Fliegerfaust Overpowered - DICE get your balancing straight!

Comments

  • Man_ILoveFishing
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Man you said ur self, basically everything what you say applies to you. Even on videos you fly low, you didn't get shot down because of lack flick.
  • BlazrOne
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it. So long overdue. You pilots had your run with no ground counter now its our turn. No more 100-0 for you. Ha
  • ProAssassin2003
    3707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn't need nerfed adapt and overcome is what everyone tells me when I cry for a Nerf to something.

    Honestly they need to just reduce Range. Only pilots who take a chance and fly low should be effected. And I hate planes just trying to help.
  • Mensrea831
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you think this is op....try flying anywhere near the 40mm aa...its a 2 hot kill lol. The FF is the least of my problems at the moment.
  • Mensrea831
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont think this dudes played on the new maps with the new AA Lol. The FF ive got killed by maybe 2x and it was my own fault....but those 40mm AAs are dangerous. Cant get anywhere near the objective without being 2 shot.
  • Mceedj11
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Mensrea831 wrote: »
    I dont think this dudes played on the new maps with the new AA Lol. The FF ive got killed by maybe 2x and it was my own fault....but those 40mm AAs are dangerous. Cant get anywhere near the objective without being 2 shot.

    I did. And I’m actually happy they buffed the AA so you guys could at least have a chance to keep us busy. My main issue is with the Fliegerfaust. It’s broken. If they don’t reduce the damage, at least reduce the range slightly or concentration of the shells.

    To be fair, I have been more careful with infantry, but that hasn’t stopped me from getting a 100+ kill game today on Iwo Jima.

    But the fact is, a lot of players are just laying back and not PTFOing, while they just look up with their fliegers. It’s hilarious haha.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remember when Rorsch Mk-1 Railgun came in BF4? It could take down air vehicles in one shot. Almost the same now. WW2... lol

  • Mceedj11
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    As the “Whining Ace Pilot” who started this post, I’ve read all the posts (thanks btw, I never had such a “popular” post) and I have a few things to point out to a few folks here about “aces”:

    - I have been an ace pilot since BF1. I’m ranked 30 on PS4. BF3/4 has a way higher skill ceiling and piloting in BFV does have its nuances but it is easier and with practice anyone can pick it up.

    -That being said, how many “Aces” have you seen accrue a kill count of over 50 in a game of conquest? And I’m not talking about bombers, actual fighters. Which leads to my next point.

    -I have played over 3000 games of conquest. (Yes, I do have a life, lovely girlfriend and a job if you’re asking) And, oh my god, guess what? I actually do play as an infantry! Quite well actually. Shocking!!!! (Go check my stats if you don’t believe me) Out of all those games, I have had maybe less then 10 games where a pesky “ace” was destroying infantry. Hmmmm. What to do? (Next point)

    - Oh wait! I actually put in the time to use one of the vehicles included in Battlefield. Because it is a Battlefield game you know! Not COD, not fortnite. Battlefield. Can you guess which vehicle that is? Did I hear you say plane? Well, right you are. (Next point)

    -I take said plane. Deal with pesky “ACE” and I make sure he rage quits making it easier for my team to have a “fun” game. Awww. (Obviously, I’m doing it for me, not the team, because you know, those annoying pesky pilots! Ewwww!)

    -The whole point I’m trying to make here is that good pilots will adapt and they will spank you till next Tuesday even with a Fliegerfaust in your hands. (And yes, it is overpowered) Imagine you had a bloody rpg that could 1 shot a tank. It needs balancing!

    -I do not get why infi players get so mad about pilots having free rule or high kill counts or kill you more than twice. Guess what! We don’t if you practice and get good in a plane! Bombers are like flying elephants for crying out loud! Use a plane and spray and I promise you, it will eventually go down.

    -I’m not here to cause fights or salt between pilots and infi players. Don’t blame a good pilot when he’s good at what the game offers. You do the same, and practice and eventually you’ll be able to deal with us. The pilot community is a very competitive one for sure, but I am more than happy to give advice and train anyone who’s interested!

    Nothing but love to you guys. Please understand where the “whining” is coming from.

    DICE, always wants to give players the easy way rather than put an effort into mechanics. If they had buffed the AAs, trust me, we pilots would have welcomed it wholeheartedly and in this patch they did. No complaints. We get shot down by a tank a panzerfaust/Piat? We say brilliant shot. No complaints. We see a squad working together (Plane, AA, back gunner) to take out an ace? We say well played! No complaints.

    We see several moving one shot handheld anti air ballistas that shoot out the very flames of Hades......... uhhhhhh, debatable.

    Phew. Kisses.

    Post edited by Mceedj11 on
  • Hawxxeye
    6699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Mceedj11 said:
    As the “Whining Ace Pilot” who started this post, I’ve read all the posts (thanks btw, I never had such a “popular” post) and I have a few things to point out to a few folks here about “aces”:

    - I have been an ace pilot since BF1. I’m ranked 30 on PS4. BF3/4 has a way higher skill ceiling and piloting in BFV does have its nuances but it is easier and with practice anyone can pick it up.

    -That being said, how many “Aces” have you seen accrue a kill count of over 50 in a game of conquest? And I’m not talking about bombers, actual fighters. Which leads to my next point.

    -I have played over 3000 games of conquest. (Yes, I do have a life, lovely girlfriend and a job if you’re asking) And, oh my god, guess what? I actually do play as an infantry! Quite well actually. Shocking!!!! (Go check my stats if you don’t believe me) Out of all those games, I have had maybe less then 10 games where a pesky “ace” was destroying infantry. Hmmmm. What to do? (Next point)

    - Oh wait! I actually put in the time to use one of the vehicles included in Battlefield. Because it is a Battlefield game you know! Not COD, not fortnite. Battlefield. Can you guess which vehicle that is? Did I hear you say plane? Well, right you are. (Next point)

    -I take said plane. Deal with pesky “ACE” and I make sure he rage quits making it easier for my team to have a “fun” game. Awww. (Obviously, I’m doing it for me, not the team, because you know, those annoying pesky pilots! Ewwww!)

    -The whole point I’m trying to make here is that good pilots will adapt and they will spank you till next Tuesday even with a Fliegerfaust in your hands. (And yes, it is overpowered) Imagine you had a bloody rpg that could 1 shot a tank. It needs balancing!

    -I do not get why infi players get so mad about pilots having free rule or high kill counts or kill you more than twice. Guess what! We don’t if you practice and get good in a plane! Bombers are like flying elephants for crying out loud! Use a plane and spray and I promise you, it will eventually go down.

    -I’m not here to cause fights or salt between pilots and infi players. Don’t blame a good pilot when he’s good at what the game offers. You do the same, and practice and eventually you’ll be able to deal with us. The pilot community is a very competitive one for sure, but I am more than happy to give advice and train anyone who’s interested!

    Nothing but love to you guys. Please understand where the “whining” is coming from.

    DICE, always wants to give players the easy way rather than put an effort into mechanics. If they had buffed the AAs, trust me, we pilots would have welcomed it wholeheartedly and in this patch they did. No complaints.

    Phew. Kisses.

    Fighters being properly countered only by other fighters (if they got a good enough pilot) is bad balancing period. If has been a recurring issue at least since BF3
    In no other aspect of the game can one who is good enough deny the entire map to its enemy counterparts and then also start killing other types of enemies.
    .
    Not everyone enjoys dogfighting even if they like to fly either. This is not just about pilots vs infantry but also for people who get denied the air and maybe get their next plane killed almost after spawning by Mr "why am I not playing Warthunder". Yesterday a Zero took me out before I could even take off the aircraft carrier.
    The fliegerfaust is easy to use sure, but the things you can do with it also reach a plateau very quick no matter how good one is with it

    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Mceedj11
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Respectfully, I disagree. But it’s OK to like the easy way out. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    2206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Mceedj11 said:
    As the “Whining Ace Pilot” who started this post, I’ve read all the posts (thanks btw, I never had such a “popular” post) and I have a few things to point out to a few folks here about “aces”:

    - I have been an ace pilot since BF1. I’m ranked 30 on PS4. BF3/4 has a way higher skill ceiling and piloting in BFV does have its nuances but it is easier and with practice anyone can pick it up.

    -That being said, how many “Aces” have you seen accrue a kill count of over 50 in a game of conquest? And I’m not talking about bombers, actual fighters. Which leads to my next point.

    -I have played over 3000 games of conquest. (Yes, I do have a life, lovely girlfriend and a job if you’re asking) And, oh my god, guess what? I actually do play as an infantry! Quite well actually. Shocking!!!! (Go check my stats if you don’t believe me) Out of all those games, I have had maybe less then 10 games where a pesky “ace” was destroying infantry. Hmmmm. What to do? (Next point)

    - Oh wait! I actually put in the time to use one of the vehicles included in Battlefield. Because it is a Battlefield game you know! Not COD, not fortnite. Battlefield. Can you guess which vehicle that is? Did I hear you say plane? Well, right you are. (Next point)

    -I take said plane. Deal with pesky “ACE” and I make sure he rage quits making it easier for my team to have a “fun” game. Awww. (Obviously, I’m doing it for me, not the team, because you know, those annoying pesky pilots! Ewwww!)

    -The whole point I’m trying to make here is that good pilots will adapt and they will spank you till next Tuesday even with a Fliegerfaust in your hands. (And yes, it is overpowered) Imagine you had a bloody rpg that could 1 shot a tank. It needs balancing!

    -I do not get why infi players get so mad about pilots having free rule or high kill counts or kill you more than twice. Guess what! We don’t if you practice and get good in a plane! Bombers are like flying elephants for crying out loud! Use a plane and spray and I promise you, it will eventually go down.

    -I’m not here to cause fights or salt between pilots and infi players. Don’t blame a good pilot when he’s good at what the game offers. You do the same, and practice and eventually you’ll be able to deal with us. The pilot community is a very competitive one for sure, but I am more than happy to give advice and train anyone who’s interested!

    Nothing but love to you guys. Please understand where the “whining” is coming from.

    DICE, always wants to give players the easy way rather than put an effort into mechanics. If they had buffed the AAs, trust me, we pilots would have welcomed it wholeheartedly and in this patch they did. No complaints.

    Phew. Kisses.

    Fighters being properly countered only by other fighters (if they got a good enough pilot) is bad balancing period.
    Agreed. 

  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

    Fighters being properly countered only by other fighters (if they got a good enough pilot) is bad balancing period. If has been a recurring issue at least since BF3
    In no other aspect of the game can one who is good enough deny the entire map to its enemy counterparts and then also start killing other types of enemies..Not everyone enjoys dogfighting even if they like to fly either. This is not just about pilots vs infantry but also for people who get denied the air and maybe get their next plane by Mr "why am I not playing Warthunder" killed almost after spawning
    The fliegerfaust is easy to use sure, but the things you can do with it are also reach a plateau very quick no matter how good one is with it
    QFT
    Post edited by snavelaer on
  • Hawxxeye
    6699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Mceedj11 said:
    Respectfully, I disagree. But it’s OK to like the easy way out. 
    Because of that statement I now cannot get this old scene and song of of my head.

    The Fighter is meant to be part of the combined arms balance imho, not an ascended and enlightened state that one needs to strive to reach through training and meditation to escape the Reincarnation cycle.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Trokey66
    8737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Mceedj11 wrote: »
    Respectfully, I disagree. But it’s OK to like the easy way out. 

    You only disagree because it has reduced your effectiveness and therefore, your fun. You don't care about overall balance and the 32 players on the other team.

    No other reason.
    Post edited by Trokey66 on
  • olavafar
    2116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To me this whle debate is primarily between plyers who main as pilots and those who play also as infantry a lot. I'm of the later sort. I fly when I get a plane but I do not only fly (though I rarely fly bombers unless I have a specific tank camper I want to take out and even then I mostly let myself get shot down after task accomplished as I find bombers slow and boring.).

    Peple maining in planes always have had the idea that they should basically be untouchable except by other pilots (little bit like tankers also somtimes are but in this BF edition those have left since long). I have sometimes also been in that corner especially when it comes to bombers. There I think it is valid to require a fighter to take it down. But fighters needs a proper counter too and it is not enough with bomber gunners as this would make bombers untouchable. So, counter needs to be on ground. It could be MAA, SAA or infantry AA (FF in this game). I think FF is the better option perhaps together with the MAA. SAA is bad as it will be either a death trap to be in it or it is located in a position (typically spawn) where you will basically just sit and wait.

    I do agree that the FF takes the fun out of dog fighting though (or to be honest it has removed dog fighting from the game as all one needs to do is fly low over friendly forces and the guy on your six is gone). I have no good idea how to solve that really except introduce air superiority mode where there is only dog fighting but it quickly gets kind of boring to play that.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yahia said:
    fragnstein wrote: »
    Dont like it?  spawn assault and kill him yourself, or git gud

    "Git gud" okay how about you look up my states then talk about "gitting gud" if that's your pathetic excuse. It will get nerfed and you know it because know it's too OP and it requires zero skill

    Yahia-X

    you are aware that bombing requires next to no skill as well. you even have a 3rd person sight that shows you exactly where you are aiming. and for the better part of an entire year you could do whatever you wanted in a plane and not get punished and now if you fly to low or in a straight line you get punished. i think that bombing now for the first time ever requires you to use more then one brain cell at a time. but that seems too much to ask nowadays :P
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, if you really think that the fighter should only be able to be countered by itself, than this is an opinion and I could kind of accept that sentiment if the assets in this game were somewhat a scarce resource, which they obviously are not since players can actually main tanks and planes, so that taken out a plane had an actual lasting effect on the team, or their input was decisive. However it isn't.
    Fighters kill single infantry that are spotted and are probably even revived. Their sole purpose is to act as a K/D booster and to frustrate ground players. If you shoot him down he will be back three minutes later. Bombers man a three-seater all by themselves at 100% efficiency (or more since gunners can not aim when someone else flies), and are crazily effective at taking out ground targets, so they should be downable by one person, and they will also reappear three minutes later.
    Now if planes would actually only spawn once per round, or needed a killstreak to unlock first, or points/tickets to purchase, or if a second dude was actually required to use it, then they should act as a force multiplier. Now vehicles should simply be seen as an asset that requires a different skillset to use than the infantry game, other than that a pilot is just another dude playing a game.
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    Dont like it?  spawn assault and kill him yourself, or git gud

    Its kind of funny you say that because that was always the pilots argument to the lack effective AA in the game. Just get in a plane and take it out yourself they would say. Now the same argument is being used against them.
    Better a double standard then no standard, I guess. Fact is, nothing changed for the planes, they have not received a nerf, they are just as effective than before. What did change is that ground has an actual counter now.
    Anyway, OP is wrong max damage on a plane is 90 and I guess they all have instant repair. So you have been shot by two guys, making it an effort of teamwork by defintion, which is incidentally also an argument of pilots. Just use three SAAs at once to down a plane!
  • Jarp75
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yahia said:
    It takes ZERO skill to use this thing, it's a fire and forget weapon, the amount of times I got one shot killed from full health with this thing is ridiculous, you just need to aim in the general direction of a plane and more likely than not, you'll at least damage it heavily. I'm not gonna complain about the AA buff, but that thing is just BS and it actually pisses me off. It's already hard to level up the new planes seeing as they have almost no fire power whatsoever when you start using them for the first time, I don't need something one shotting me out of the sky because some guy on the ground with no skill whatsoever decided he wanted to take me out. Getting a kill on me with a panzerfaust or a piat was a fair play and I didn't get mad because it takes skill to land that shot. But this thing is just too OP and annoying
    And you think it needs more skill for a bomber to just release tons of bombs on the heads of infanterists by just flying over some flags and press one button?
  • Hawxxeye
    6699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Come on finally the  ground has a deterrent for close attack runs.
    .
    Instead they could help the planes see better on the ground forces bellow.
    .
    A BFV where both the air to the ground and the ground to air are more dangerous to each other sounds a lot more fun.
Sign In or Register to comment.