US and Japanese factions need more character models

Normandie-I944
69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
As the title says. The British and German factions have plenty of characters you can choose to set up your company but at the current state the US and Japanese lack these options.
As an example if I would like to set up a male or female only squad for Japan I only have 3-3 models to choose from so two soldiers out of the 4 would use the same model.
It would be even okay just to add the German and British characters for the US and add one extra male and female model to the Japanese side. More options - more variety.

Comments

• M_Rat13
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I chose to run my USA/Japanese snipers as female for this very reason. At least snipers don't see front-line combat. Plus they now have hair so at least don't look silly.
  • jroggs
    1155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, only having three character options for each faction is pretty weak. And I'm not paying $20 more for a fourth option.
  • Sharkbite9204
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's funny because this shows that the only two white male character models were used to create the entire U.S. invasion force in the Pacific trailer. The three women and one black guy were nowhere to be seen during that entire cinematic.

Same goes for the Japanese. It was literally just the same three guys. (Elites excluded)

Why go out of your way to make a historically authentic trailer with no women when the players end up pretty much obligated at this point to have at least one woman in their squad if they don't want any clones? You can't have your cake and eat it too, DICE.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They really don't. You can't even see your own character.
  • M_Rat13
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They really don't. You can't even see your own character.

Honestly, I have no idea how to explain it, other than maybe, you just know, and it feels wrong. People aren't always logical.
  • GenesisMD5745
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    DICE could honestly just re-use the British faces for the US faction. For the JP faction, I believe there is at least two they can use. This shouldn't be too hard of a change to make. Then again, I don't work in the gaming industry, so what would I know?

However, it shouldn't be a priority. You can't see your own character anyway unless you're in 3rd person mode in a vehicle or the menus.
  • hkspm123
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Us female with hair , looks like average mom appearance . Pleaseeeee dice why uk look so much better even no hair? 
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    Yeah, only having three character options for each faction is pretty weak. And I'm not paying $20 more for a fourth option.

Damn. It just occurred to me after reading your comment that this is PRECISELY why there are only three character models for each gender. Dice clearly wants to give people more reason for buying the Pacific elites... Seems a bit scuzzy of them. I might buy the Japanese elite when he’s released, because he actually looks good/realistic compared to the datamined American elite, but I’ll have to double up on Franks for the Yanks.
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bullets and explosions effect them all the same
  • M_Rat13
    Bullets and explosions effect them all the same

I'm only up voting this because it made me laugh, lol.
  • F1sherOrigin
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    +1
    I love pretty much everything about Battlefield V, but I won't play black or female soldier simply because this feels wrong. I am white male person and I can associate myself only with the male person of my color. You can call this racist or whatever other popular meaningless word, but the truth is playing female or black soldier kills the immersion for me. 
  • CostanzaStan
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    *sigh*
  • skypIaya
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As the title says. The British and German factions have plenty of characters you can choose to set up your company but at the current state the US and Japanese lack these options.
    As an example if I would like to set up a male or female only squad for Japan I only have 3-3 models to choose from so two soldiers out of the 4 would use the same model.
    It would be even okay just to add the German and British characters for the US and add one extra male and female model to the Japanese side. More options - more variety.
    I agree, I have to use the same character as a sniper, because there is no other character for me to chose from. I would of like to use a different uniform as well for that character, but I can't. Just adding one more character (male) for each new faction would suffice.  
  • GeneralXIV
    286 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like more character models for females and males, and more cosmetics generally, just for more options :)

This issue doesn't really affect me. Ever since launch, Ive just played the same character on each side because I like the way they look (Elizabeth and Helga... I think?). I just used to customize each class separately. Now they updated it so I can't do that, so I have most of my characters the same and other models as backups or different camoflages like the Partisan set for Fjell. Im not a huge fan of the new system, I like to customize each class differently.

So more cosmetics would be nice for sure.
  • Bluemoon2393
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, 6 models per faction isn't really alo, concidering that Brits and Germans have like 10 or so.
    Also, Elites should not be allowed to use on Pacific until its own ones arrive.

I don't know if you can play the elites on the pacific maps but it would be silly to have German elites fighting with the Japanese as no Germans ever went to fight with each other as they were both occupied by each others fronts.

I wouldn't mind the British elites on the pacific because Britain did have to go to war against the Japanese as Japan wanted as many islands and territories off Britain and USA.

If DICE was to add more characters. I hope to see some Australian ones as it would be a nice touch as Australia had to defend their country against the Japanese.
  • Toxic_CA
    929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Damn. It just occurred to me after reading your comment that this is PRECISELY why there are only three character models for each gender. Dice clearly wants to give people more reason for buying the Pacific elites... Seems a bit scuzzy of them. I might buy the Japanese elite when he’s released, because he actually looks good/realistic compared to the datamined American elite, but I’ll have to double up on Franks for the Yanks.

Or you know....maybe because it's getting like 4 maps maybe they didnt spend all their time making models...?
  • M_Rat13
    +1
    I love pretty much everything about Battlefield V, but I won't play black or female soldier simply because this feels wrong. I am white male person and I can associate myself only with the male person of my color. You can call this racist or whatever other popular meaningless word, but the truth is playing female or black soldier kills the immersion for me. 

Black soldiers were actually a part of WW2 as front line troops though. While I do agree on the principal of immersion, I think you've watched one too many Hollywood movies lol.
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toxic_CA wrote: »

Or you know....maybe because it's getting like 4 maps maybe they didnt spend all their time making models...?

You must be new here. ;) If it were simply a matter of time constraints/available assets and not a deliberate move to create more demand for the upcoming elites, Dice could have easily recycled some of the lesser-used character models from the Allied side. There is one character, for instance, who has a distinctive Italian-American look about him (Jacob, I think? I’m not in game so I can’t check). There is also another Asian character who could have been ported over to the Japanese side.

Regardless, the maps are great and I’m having a lot of fun with the new content. :) The devs did an excellent job overall. More character models would have been nice, but not having them isn’t a huge deal or anything. I decided in the end to make my Recons women because I seldom use the class anyway.

Really enjoying the way my entire company looks at the moment. Only thing we need now cosmetics-wise is some better gear for the Brits... I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a D-Day or Battle of the Bulge chapter.
  • TheGM86
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    +1

Black soldiers were actually a part of WW2 as front line troops though. While I do agree on the principal of immersion, I think you've watched one too many Hollywood movies lol.
    What is Racial Segregation in the US armed forces, Alex?