I think I'm officially done

filthmcnasty
634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2019
After playing this game nearly daily for an hour or 2, I decided to try some old titles out again. The result is I'm actually enjoying playing competitive games again, just not Battlefield. I went back to Overwatch and World of Tanks. Since letting BF5 go I'm much happier with gaming. I no longer have hopes that DICE can save this game, or even salvage it. It's a mess and it's going to continue being a mess because the team behind it has ZERO direction. They have made bad call after bad call and it's a trend that's not changing.

This is no longer the Battlefield I fell in love with back in the days of Bad Company 1&2. The titles since then changed but all retained enough of the BF experience to make it feel like they belong in the franchise. Even the derivative and generally generic feeling BF4 was a great game, even though it lacked any innovation what so ever. It had a purpose and a direction; make a new BF game similar to the last with a few new things. BF5 does none of this.

I wouldn't even know where to begin with the games faults, they are too numerous. Playing is much like getting slapped in the face constantly, but you keep playing because you hope someday the abuse stops. It's not going to, sorry. It's kind of like an abusive relationship.

At this point I'm not even looking forward to the next title. I have no faith in DICE anymore. It's been a good 10 plus years on the Battlefield, but it's time to move on.

Edit: Went back to try the Pacific for a few matches and the game is heading in the right direction, but still has a lot of the same problems. Infantry/vehicle balance is still utter crap and gives tanks no option other than camp. Class specific equipment is still bad (Why doesn't every class have access to the standard frag grenade?), gadgets have too many uses (you can only carry 1 grenade but 3 Faust and 3 dynamite?), resupply points are still an awful mechanic, etc. The maps are better designed though, much more enjoyable than the uninteresting battles they picked for year 1.

However, going forward it's not enough. Watching Jackfrags video on the upcoming December patch shows DICE is taking one step forward and 3 steps back. Increasing ttk again, markers above enemies, and MORE INFANTRY ANTI TANK WEAPONS! As if infantry ramboing tanks isn't bad enough already. Give tankers more reason to camp, great idea!

And after playing CoDs new 64 player mode, I gotta say, it's almost like playing the same game anymore, but CoD does it better. If CoD added MBTs, attack helos and plane spawns there would be no reason to play Battlefield. Not to mention it is a blatant conquest copy, so you dont even have to turn on BF for that now. Everything that made BF special is gone. I'm sorry, but it is. But hey! You can play Minecraft while getting shot at!
Post edited by filthmcnasty on

Comments

• heresPaul
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don’t worry TC nothing a BF6 trailer can’t fix and you’ll pre order the BF6 deluxe edition in no time :D or not...
  • talhaONE
    335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    competitive
    World of Tanks.
    Okay.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder why do you people think this is important to make threads like this? Do you really think EA/Dice or anyone here cares?
    They mainly care about the money. Which is why we have this CoDdy shallow product like BFV.
  • Blackie03
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The previous BF games were so much better because of the community's that ran them. No Admins = dead game..

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    Just take a break. Don't get to the point where you feel like you're going to snap. Have at least a couple of games to switch between. You don't have to play any game if you don't want to. It's really that simple.
    This is solid advice. I had to learn this lesson the hard way after raging constantly in BF4, but if a game ever gets to that point again, I just stop playing for a while.

It works pretty well with BFV, to be honest, though the game does seem to be getting better after the past few patches.
  • ragnarok013
    3518 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I wonder why do you people think this is important to make threads like this? Do you really think EA/Dice or anyone here cares?
    llPhantom_Limbll  it's a way for players to voice dissatisfaction with a game they love in order to show the devs that something's amiss in the current state.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    World of tanks is a money pit.  Glad I quit playing that game  Buying premium and garage slots for your tanks besides then buying premium tanks. Man it got expensive.  Also match making for world of tanks seemed lopsided.  I always got stuck as the low tier in the match.  It got lame.
  • BrianLocal1
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The WWII time period just appeals to me the most.   I'll probably always be a bit old school.  I like antique shows too.
  • HugoPlayNow
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to see what happens with the Pacific Theater update.  If Dice cared so much about money, they wouldn't have spent so much time developing new FREE maps and modes a year after it's release.  I have to think they care enough to keep updating and patching and adding maps and challenges.

That said, the game hasn't improved too much.  I still go back to BF1 if I want to have fun.  being able to lay unlimited mines and AP trip wires is just part of it.  BFV is still too stingy with what you can do, which they think adds realism, but takes a lot of fun away.
  • flatrock101
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to see what happens with the Pacific Theater update.  If Dice cared so much about money, they wouldn't have spent so much time developing new FREE maps and modes a year after it's release.  I have to think they care enough to keep updating and patching and adding maps and challenges.

That said, the game hasn't improved too much.  I still go back to BF1 if I want to have fun.  being able to lay unlimited mines and AP trip wires is just part of it.  BFV is still too stingy with what you can do, which they think adds realism, but takes a lot of fun away.
    This is one of the problems though, Ea/Dice bring out a game that doesn't work,
    People leave for a while to play something else waiting for improvements 
    some return some don't ruining platoons/clans and communities and friends.

Which is ironic as i have gone full circle now with the release of  the new cod
    Rejoining most of my old clan mates who didn't come over to Bf when i did. 
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    COD is so much better.
  • OldSkoolIce
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After playing this game nearly daily for an hour or 2, I decided to try some old titles out again. The result is I'm actually enjoying playing competitive games again, just not Battlefield. I went back to Overwatch and World of Tanks. Since letting BF5 go I'm much happier with gaming. I no longer have hopes that DICE can save this game, or even salvage it. It's a mess and it's going to continue being a mess because the team behind it has ZERO direction. They have made bad call after bad call and it's a trend that's not changing.

This is no longer the Battlefield I fell in love with back in the days of Bad Company 1&2. The titles since then changed but all retained enough of the BF experience to make it feel like they belong in the franchise. Even the derivative and generally generic feeling BF4 was a great game, even though it lacked any innovation what so ever. It had a purpose and a direction; make a new BF game similar to the last with a few new things. BF5 does none of this.

I wouldn't even know where to begin with the games faults, they are too numerous. Playing is much like getting slapped in the face constantly, but you keep playing because you hope someday the abuse stops. It's not going to, sorry. It's kind of like an abusive relationship.

At this point I'm not even looking forward to the next title. I have no faith in DICE anymore. It's been a good 10 plus years on the Battlefield, but it's time to move on.

I don't blame you for thinking that way, man. I've been playing other games (Days Gone, Spider-Man PS4, MK 11, Dead Space, The Division 2, Dishonored, 1st Bad Company story mode & Dragon Age 2) since letting BFV collect dust this past January. Shoot, I want to play Battlefield 4 on PS4. But, I don't know if anybody is playing the game anymore for other games. Battlefield Bad Company games were the games I got into the franchise. I've doubts about "War In The Pacific" for BFV.
  • duendemago
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I feel your pain. I'm doing exactly the same. Perhaps my last hope was that with the upcoming patch they finally fix their horrible performance issues which YouTubers and many people has been silent about IDK why but that is the case. I'm pretty sure that many people with decent rigs at this forum can run this game with pretty steady 90 to 120fps, no stuttering or fps drops. But no! They seem to need MORE THAN A YEAR to deliver a finished product. It is a shame, this game is gorgeous in its original design and a general idea of BF series but all the little details are capitalizing for having this sad and lame experience. Just follow your feelings dude and I hope someday Dice and EA can understand the importance of FEELINGS when it comes to a Franchize, the connection, the engagement, the pation we all feel for this game. Dice broke our hearts. That is true here.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    heresPaul wrote: »
    Don’t worry TC nothing a BF6 trailer can’t fix and you’ll pre order the BF6 deluxe edition in no time :D or not...

If its not the cold war era, count me out, reason I say this, COD already has a Modern title and its very Battlefield esque. Just saying
  • VincentNZ
    3776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While I clashed with you on here before, I think it is important to not get a game get into your head. You can still have fun with this game, one does have to be able to step back once in a while.
  • Hawxxeye
    6551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    Just take a break. Don't get to the point where you feel like you're going to snap. Have at least a couple of games to switch between. You don't have to play any game if you don't want to. It's really that simple.
    Yeah for example I switch between BFV and GTA V (single player) and F.G.O. on my phone these days.