Two nights using the Fliegerfaust, Don't expect lots of Points

xHonest_Abe
217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I tried the Fliegerfaust several hours each night, and this is what I found on performance.
1. You definitely need a reliable resupply for the Fliegerfaust. If there are lot of aircraft flying around, your supply will be gone in a heart beat.
2. The enemy is already catching on that fly around your aircraft resupply point near your spawn is risky now. You will see more enemy pilots resupply on their side of the map.
3. Lately the enemy is flying at high altitudes and taking a quick dive bomb run, but now they climb out and do not hang around at low altitudes as before.
4. From two nights on several winter maps with fixed AA, the new weapon has practical eliminated the outrageous pilot scores 40+/0 kills from the past. (Nice work DICE  <3, I bet you have not heard that for awhile).
5. You are easily killed if you are close to the enemy on the ground. When you fire the Fliegerfaust in the air (looks like streaks of lightning), all can see where you are (much more than rifle fire). You find yourself looking in the air while the enemy moves in on you.
6. The Fliegerfaust is an excellent AA weapon, but don't expect a lot of points using it during the whole game. The best k/d for me using it during the whole game was 14/1. But after the results of the game, I placed on the bottom third for points.
7. A lot of the quick kill video using the Fliegerfaust where taken on the first days when the weapon came out. Don't expect it is that easy now, pilots know about the new weapon now.

Comments

• chinook240
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good review, thanks. If it keeps camping pilots from coming down to low level all to the good.
  • xHonest_Abe
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, was on last night. After 3 hours on flying maps, I never saw an outrageous pilot score. There was less worry on the ground now over being bomb while taking the flag in a confined area. There were still plenty of aircraft in the sky, but it was noticeable than before more flying at higher altitudes and took longer time now for a bombing run. I guess the new weapon has freed up the aircraft for more players to use. There were more planes available during the games.
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't played for close to half a year now, but I'm glad pilots got a taste of their own medicine, even if it is likely to get rebalanced sooner or later.