delete

CaptHotah
1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited October 26
delete
Post edited by CaptHotah on

Comments

• g0merpile
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    enabling wartapes is even better using dts 3dsound . I am using in my opinion the best and most comfortable headphone to date. Steelseries, siberra 350
  • CaptHotah
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:
    enabling wartapes is even better using dts 3dsound . I am using in my opinion the best and most comfortable headphone to date. Steelseries, siberra 350
    wartapes makes it more immersive and cinematic by rising up the volume of far off distance explosions and gunshots wich covers the footsteps too much imo
  • g0merpile
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 20
    CaptHotah said:
    g0merpile said:
    wartapes makes it more immersive and cinematic by rising up the volume of far off distance explosions and gunshots wich covers the footsteps too much imo

why do you think i told you the type of headphones. I can set the atmosphere for distance or close
    Edit: I guess that is the advantage of having good headphone with 3d sound and dts features, this can be done in most audio software like soundblaster, Yamaha dts usb sound, and steelseries
  • CSO7777
    1386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    Been said multiple times: quit wasting money on "gaming headsets"  and buy decent audio stereo headphones.
    I agree on this, but some of the gamer-headsets has all kind of eq-effects that can make footsteps seem louder or they can adjust the 'spatial distance' etc etc. Personally I think these effects are mostly awful, but I can see the advantage of using them.

I use some good "midrange-priced" studio headphones and the sound is fantastic (for the price at least). Only problem is that the audio in BFV is bugged and often footsteps and other sound-effects are not being played at all (I use night mode).

Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos both works very well (others perhaps too), its not true 5.1, but it's much better than stereo for positional audio and doesn't make the sound weird frequency-wise, like some "3D-sound-simulators" do.
  • OskooI_007
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just discovered you can use Windows Sonic to downmix 5.1 surround sound to 2 channel stereo for headphones.

Just enable Windows Sonic, but do not check the 7.1 virtual surround sound box.

Now enable the surround sound setting in Battlefield and Windows Sonic will downmix 5.1 surround sound to 2 channel stereo for your headphones. Without adding all those virtual surround sound effects which artificially change the way the game sounds.
  • Nutcrusherr
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener wrote: »
    Been said multiple times: quit wasting money on "gaming headsets"  and buy decent audio stereo headphones.

I will never regret my logi G933. Its a fantastic headset. :)
  • iamwiener
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I forgot to mention that audio headphones often need a dedicated soundcard which offers all necessary software settings. I've been using gaming headsets and so are most ppl I play bf with. But none of this has ever been a match for my K701's
  • TheNoobPolice
    1591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, naturally night mode has the narrowest dynamic range so of course the footsteps will be louder as a percentage of the overall average RMS level. Wartapes is similar but uses too much fast release hard-knee compression to create the "chaotic" mix, and just ends up sounding a bit fatiguing.
  • oldgmike
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Superlux HD 681 EVO and Xonar U7 MKII soundcard with surround turn on in Sonic software - the best stuff!