro has to be either 24/7, or none at all. There's zero problem with it showing up one out of 9 or 10 maps in the core playlist rotations.
    It helps that it is a better designed map than Metro. As someone who disliked Metro and Locker completely, I can say it is not the least interesting map in BFV and don't mind playing it every now and again.
  • Mr_Tinman08
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm struggling to find anything fun about the whole game anymore.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Oh bloody hell, you reminded me of those damned AA mines. This is a reminder that DICE's habit of idiotic game design stretches back years into the past.
  • gailjon
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the way that it forces teams to actually defend through sandbags, fixed mgs, etc. It is no fun in a normal map merely running from one objective to another, winning, then losing flags  for an entire round. 
    Undeground has a great range of playstyles you can use, from full on spray and pray to recon, medic smoke barrage, etc. It's fun.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Hawxxeye said:
    Oh bloody hell, you reminded me of those damned AA mines. This is a reminder that DICE's habit of idiotic game design stretches back years into the past.
    It was obvious that DICE had started to go down the path of idiotic ideas since before the release of BF4.
    Watch this parody of the BF4 Commander mode trailer.
    seriously.... tablet commander mode?

• GrizzGolf
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Every time I play I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall. Honest question, how do those who like it enjoy this map?

Because I can level up my guns faster
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, I wonder how you'd cope with a real meat grinder OP. This has got nothing on Locker, Argonne Forest, or Fort De Vaux.