Fliegerfaust Overpowered - DICE get your balancing straight!

Comments

  • Sapelogue
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer said:
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)

    The range is fine imo. Just the damages, spread and rocket velocity aren't.You can't dodge it, 2 FFs = insta death

    Range is fine and the damage, spread and velocoty too.
    It is good you can’t dodge and you shouldn’t dodge.
    As soon as you can dodge it becomes immidiaty obsolete.

    It should be treated like a tank. A tank can’t dodge a panzerfaust either. That is the thing.

    We as the pilots should found a different way to counter the FF.

    Maybe scissoring is slightly effective for example. On lower altitudes.
    I am going to try that the coming days.

    There's no "we" man. Any player can tell it's OP. Adapting to "this" is just taking 0 risk and staying over your spawn. Maybe you don't care about bein useless, I do.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)

    There's no "we" man. Any player can tell it's OP. Adapting to "this" is just taking 0 risk and staying over your spawn. Maybe you don't care about bein useless, I do.
    Ok so being near your spawn at helping out friendlies near contetested flags is useless? Ok

    You would rather farm infantry at the other side of the map. At than when you strafe further those same players are getting revived again?

    Pilot logic at its finest
  • Sapelogue
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer said:
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)

    There's no "we" man. Any player can tell it's OP. Adapting to "this" is just taking 0 risk and staying over your spawn. Maybe you don't care about bein useless, I do.
    Ok so being near your spawn at helping out friendlies near contetested flags is useless? Ok

    You would rather farm infantry at the other side of the map. At than when you strafe further those same players are getting revived again?

    Pilot logic at its finest
    Didn't know there was flags in the spawn
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Didn't know there was flags in the spawn

    Oh I don’t experience it so bad that I am forced to the spawn
  • Sapelogue
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer said:
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Didn't know there was flags in the spawn

    Oh I don’t experience it so bad that I am forced to the spawn
    Coz you'r not good enough. Yesterday, 2nd game, 2 coordinated FFs were focusing me. There's 0 counter, just stay away and guess where they can be. I don't mind coz I stopped playing BFV (dogfight meta is trash), but don't tell me you can adapt.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Coz you'r not good enough. Yesterday, 2nd game, 2 coordinated FFs were focusing me. There's 0 counter, just stay away and guess where they can be. I don't mind coz I stopped playing BFV (dogfight meta is trash), but don't tell me you can adapt.

    Yeah that is true you are a superior pilot than me. But many pilots don’t have a problem with it.
    Strange...

    Maybe they understand it was super lobsided situation

    But even amateur pilots like me get taken out by 2 FF’s.

    You just want to go 100 - 0 easy mode and now you go 80 - 2.

    Love the salt though
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Coz you'r not good enough. Yesterday, 2nd game, 2 coordinated FFs were focusing me. There's 0 counter, just stay away and guess where they can be. I don't mind coz I stopped playing BFV (dogfight meta is trash), but don't tell me you can adapt.
    But what is the counter to you than?!??

  • Sapelogue
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer said:
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Coz you'r not good enough. Yesterday, 2nd game, 2 coordinated FFs were focusing me. There's 0 counter, just stay away and guess where they can be. I don't mind coz I stopped playing BFV (dogfight meta is trash), but don't tell me you can adapt.

    Yeah that is true you are a superior pilot than me. But many pilots don’t have a problem with it.
    Strange...

    Maybe they understand it was super lobsided situation

    But even amateur pilots like me get taken out by 2 FF’s.

    You just want to go 100 - 0 easy mode and now you go 80 - 2.

    Love the salt though
    I don't care about dyin bro. If  I did, I would have a 15+ KD. But I care about dyin to something I can't do anything against. You can't see them before they shoot, you can't dodge even 1 rocket. If I survive, means they missed (and boi you have to be bad to miss that).

    Never been 100 - 0, my record is something like 92 - 2. When DICE nerfed the AA against fighter in April I said it was a bad idea. There's no salt, just the opinion of one of the best pilot of this game.
  • Sapelogue
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer said:
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Coz you'r not good enough. Yesterday, 2nd game, 2 coordinated FFs were focusing me. There's 0 counter, just stay away and guess where they can be. I don't mind coz I stopped playing BFV (dogfight meta is trash), but don't tell me you can adapt.
    But what is the counter to you than?!??

    they can run and dodge my shots, I can't dodge their rockets (too fast, not enough spread). Infantry can have FF, it's fair. But FF shouldn't be that powerful. Look at BF1 AA rockets, it's was quite balanced. you needed 3 or 4 coordinated shots to 1 frame a plane.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)
    they can run and dodge my shots, I can't dodge their rockets (too fast, not enough spread). Infantry can have FF, it's fair. But FF shouldn't be that powerful. Look at BF1 AA rockets, it's was quite balanced. you needed 3 or 4 coordinated shots to 1 frame a plane.
    I totally understand what you mean trust me.

    But you have always the advantage of attack. They can’t attack you.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    They cannot dodge your shots.
    I rarely get strafed by the way by fighters. But is really almost a one frame if get killed by one.

    If any dedicated assault totally focus on taking out a tank than he forces the tanker almost to the base. 2 dedicated assaults that dedicate themself to taking out a tanker and the tanker is bound to his base or killed.

    Why should this be different with planes?

    So you need at least 3 to 4 players to take out a plane?
  • VincentNZ
    3851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah you can't really dodge a plane. You got other stuff to do than to look at the sky. Your FOV in vertical is awfully limited and you focus on stuff on the ground or you are dead. Also the audio is sub-par, too much visual and acoustic noise to concentrate on everything.
    Assaults with the FF on Fjell however, they might look up a decent amount of time. Planes got the time to look around, since the number of counters to them is so limited and they have the advantage of free roam in a skybox.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look it is so dead easy to say;
    Nerf that thing.

    What I did notice about the FF is that I have sometimes have a hard time figuring out the approximate location when being shot from the sides.

    When the discussions were going round and and round and rouund during bf3 and bf4 about the lock on weapons I thought long and hard about a possible solition to that problem.

    The solution I came years later is that Stingers or Igla’s should leave a big (or small) trail of smoke.

    Not only it is an immersive sight but the trail of smoke is visible for the pilot so he can descide to attack the stinger or he can descide to avoid that area.

    Now the FF is basically a better version of the stinger. At least you have to lead and aim the thing.

    If and that is a big if.......if it must be nerfed than I would seek a solution in leaving some kind of trail or afterimage from the fired rockets of the FF.
    So the pilot can see the approximate location and attack or avoid that area.

    Cat and mouse gameplay
  • Sapelogue
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    snavelaer said:
    They cannot dodge your shots.
    I rarely get strafed by the way by fighters. But is really almost a one frame if get killed by one.

    If any dedicated assault totally focus on taking out a tank than he forces the tanker almost to the base. 2 dedicated assaults that dedicate themself to taking out a tanker and the tanker is bound to his base or killed.

    Why should this be different with planes?

    So you need at least 3 to 4 players to take out a plane?

    You can't read ? Since when you need to 1 frame a plane to get rid of it ?

    Tank has cover, eventually support to repair him and you need to aim with panzerfaust or PIAT. With FF, just aim approximately to the sky and win.

    To get 1 framed by fighter, you need to get headshoted by 20mm.

    You can't read ? Since when you need to 1 frame a plane to get rid of it ?

    Tank has cover, eventually support to repair him and you need to aim with panzerfaust or PIAT. With FF, just aim approximately to the sky and win.

    To get 1 framed by fighter, you need to get headshoted by 20mm.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where did I say that you need 1 framed by FF?
    You want a magic escape button where you can always avoid being shot by FF but still perform the same way you did in the past.
    If it takes to long to get 2 succecsive hits on a plane it will fly away and never comeback if it wants.

    Planes have cover too

    Planes. Aim down to ground b]open[/b] up on infantry and win. Supress. Aim under red square to headshot. Not hard.

    So you seriously say that it is harder to hit a tank with a panzerfaust than shooting a plane with FF.?

    One assault can solo a tank.
    Now it takes at least 2 players to take out an plane.

    There is no argument why planes should have special treatment.

    There is a reason why players like operation Underground and all those infantry focused maps because they don’t have to deal with unbalanced vehicles year in year out.
    That is a shame because Battlefield should be a combined arms game.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Fliegerfaust, infantry carrying a weapon that is much more powerful than mobile AA. Make sense... what were you thinking??

  • Sapelogue
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    snavelaer said:
    Where did I say that you need 1 framed by FF?
    You want a magic escape button where you can always avoid being shot by FF but still perform the same way you did in the past.
    If it takes to long to get 2 succecsive hits on a plane it will fly away and never comeback if it wants.

    Planes have cover too

    Planes. Aim down to ground b]open[/b] up on infantry and win. Supress. Aim under red square to headshot. Not hard.

    So you seriously say that it is harder to hit a tank with a panzerfaust than shooting a plane with FF.?

    One assault can solo a tank.
    Now it takes at least 2 players to take out an plane.

    There is no argument why planes should have special treatment.

    There is a reason why players like operation Underground and all those infantry focused maps because they don’t have to deal with unbalanced vehicles year in year out.
    That is a shame because Battlefield should be a combined arms game.

    You say it when you ask me if we need 3 or 4 assaults to get rid of a plane. I talk about 1 frame kills, you talk about getting rid of. So I assume you can't read properly.
    Being able to dodge 1 or 2 rockets (out of 3) at long range would be balanced yeah, it rewards skill and bad pilots will still get hit by the 3 rockets
    Planes don't have cover when they're in the range of the FF
    yeah it's way harder to shoot a tank with panzerfaust than to shoot a plane with FF.
    1 good assault can't solo a good tanker, 2 dummies either, but the 2 dummies can duo an ace ?
    A year ? AAs and AA tanks were pretty powerful at launch for 2 or 3 weeks, AA tanks were broken for a mounth on January/February, fighter wasn't turning faster than bomber for almost 2 months (April/May), dogfight meta is trash since late March. Strange years you have
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    So you want to dodge FF?
    If you can dodge any ace can dodge.

    But infantry can dodge your strafe run when being shot with the main cannon, right?
    Answer is no.

    But shall we talk about those G2 rockets on your plane?
    If you want to dodge FF than those rockets should be nerfed severly as well.
    Can infantry dodge those to?

    So it is harder to shoot a panzerfausst on a tank than a FF?
    Yo! Yeah with a panzerfaust you need to aim up and with the FF you need to lead if you want to shoot higher flying planes.
    Different but not hard on both.

    1 good assault can’t kill a good tanker? Yo!
    Not true. But that is because that tanker has the help of those supports you mentioned earlier, right? Hey wait a minute than it is not a solo tanker anymore...

    Can’t you read? I meant with year in year out that the plane balance is bad from one game to another
    Post edited by snavelaer on
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    >went 45-7 In Mosquito MkVI, and I'm a terrible pilot
    >enemy pilot went 45-6 In Ju-88A (he was 21-0 At the start of the game, hence why I ended up jumping in the Mosquito to shoot him down)
    >neither of us ever got shot down by Fliegers because we could fly higher than they could hope to engage. Most of the Ju-88As deaths were to me, 2 Of my deaths were as infantry and 5 Were from enemy pilots
    >the only effect the Flieger had on either of us was keeping us higher in the air and preventing more active engagements between planes. This was especially bad in my case, as my team never seemed to have more than a few Fliegers who were certainly not effective, while enemy; Defending in Breakthrough; had multiple as well as stationary AA, and at one point an MAA Too), so I often had to just ignore the perfect opportunity to shoot them down because it was too risky
    >wow plane gameplay is so unplayable

    Don't get me wrong, I actually do understand that the Flieger affects fighters more than bombers and that's most of what I understand the upset to be, but it hasn't even been a week yet and I've seen immediately far fewer Fliegerfausts and far less planes getting farmed by them.
  • JediMastaWyn
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't think it has really affected bombers, they can go high and bomb fairly accurately from there. The fighter bombers are going to have a hard time as their niche is ground attack. But they are slow and have a poor payload compared to the bombers! 

    I don't think the FF is really working for it's intended target
Sign In or Register to comment.