[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• Mayday-IG
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Currently playing with a blatant rage hacker.
    By EA not even being able to stop blatant hacking and not commenting on anything here after 400+ comments. I can only come to the conclusion that they don’t care and will do nothing to stop any cheating. Thus it’s the last EA or Dice game I will buy.
    Fool me once same on you. Fool me twice same in me.
  • Mayday-IG
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Taking down my post about playing with a blatant cheater this morning doesn’t change the fact that they’re still playing round after round laughing at everyone else in the server.
    Just because something is a rule doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. This has been proven many times in history.
  • Kompura
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've played four rounds of conquest today in European servers. Faced two blatant cheaters. This is way out of hands now, getting worse day by day and I'm going to join the club of not buying any EA nor Dice games anymore if situation won't change very soon. This is very bad as I've played battlefield games almost from the beginning.
  • STOPchris
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Mayday-IG said:
    Taking down my post about playing with a blatant cheater this morning doesn’t change the fact that they’re still playing round after round laughing at everyone else in the server.
    Just because something is a rule doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. This has been proven many times in history.
    Imagine if they did not have a name and shame rule.... Just think about that for a second. Imagine how many garbage posts, false accusations and fighting would go on here... If you can't comprehend that, then you should probably be doing something else with your life, maybe getting an education?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13700 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Mayday-IG said:
    Um...

Did you even look at the post above this post?

Because I'm pretty certain this post is the one quoted below..

Think before you post please.
    Mayday-IG said:
    Currently playing with a blatant rage hacker.
    By EA not even being able to stop blatant hacking and not commenting on anything here after 400+ comments. I can only come to the conclusion that they don’t care and will do nothing to stop any cheating. Thus it’s the last EA or Dice game I will buy.
    Fool me once same on you. Fool me twice same in me.

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't played for a while, because cheaters are not dealt with properly. Today I finally played, and guess what... First server already 5-6 cheaters. Only on one team. And just now, on another server, one raging cheater arrived. This is pathetic.
  • MintySSD
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it just PC cheaters or console cheaters ? 
  • OskooI_007
    1150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just PC.
  • STOPchris
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The crazy part is, I actually believe Call of Duty might be better this time. I have been playing Call of Duty the past couple of days and so far it is pretty good. BF5 looks better for sure, but if I head over to the Call of Duty forums for various Call of Duty games, I see people complaining about being banned. I have NEVER seen anyone complain about being banned from this game... THAT is a BAD sign.
  • GenCuster
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    The biggest share of cheaters is obviously in the PC ...
    Much less, apparently in the consoles.
    I'd be curious to see the market share of the consoles and those of the video cards.
    I can't understand how Nvidia, Asus, and all the other video card manufacturers, motherboards,
    and everything else have not already done a HUGE PRESSURE on EA for correct this problem.
    If EA is economically damaged with a small altitude ... let alone the damage to them in economic terms.

• OskooI_007
    1150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    It's true. I spent thousands of dollars on PC hardware, just to play a $60 online game. But cheating ruined the PC gaming experience so I'll be buying a PlayStation 5.

The biggest economic loses due to PC cheating will definitely be felt by PC hardware manufacturers the most. Intel, Nvidia, Asus... Pretty much everyone except AMD.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • Blackhawk
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Serious damage is being done to your brand. The longer it takes for you to respond to the problem, the more damage that will be done. People will not buy your product because of your negligence. Is this the end of Battlefield?

You need to implement anticheat ASAP, at the bare minimum votekick to give the players the tools to police themselves (since you won't do it)

Most importantly you need to communicate to us what you're doing to fix the problem.
  • OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When the new update arrives later in the week we might get lucky and it will disable the cheaters for a few days!

With the new consoles arriving next year it will be interesting to see if they drop the PC version like they did with the first Bad Company game.
  • Mick_hr
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game unistalled. Too much hackers. There is no point to play against bots. Last drop was a raging hacker with rank 90 and KD over 10. How many games did he destroy?
    Are you insane to letting them run free like that? Amazing, it's like you want to destroy your own franchise. Why develop new maps at all when you can't deliver basic normal gameplay? Develop a proper anti-cheat instead, losers.
  • SirBobdk
    4685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
     I see people complaining about being banned. I have NEVER seen anyone complain about being banned from this game... THAT is a BAD sign.
    No doubt it has gone from bad to worse. Rental servers cannot come fast enough. Only solution here and now imo. I don't believe in a working AC in the near future, maybe never when we talk about EA. Other providers are trying but it seems like EA dont know how or dont care.
  • MichalORel
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please DICE, can you comment on this? What do you do with Anticheat?

• frankzappaVT
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @frankzappaVT
    Please keep on topic.

This is not a thread about "selfish tankers",  This thread is about the ongoing cheating situation on BFV, Specifically on PC.

Comment edited out as it is off topic/derailing.
    You seem to have an issue .......how old are you? If you are above the age of 18 and feel attacking new members here everytime they post a response, especially if the response isnt being malicious.....youre wires are crossed buddy! You dont give  a flying fk about folks concerns ...your here to troll peoples post and call it moderation........pretty pathetic! ILL NEVER COME BACK HERE AGAIN BASED ON GOT YER WALMART TAGS! bad look buddy! Here in america we have freedom of speech! regardless of what you burger king kids (your way right away mindset 24/7 356) have fun being A N A L DOUCHEHATS!
  • frankzappaVT
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

Some Other developers tell you how many players theyve banned, so at least you know SOMETHING is being done. With this game, nothing. No notice, no nothing. 
    Some developers are not all developers.

What you get with one developer you may not get with others.

every company handles the situation differently.

You're pretty much comparing apples and pears here,  But both are still a type of fruit.

Your pretty much part of the problem defemnding a FAILED system! then coming to the forums to TRY to be morality police and enforce TWISTED logic forum rules, chit dude if you put half the energy into catching cheats in the game as you do trolling new members here for simple infractions the cheaters would be stymied.....but no you keep doing your clown shoes kid, and if your not a kid im ashamed for u!

• QU4NT0R
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

Cheating should have zero protection from name and shame. Especially when they are rage cheaters that dont care about how obvious it is. The fact these players are legitimately protected from exposure sends the complete wrong message to legitimate players. Who wants to play a game that does nothing to protect players from cheating? Nobody. And then putting a muzzle on them for getting completely fed up is insane.
    No gaming forum tolerates name and shame,  EA is no different.

Steam forums don't tolerate it,  Other game forums do not tolerate it..  This is not a new practice in the gaming industry.

Depends on the Devs…. I know several games where cheaters are "named and shamed" by the devs…. Also BF1 was sending out global chat messages if a cheater was banned from the server at the beginning. Later on it was changed to only announce total cheaters banned within the last 24hours and in the last month. 

Someone remember Gears of War 2 ? Cheaters were punished and flagged by adding the word "cheater" to their profile pages… Or H1Z1: Cheaters were forced to record a public excuse and publish it on YouTube to remove the ban…. Or Guild Wars 2 where the character of a blatant cheater was "executed" in public by the devs before they've deleted his account… 

Also we are talking about anonymous Gamer Tags which can be changed as often as you like... No one can associate those Tags to Real Life Names… So Naming and Shaming shouldn't be a problem… 

Funny thing: Use one "bad" word in the forums (even if you didn't want to swear, only to quote a Dice-Dev) and you'll be "jailed" and censored within 1 hour. Use cheats and hacks and rage and you're allowed to play for month… (some since the beginning)... I wished EA/Dice would be as fast in enforcing cheaters as the forum mods are in punishing Users without bad intentions...