Difference between M95 and Type 99?

M_Rat13
1499 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Looking at the stats, they seem to be the exact same gun. Haven't tried it in game yet as I'm leveling the other guns, but, for those that have, is there any difference between the two? It won't be a bad gun if the type 99 is the same as the M95, but it would mean Dice has been lazy......again......

Comments

• ChickenTheTank
    827 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would assume the reload times, mag sizes, damage distance drop off, and specializations are all going to be different.

That means they'll probably be similar, but slightly different.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Arisaka has better range. Dont know if it's as long as the Krag, but its definitely longer. Think it may have less bullet drop as well.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Which begs the question, why use anything else?
  • Tip_the_Cap
    We need to know the bullet velocity of the, Type 38. Seems like it should be slower than M95, otherwise the Arisaka is probably OP.

Not that I care, I love it the way it is.
  • jroggs
    1146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The M.95 has better iron sights and reload, so if all other things are equal then it wins the push. However, if the Arisaka has a 700 m/s MV instead of 600 like the M.95, then the Arisaka is arguably the best bolt-action in the game. Waiting on symthic and Robenter on that info.
  • The_BERG_366
    2578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    the type99 has faster bullet velocity but (afaik) same damage as the m95. however the type99 seems to have some weird delay on the scope in. i cant put my finger on it but it feels more sluggish than the m95....
  • M_Rat13
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the type99 has faster bullet velocity but (afaik) same damage as the m95. however the m95 seems to have some weird delay on the scope in. i cant put my finger on it but it feels more sluggish than the m95....

Wait which scope is more sluggish. First you say it's the M95, then you say the M95 is faster than it (Type 99).
  • The_BERG_366
    2578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Wait which scope is more sluggish. First you say it's the M95, then you say the M95 is faster than it (Type 99).

yeah you're right sorry. fixed it :smile:
  • hkspm123
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think type 99 get better velocity than m95 in my experience , lowest damage is 60 , I think m95 is 66 im not sure .
    We sniper need the data lol 
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seems almost identical to m95 but there’s a few differences.
    Same max damage at 80, but lower minimum at 60
    Single bullet reloads or stripper clip when emptied.
    Velocity I’m not sure yet. Probably 600

Overall I wish Dice made more significant changes to differentiate it from the other BA, they could’ve changed up the specializations at least.

If people thought the karabin and gewerh 43 was too similar. Well Dice out did them selves.
  • Tip_the_Cap

Overall I wish Dice made more significant changes to differentiate it from the other BA, they could’ve changed up the specializations at least.

If people thought the karabin and gewerh 43 was too similar. Well Dice out did them selves.

I don't find them similar at all, Type 38 just better range plain and simple.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If that’s the case. Dice just buried the M95.
    They have identical stats, and now the type 99 outclasses it in range?

I also doubt it has a faster bullet than 600
  • M_Rat13

If that’s the case. Dice just buried the M95.
    They have identical stats, and now the type 99 outclasses it in range?

I also doubt it has a faster bullet than 600

Could be slightly higher, like 650 instead of 700, so as not to outclass the Kar and Krag. Certainly sounds faster, but this is just speculation.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    I've been thinking they should have a bolt action that slots in between the Gewher, and Ross, and then the Krag , and Kar.

I really think the Arasaka is it. It a least has less bullet drop than the m95. That I'm pretty positive about.

Arasaka in, BF1 has literally no bullet drop, so it make sense to keep the 2 versions somewhat similar.
  • hkspm123
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been thinking they should have a bolt action that slots in between the Gewher, and Ross, and then the Krag , and Kar.

I really think the Arasaka is it. It a least has less bullet drop than the m95. That I'm pretty positive about.

Arasaka in, BF1 has literally no bullet drop, so it make sense to keep the 2 versions somewhat similar.
    Just felt like m95 for me , not effective over 150 or so meter. And bf1 does have bullet drop and pretty much over 300 u will see a big drop 
  • Foxassassin
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I used it extensively last night.

Empty reload is amazing. I think it's the fastest one yet,where as reloading one bullet at a time feels like it drags on forever.

Lowest damage I got on bodyshot was 58. Using scopes with it adds some strange delay when ADSing that other rifles dont,even the peep sight. The irons however are really nice and responsive,even without the quick aim spec.

I didn't do any long distance sniping so I can't comment on bullet drop or velocity
  • M_Rat13
    hkspm123 said:
    Just felt like m95 for me , not effective over 150 or so meter. And bf1 does have bullet drop and pretty much over 300 u will see a big drop 

Isn't that the same for any BA rifle in BFV though? And it really shows how bad sniping is now. BF1, I could do 300+ meter head shots with a little work. BFV is half that, pretty much.
  • hkspm123
    M_Rat13 said:
    hkspm123 said:

Isn't that the same for any BA rifle in BFV though? And it really shows how bad sniping is now. BF1, I could do 300+ meter head shots with a little work. BFV is half that, pretty much.
    I got to let you know that bullet drag is what holding these 600m/s or less ba back, with low drag perk on krag/kar the bullet speed they have actually superior compare to most rifle on bf1 except for russian/springfield/Gewehr98 . The other aspect of krag/kar is 100 % inferior compare to any(almost) BA on the previous title 
  • The_BERG_366
    hkspm123 said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    hkspm123 said:

I got to let you know that bullet drag is what holding these 600m/s or less ba back, with low drag perk on krag/kar the bullet speed they have actually superior compare to most rifle on bf1 except for russian/springfield/Gewehr98 . The other aspect of krag/kar is 100 % inferior compare to any(almost) BA on the previous title 
    this is only partially true actually, it really depends on what ranges you are talking about. in comparison with a kar 98 or krag with the low drag upgrade in bfv the follwing holds for bf1 sniper rifles: 
    - lebel is faster till about 45 meters
    - smle/ross is faster till about 80 meters
    - arisaka is faster till about 120 meters 
    - m1917, mosing nagant and russian 1895 are faster till about 200 meters
    - gewehr 98 faster till about 280 meters
    - m1903 faster till about 290 meters

all remaining ones fall short on all distances, so the martini, veterli, carcano, m95.

Therefore its more reasonable to say that the kar/krag with low drag spec have speeds that are about average for bf1 snipers (rather than them being superior to most bf1 rifles) within relevant ranges, while those rifles with those specs are the absolute (and by far) fastest ones in bfv.  if you are into ultra long ranges sniping (200 meters and more) than these bf5 guns perform better but still a lot worse than the bf4 guns, which weren't affected by drag. 
  • M_Rat13
    hkspm123 said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    hkspm123 said:

this is only partially true actually, it really depends on what ranges you are talking about. in comparison with a kar 98 or krag with the low drag upgrade in bfv the follwing holds for bf1 sniper rifles: 
    - lebel is faster till about 45 meters
    - smle/ross is faster till about 80 meters
    - arisaka is faster till about 120 meters 
    - m1917, mosing nagant and russian 1895 are faster till about 200 meters
    - gewehr 98 faster till about 280 meters
    - m1903 faster till about 290 meters

all remaining ones fall short on all distances, so the martini, veterli, carcano, m95.

Therefore its more reasonable to say that the kar/krag with low drag spec have speeds that are about average for bf1 snipers (rather than them being superior to most bf1 rifles) within relevant ranges, while those rifles with those specs are the absolute (and by far) fastest ones in bfv.  if you are into ultra long ranges sniping (200 meters and more) than these bf5 guns perform better but still a lot worse than the bf4 guns, which weren't affected by drag. 

So why do long range head shots feel easier in BF1. Especially with the G98.