Fliegerfaust Overpowered - DICE get your balancing straight!

Comments

• Mceedj11
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The pilots worth their salt are already adapting and are not flying at low height and going at a straight line

Lol Trust me I’ve already adapted to it. But the balancing is way off and unlike it’s real life counterpart that was “ineffective” and discontinued, this is a super weapon that should be used today against F35s lol.

Don’t worry guys! We’ll still be sniping you from a bit higher this time around. But enjoy it while you can. Cause it will get nerfed eventually. Pretty sure.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    People that don't get it.... For fricking sakes, look up and spot planes. Its ur god damn own fault to get killed by a bomber, later cry about it, oh noes i stayed in open and got bombed by a plane. And then they call pilots salty community.

This whole game is out in the open, there is no cover from above. What kind of cover is there on Fjell, pray? Even on "urban" maps, one payload will obliterate any cover. You can not run from planes. With the same logic I could say to pilots: "Use your eyes, look at the FFs pointed your way and do not fly in straight lines." It is stupid.
    :D, you do realize you can see plane diving in. Simply move away?

EDIT: Now, how come i dont die to bombers and you do?

We have a vertical FOV of what? 70°. So your counter to planes is too simply look straight up? And when you do a dive, do you not follow targets? Why don't you move away from FF rockets? And you might not get killed by bombers, because you are busy fighting ground targets with your fighter?
    Are you serious, visibility gets fine at about 250m, while i shoot at lets say 250m, i still need to pull up right? So at that time my altitude will be mm 100-150m? Do ur math.
  • JediMastaWyn
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fliegerfaust : It's a bit secret weapons of WWII isn't it. 

This should never be in the game, but it is the consequence of earlier decisions made. Poor AA, Bombers with 'laser' guided sights they should never have! Fighters with ground attack capabilities. 
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    People that don't get it.... For fricking sakes, look up and spot planes. Its ur god damn own fault to get killed by a bomber, later cry about it, oh noes i stayed in open and got bombed by a plane. And then they call pilots salty community.

This whole game is out in the open, there is no cover from above. What kind of cover is there on Fjell, pray? Even on "urban" maps, one payload will obliterate any cover. You can not run from planes. With the same logic I could say to pilots: "Use your eyes, look at the FFs pointed your way and do not fly in straight lines." It is stupid.
    :D, you do realize you can see plane diving in. Simply move away?

EDIT: Now, how come i dont die to bombers and you do?

We have a vertical FOV of what? 70°. So your counter to planes is too simply look straight up? And when you do a dive, do you not follow targets? Why don't you move away from FF rockets? And you might not get killed by bombers, because you are busy fighting ground targets with your fighter?
    Are you serious, visibility gets fine at about 250m, while i shoot at lets say 250m, i still need to pull up right? So at that time my altitude will be mm 100-150m? Do ur math.

See how that argument simply does not make any sense? People on the ground have other things to do than looking for an enemy that can come from any direction while one's own FOV is crazily limited. On the ground you have 32 people to think about, there is neither time nor space to move away from aerial threats, there is no indication either, either you get bombed with a huge payload or you get killed by an auto-cannon burst.
    The FF simply gives pilots the same worries. You have other things to do than looking for people on the ground that are a danger. Fine, so you die just like the rest of us. At least you can spot your own targets and look for the threats.
    Or, again, use the fighter to dogfight and if you want to engage ground targets use planes with a payload.

You can hear bomber incoming and also theres nothing in the sky that limits ur fov. While me diving in and zooming with my eyes till they pop out.

• Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Mceedj11 said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The pilots worth their salt are already adapting and are not flying at low height and going at a straight line

Lol Trust me I’ve already adapted to it. But the balancing is way off and unlike it’s real life counterpart that was “ineffective” and discontinued, this is a super weapon that should be used today against F35s lol.

Don’t worry guys! We’ll still be sniping you from a bit higher this time around. But enjoy it while you can. Cause it will get nerfed eventually. Pretty sure.
    An F35 irl would nail you from kilometers away if your location was known. They do not need to come within 3 digit distance.
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't played since friday. on friday the Fliegerfaust  was like 40% (after 2 days) on XBOX. 
    it is out on xbox or just PC?

Fliegerfaust Overpowered?
    I'm not surprised. DICE doesn't like pilots that much. they just focus on infantry. even tanks suck.
    the flying system since Alpha is ****, and full of simple bugs not fixed after 1 year. no one tests the flying system at DICE.
    radar doesn't work, planes can't spawn, invisible planes.
    I will test the Fliegerfaust today.

• ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Raspu71nG wrote: »
    I haven't played since friday. on friday the Fliegerfaust  was like 40% (after 2 days) on XBOX. 
    it is out on xbox or just PC?

Fliegerfaust Overpowered?
    I'm not surprised. DICE doesn't like pilots that much. they just focus on infantry. even tanks suck.
    the flying system since Alpha is ****, and full of simple bugs not fixed after 1 year. no one tests the flying system at DICE.
    radar doesn't work, planes can't spawn, invisible planes.
    I will test the Fliegerfaust today.

It's available on Xbox. The task was a community effort.
  • JediMastaWyn
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Ok been on the giving and receiving end of this gadget. It one shotted my bomber which was near full health I'm sure! I two shot a German bomber on Narvik with ease.

It's more powerful than a spitfire VA, Anti-Air gun and MAA.  Can see it getting nerfed! 

• fragnstein
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't like it? Spawn as an assault and go kill the guy. Until then it's fine the way it is
  • Noodlesocks
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA turrets and tanks were already obsolete but I agree that infantry AA shouldn't be more powerful than them. Turrets and tanks should be buffed if they are going to nerf the fliegerfaust.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AA turrets and tanks were already obsolete but I agree that infantry AA shouldn't be more powerful than them. Turrets and tanks should be buffed if they are going to nerf the fliegerfaust.

well how would you buff the AA then? they simply get obliterated by any plane that has a bomb and you can't defend against them beyond trying to shoot them but the planes can easily tank an AA barrage heal up and be good to go...

• CONVEEEN
    172 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Typical DICE amateurs  :#
  • Man_ILoveFishing

well how would you buff the AA then? they simply get obliterated by any plane that has a bomb and you can't defend against them beyond trying to shoot them but the planes can easily tank an AA barrage heal up and be good to go...

Not planes, bomber.
  • mythic_employee
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Weapon isn't an issue for fighters/bombers due to height/agility, but it simply deletes attack planes because they need to fly low or straight to utilize their weapons efficiently.  I already avoided flying the stuka/mosquito because I simply didn't like them, but as of now they might as well be removed from the game.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    Mceedj11 wrote: »
    Too effective! You can’t even see them coming!

It’s almost like an insta-kill. One frame even. Ridiculous.

Cool, I’ll remember to shed a single tear for you next time myself and two others are one shot by a single bomb dropped by a single fighter we didn’t see coming while in a slow-moving tank, or the next time I’m part of a multi squad one-shot bombing casualty on Fjell. :'( I’m SOOO sad that you guys have an infantry counter now, and won’t be able to rack up 50-100+ kills without dying.
    Please, you camping tanks do the same, going for 40-80:0. And its even more annoying imo.
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    (Quote)
    Please, you camping tanks do the same, going for 40-80:0. And its even more annoying imo.

Except not all tankers sit back and camp from their spawn. I’m one of those tankers who pushes with infantry to give them support. You don’t see me crying in the forums because Assault players delete me with their gadgets when I screw up. If I wanted to tank with zero risk from Assault gadgets, I’d spawn camp. If you want to fly with zero risk from Assault gadgets, increase your altitude and target other planes, rather than infantry.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    (Quote)

Except not all tankers sit back and camp from their spawn. I’m one of those tankers who pushes with infantry to give them support. You don’t see me crying in the forums because Assault players delete me with their gadgets when I screw up. If I wanted to tank with zero risk from Assault gadgets, I’d spawn camp. If you want to fly with zero risk from Assault gadgets, increase your altitude and target other planes, rather than infantry.
    Oh my, i don't care if you do or not. There are a lot of yous that does that and get that 100 kill. Now tell me, if i have no targets in air, whats my next move? Ground right? Now tell me https://imgur.com/w800n4u isnt it a bit too much?