Trailer is up. Pacific releases 31st of October

123457»

Comments

• CStarfish9
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    no naval battles? idc then.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't believe DICE is going to allow the existing Elite classes on this map, so Germans, French and Irish and British on Iwo Jima--MADNESS, this is what Westie has stated in his latest video overview of The Pacific and trailer. Refer to time 13.06--I agree with Westie that the Elites should stay with the factions they were designed for. Stupid decision by DICE/EA to do this. Leave them with their own factions don't use them in the Pacific. 

Course its going to look dumb, but no more dumb than having US troops fighting in Narvik in 1940!  DICE/EA would be crucified if they didnt allow people to use the elites that they have already spent a lot of money on in the new maps
    But there aren't any US troops fighting in Narvik now. There shouldn't be.   Still dumb and not necessary.  I can still use the elites in the current maps and I am happy with that. Each faction has its own Elites and they should be restricted to the theatre of war where they originated.  Each to their own. 
    You have obviously missed the 2 US army uniforms that were added towards the end of Chapter 4?  You now see plenty of US GIs running around on what should be British v German maps.

As for Elites, i havent bought any, and dont intend too, but you would seriously annoy people who bought an Axis and Allied Elite when we were told there would only be Allied and Axis factions, only for few months later to have you purchases only work on 2/3rds of the maps.  Now if DICE/EA made it clear that you could only use them on a set number of maps then fair enough, but they didnt.  EA would be on dodgy ground if they implemented faction only Elites at this stage.

• jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    You have obviously missed the 2 US army uniforms that were added towards the end of Chapter 4?  You now see plenty of US GIs running around on what should be British v German maps.

As for Elites, i havent bought any, and dont intend too, but you would seriously annoy people who bought an Axis and Allied Elite when we were told there would only be Allied and Axis factions, only for few months later to have you purchases only work on 2/3rds of the maps.  Now if DICE/EA made it clear that you could only use them on a set number of maps then fair enough, but they didnt.  EA would be on dodgy ground if they implemented faction only Elites at this stage.

There was no integrity to the maps to begin with. British combat troops didn't belong in the Rotterdam (Dutch) and Narvik (French and Norwegian) maps to begin with. And while the Pacific trailer dodged the gender and race issue, the actual release will have women and people of color.

So yeah, I don't think having Phantom of the Opera Man and French Resistance Cutie running around on Iwo Jima will impact the authentic immersion much when there's already going to be a bunch of screaming Imperial Japanese Army girls overpowering multiracial American Marines.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    (Quote)

There was no integrity to the maps to begin with. British combat troops didn't belong in the Rotterdam (Dutch) and Narvik (French and Norwegian) maps to begin with. And while the Pacific trailer dodged the gender and race issue, the actual release will have women and people of color.

So yeah, I don't think having Phantom of the Opera Man and French Resistance Cutie running around on Iwo Jima will impact the authentic immersion much when there's already going to be a bunch of screaming Imperial Japanese Army girls overpowering multiracial American Marines.
    Agree with you.  Just to clear up though, there were British troops at what is classed as the Battle of  Narvik, though perhaps not in the town itself, as well as French and Poles
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • GenesisMD5745
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    I honestly don't care whether or not we get elites on all maps. The game has always felt like some alternate reality WWII and always will because of the excessive customization and silly elites and weapon skins.

Still, I'll look forward to the new Pacific content. Will be a breath of fresh air from having to always play as the British and Germans.

Stalinium9
    said:
    no naval battles? idc then.

So far, we'll have amphibious tanks, landing craft, and a dinghy. Not exactly the naval warfare I'd expect from a Pacific DLC and certainly not as enjoyable as the naval battles from BF1's Turning Tides DLC in my opinion which included the new L-Class Destroyer plus the already existing dreadnought behemoth and torpedo boats and landing craft (from the Russian DLC I think).

Though I remember a leak from temporyal that we were getting torpedo boats and a staff car (one already exists in the BR mode). Here's one of many videos discussing that leak, and apparently most of it came true. So maybe any missed vehicles will release when either Wake Island releases in December or that 4th jungle map that wasn't included in the Pacific trailer comes in 2020. Or all that content could've been scrapped for all we know.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW6VC61SNrk
  • GeneralXIV
    308 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As I said in the trailer thread, I think all cosmetics should be available on all maps, company coins and battlefield currency both. For me, I think it would suck to have spent company coins and put effort into completing Tides of War/class challenges only to have the things Ive unlocked be invalidated on certain maps.

Im not sure I can understand the complaints about accuracy, tbh. From the first Battlefield V trailer and all following comments by developers suggested it would never match expectations for what people wanted for "accuracy" (using the term loosely). Knowing this, buying the game anyway and then complaining that there are features as described makes no sense to me, and the developers then limiting that feature post-launch despite there being people that followed the simple/smart technique of "If I like it, I'll buy it. If I don't, I won't" and use the cosmetics in game... seems wrong. If all cosmetics are available, people can choose the way their characters look and decide for themselves if they want accuracy or fun.

It isn't like you often see every detail of another person's character anyway :
    But I can see the difference. I can tell if it is German or Japanese or French or English, these elites stick out with their voice acting which clearly contradicts your claim about "seeing" because you can hear them as well .  Wasn't "immersion" a big attraction promised? This will lose the immersion completely. It's disrespectful to those that fought and died here.

I know this is nitpicky but hearing the elite characters/characters generally doesn't contradict my thing about not often seeing every detail of another person's character because I never mentioned hearing them or that you only see them/never hear them. It's just a thing. I understand your point, but I disagree. This is my POV:

Immersion is just a marketing word that means things to different people. Imo, what they were talking about with 'immersion' includes things like the climbing animations, opening doors, seeing your own body, etc. Things that really make you feel like you're viewing the game through the eyes of your character. You might think differently, but either way... they didn't hide their character customization. Everything related to the game showed it would exist, and many of the things there would be available. And some things which aren't.

While I don't think you're to blame for 'not getting a WWII vibe' or how you feel about the game, you did kinda buy it knowing that things wouldn't be 'accurate'. An analogy... when I bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I saw the trailers, I knew it wouldn't be 100% like ancient Greece because... well, there would be monsters and fantasy elements too that they revealed in the trailers. The fantasy elements were good with me, I love them, but I didn't then purchase the game, and complain about things being inaccurate because Medusa doesn't exist in the real ancient greece. I knew Medusa would be in the game. The game... matched what was shown to me, and I bought the game based on what was shown. Asking the fantasy elements to be changed, removed or limited in future content would only affect the enjoyment for others who saw exactly what I saw, liked it, and decided to purchase the game. Knowing the features the game will have and then complaining that they exist makes no sense, and thats what some people are doing with this game and the cosmetic options available.

I agree with you about the disrespect, though for maybe different reasons. I see nothing wrong with cosmetic options being available, but the most disrespectful thing about Battlefield V is taking a war where real people fought and died and transforming it into a computer game for people's enjoyment and fun. That, imo, is far, far more disrespectful than people looking different or wearing the wrong uniforms.

I'm not accusing you of selfishness (or anything - it's a genuine question :) ), but I think I need to ask why you feel that options should be limited based on lack of immersion when there will be players (like me) who enjoy customizing their characters, having options, etc? Especially after knowing that they would be in the game? Why is it the most important thing? I, by comparison, am not wanting players to be forced to use less accurate, more fun cosmetics despite enjoying the fun elements more than the accurate ones. I want both accurate and less accurate to be available for players to use so people can customize their characters however they feel is best. Just something to think about, I guess?
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This game would have been a stunning success, at least monetarily, if they had led with this trailer last year instead of the extra's from "the Road Warrior"
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please please dont let elites be in any theatre,people also paid for epic skins that they wont be able to use.you did a great job on the trailer,dont mess it up by letting the phantom of the opera roam around the pacific.
  • GrizzGolf
    1445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is the medic only getting one new SMG? Really? No other carbines??? 
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't believe DICE is going to allow the existing Elite classes on this map, so Germans, French and Irish and British on Iwo Jima--MADNESS, this is what Westie has stated in his latest video overview of The Pacific and trailer. Refer to time 13.06--I agree with Westie that the Elites should stay with the factions they were designed for. Stupid decision by DICE/EA to do this. Leave them with their own factions don't use them in the Pacific. 

Course its going to look dumb, but no more dumb than having US troops fighting in Narvik in 1940!  DICE/EA would be crucified if they didnt allow people to use the elites that they have already spent a lot of money on in the new maps
    But there aren't any US troops fighting in Narvik now. There shouldn't be.   Still dumb and not necessary.  I can still use the elites in the current maps and I am happy with that. Each faction has its own Elites and they should be restricted to the theatre of war where they originated.  Each to their own. 

Yes but the British and US fought the Germans in the ETO.  The location is correct for the factions. 
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Please please dont let elites be in any theatre,people also paid for epic skins that they wont be able to use.you did a great job on the trailer,dont mess it up by letting the phantom of the opera roam around the pacific.

ILSE SCHATTENWOLF https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/about/classes/elites on IWO JIMA 

Elites can be obtained with Battlefield Currency but won't affect gameplay
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • ninjapenquinuk

Yes but the British and US fought the Germans in the ETO.  The location is correct for the factions. 
    Well using your dodgy logic, the British also fought in the Pacific so........