But, what about those who don't like BF V?

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @warslag but why would you play it if you didn’t like it?

Also, it’s still a ridiculous analogy. The time scales involved are similar to the gaps between some directors films which people will happily still see after a film they may not of enjoyed.

No one said, to not provide feedback. You’re literally twisting this into a different angle to suit your extremely flawed analogy.

Yes your opinions are valid. Yes DICE should listen. No DICE should not rush to a solution like the OP is implying though. Go play another game and maybe try BFV out after each patch to see if you enjoy it more.
  • thebossman2202
    401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Also, it’s still a ridiculous analogy. The time scales involved are similar to the gaps between some directors films which people will happily still see after a film they may not of enjoyed.

No one said, to not provide feedback. You’re literally twisting this into a different angle to suit your extremely flawed analogy.

Yes your opinions are valid. Yes DICE should listen. No DICE should not rush to a solution like the OP is implying though. Go play another game and maybe try BFV out after each patch to see if you enjoy it more.

Pretty simple right? I stopped playing BFV for three months during chapter 4. Once Operation Underground came out I hoped right back in and had a blast. With this recent patch the game is even better.

I wasnt "disloyal" to the franchise, I just took a break to try new things and came back
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Right, but dude, you didn't hear what the OP said lol. The OP is claiming he does not like or play BF V. He does not like the game, but he loves the Franchise. Not everybody buys, likes, or plays every game a Franchise puts out.

However, to wait three years for another is going to alienate many people like myself, who are just going to move on to other franchises, being this one seems dead. If the answer is, do that, well, we may not even see another BF game no matter what they're telling us now, being their games aren't good, and don't sell. This kicking the can isn't good news. If their game was making money, and doing well, with a good track record of such, i can guarantee you, there would be another game next year, no questions asked.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

You've unwittingly proved my point. "Why would you play a game if you don't like it?" Then you said "try BFV out after each patch to see if you enjoy it more". There you go. You can be disloyal on one level while remaining completely loyal on another by giving feedback on the forums. Which was exactly what I explained using football as an example.

Pretty simple right? I stopped playing BFV for three months during chapter 4. Once Operation Underground came out I hoped right back in and had a blast. With this recent patch the game is even better.

I wasnt "disloyal" to the franchise, I just took a break to try new things and came back
    Well, actually, you were disloyal. But you came back. You never really stopped playing you were taking a break.
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    (Quote)
    That's a silly thing to say.

Obviously, a game requires some playing to discover whether you like it. If it's a game in a series that you have enjoyed and put a lot of time into, then it's reasonable to have certain personal expectations of it. But you probably won't get your money back once you've played the game a bit, so whether you like it or not you're stuck with it. Plus games are under continual development these days. So it's also reasonable to think you might be able to influence the development. We've definitely seen that happen with BF:V where a lot of the players have voiced there opinions and got the game changed. If that relationship didn't exist it would be the game producer's who suffered in the end. They have to listen to their customers including the ones who haven't bought the game yet.

I suppose your angle would be a bit like saying "if you don't enjoy reading the forums then stay away". Or "if you don't enjoy watching your football team play then stop supporting them". There'd be no football supporters left. It's equally as silly as telling people not to buy a game or not to play if they don't enjoy it. It's just not reality.

@warslag my issue was with the above post. Nowhere did he say don’t post on the forums. You are twisting the narrative which seems to be your MO on these forums.

I’ll leave it there.
  • sabootheshaman
    (Quote)
    Right, but dude, you didn't hear what the OP said lol. The OP is claiming he does not like or play BF V. He does not like the game, but he loves the Franchise. Not everybody buys, likes, or plays every game a Franchise puts out.

However, to wait three years for another is going to alienate many people like myself, who are just going to move on to other franchises, being this one seems dead. If the answer is, do that, well, we may not even see another BF game no matter what they're telling us now, being their games aren't good, and don't sell. This kicking the can isn't good news. If their game was making money, and doing well, with a good track record of such, i can guarantee you, there would be another game next year, no questions asked.

Then go play another game. Why should they risk a rushed product?

I’m tipping the delay is in building an all new engine. It’s the only logical step I imagine.
  • trip1ex
    5185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 for new consoles coming up!!!  Or Apexfield in 2020.  ;)

• thebossman2202
    401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    (Quote)
    You've unwittingly proved my point. "Why would you play a game if you don't like it?" Then you said "try BFV out after each patch to see if you enjoy it more". There you go. You can be disloyal on one level while remaining completely loyal on another by giving feedback on the forums. Which was exactly what I explained using football as an example.(Quote)
    Well, actually, you were disloyal. But you came back. You never really stopped playing you were taking a break.

Thats disloyal???
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    trip1ex said:
    BF5 for new consoles coming up!!!  Or Apexfield in 2020.  ;)

Nope.  Pushed back till April 2021 - March 2022 now for next Battlefield.  Never mind.  I thought you meant Bad Company 3/BF6.  I could see them porting BF5 over like ya said.  I was thinking of same thing earlier.  Or porting a older BF game over.  Unless they have a Star Wars game or Medal of honor.  Then did mention VR MOH. But that wont be the same and I dont plan on buying a VR headset.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,

A. Do we live in hope, that DICE will spend the next 2 years developing the game, ensuring that it works from release ?

B. Or, do we use their past performance as an indicator which means, yes, you guessed it, they will fack it up. 

Vote up for outcome B, vote down for outcome A. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    (Quote)

Then go play another game. Why should they risk a rushed product?

I’m tipping the delay is in building an all new engine. It’s the only logical step I imagine.
    How on earth is the current dev cycle, rushed? I mean dude, if they cant come out with a quality game in two years of development, they just never will. I mean they came out with better games on a one year dev cycle. Was BC 2 ...'rushed"? Or BF 3? I mean their best titles were only one year cycles, yet we're talking about game being 'rushed", in a two year cycle. This isnt Red Dead you know lol.

In the end, what's def gonna happen, is after three years, we still get a "rushed" game, being they have no intention of working on Battlefield for three years. They have Battlefront they're gonna put much more time, and that's what this is about.
  • BtheReaper49
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @warslag my football teams had years of poor form that has lead me to not going to games often.

That analogy is flawed as it really says fir a lot of ppl you’re being impatient. Most ppl can see the light at the end of the tunnel and know something they might e joy more could be on the horizon.

When my teams bad I’ll do other things. The solution is quite simple really. At no point did @SirSpectacle say they should abandon the franchise. He just said, go play something else. It’s a simple solution.

Well if that's the case then that means you're just a fair weather fan. You watch your team when they do well but go do other things when they do badly. That's a pretty easy way to be a "fan" I guess.
    The true BF fans who stick with the game through good and bad and complain on the forums are not fair weather fans. They want the game that they've played all of these years to be better. They don't just go and "play something else". Some, like myself still play BF5 but just a lot less than other installments. I really only play if my friends are playing. I need my friends with me that way we can all suffer together through the type of lousy net code and other functional issues that this game still has.
    The players that care and still hang on are the true fans that hope for a better BF and game experience.
  • disposalist
    8851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Those who don't like BFV should not play BFV, and play other games instead.

I wish all problems were this easy to solve!
    Yes, but, if you are a fan of the franchise and are very disappointed by BF5 and say nothing, DICE think "oh, that was loved by the fans, then" and carry on in that direction.

This is not just one game, but the latest iteration of a 17 year old franchise some of us have been enjoying for 17 years... until now...

I don't want to play non-BF shooters.  There is no other shooter quite like (or as good as) BF has been... until BF5 when they started making it more like CoD and Battle-Royale games and competitive shooters...

The franchise was getting better and better each time... until this.

I hope BF1 lives on, but the server program is not good, so my hope for the franchise really rests with BF6 being better.
  • Wlnnie-Pooh
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    disposalist said:
    Yes, but, if you are a fan of the franchise and are very disappointed by BF5 and say nothing, DICE think "oh, that was loved by the fans, then" and carry on in that direction.
    Not really... if you are a fan of the franchise and keep playing the old titles despite Dice constantly pushing bf5 with splash screen evrytime you load another bf they can't think you like bf5. They can see all the numbers, so i show them my 'sorry, i dont like bf5 at all buddy' message by playing bf1 and bf3 increasing their player count and ignoring bfv.

• F1sherOrigin
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Geez people, you are hilarious.
    Like, what, if you don't like BFV, they should release another game for you exclusively? The game that you probably wouldn't like either? Think with your head.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well if that's the case then that means you're just a fair weather fan. You watch your team when they do well but go do other things when they do badly. That's a pretty easy way to be a "fan" I guess.
    The true BF fans who stick with the game through good and bad and complain on the forums are not fair weather fans. They want the game that they've played all of these years to be better. They don't just go and "play something else". Some, like myself still play BF5 but just a lot less than other installments. I really only play if my friends are playing. I need my friends with me that way we can all suffer together through the type of lousy net code and other functional issues that this game still has.
    The players that care and still hang on are the true fans that hope for a better BF and game experience.
    Being a fan of a sports team is a good  comparison to use if we are talking about irrational behavior given that sports organizations utilize a fans irrational sense of ownership and belonging to fund their product. Real reason why some folks stick around to moan is because they are irrational, which is the defining characteristic for all true fans.
  • sabootheshaman
    (Quote)
    How on earth is the current dev cycle, rushed? I mean dude, if they cant come out with a quality game in two years of development, they just never will. I mean they came out with better games on a one year dev cycle. Was BC 2 ...'rushed"? Or BF 3? I mean their best titles were only one year cycles, yet we're talking about game being 'rushed", in a two year cycle. This isnt Red Dead you know lol.

In the end, what's def gonna happen, is after three years, we still get a "rushed" game, being they have no intention of working on Battlefield for three years. They have Battlefront they're gonna put much more time, and that's what this is about.

If you think 3 years is enough time for a triple a game on a new engine then good luck. My guess is that the end to end cycle for the next BF will be between 4-5 years.

I suggest you do some research on the topic. I really do.
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would hope Dice did analysis and came up with the timeline.   Sure people think DICE can do no right, but I would guess they know much better who would fall off, be retained or play as a new based on the timeline.

For those who can't wait, well, too bad it's not your call.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    (Quote)

If you think 3 years is enough time for a triple a game on a new engine then good luck. My guess is that the end to end cycle for the next BF will be between 4-5 years.

Well, thank you for your suggestion, but that's a tad bit crazy. This is BF, not GTA. We have to stop making excuses for Developers failures.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Next game will have plenty of years under its belt going by old rumors.  They said when BF5 was released Bad Company 3 had 2+ years already where BF5 only had like 18 months.  One year went by.  So BC3 has 3 years now.  No BC3 in 2020.  So that's 4 years.  2021 will be 5 years. 2022 will be 6 years.  That better be game of the year for 5-6 years.