Great Job on the new pacific maps. Absolutely spectacular.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They feel like regular maps but sunny to me. I mean it's good to see new content and the maps are fun but the change in setting didn't magically make the gameplay better.

I do hope this is an indication that they've finally abandoned the "unknown battles" approach and will continue with recreating famous and well known battles. That's one thing I feel Iwo Jima improves upon and what Wake Island will improve upon; putting you into a battle you've heard about and seen movies and played games about. It lets you play out the fantasy you have in your head surrounding those battles.
  • CaptHotah
    1125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With the Pacific content, the recent updates and fixes along with the recent (great!) news that the next title wont be until 2021 or 2020, it can only be upwards and onwards from now. My guess is that DICE finally told EA to back off and allow them to make games for games, not for sales.

If this is true, a note from a gamer and BF fan to EA - thank you. Allow DICE and BF developers to do their work properly and not under the stress we hear so much about.

Im pretty sure thats not what happened 😂
  • Bluemoon2393
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely a very big improvement.

Games are more longer and not stale anymore. Design is beautiful. And I love picking the up Katana as well which makes it fun to use.

For the models. I was hoping we could have Australian/British soldiers as well fighting alongside the Americans and possibly Americans fighting against the Germans as well.

There's plenty off Space to snipe and also to assault the objectives too. Also some close quarters as well for flamethrowers and Katanas.

I have a feeling after the Pacific warfare DLC. I have a feeling its going to be Eastern Front with the Germans vs Soviets. I think DICE have been clever to work on 1939 to 1945.

We know just need the Soviet Union and Italy as the new factions to complete the WW2 setting.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't like Iwo Jima breakthrough should just quit Battlefield forever.

This. Absolutely amazing and just Epic at every Level.
  • S1n31ra
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Huh??? More bugs than I can count. This is awful.
  • S1n31ra
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus christ  what a train wreck this is. Unbalanced like nothing I have ever seen.

• S1n31ra
    How on earth can people think this is good???
  • ProAssassin2003
    3710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    S1n31ra wrote: »
    Huh??? More bugs than I can count. This is awful.

I only noticed Stuttering in the 3 hours I played. No other bugs at all.
  • Nic727_1
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love the new maps! It finally feels like a true Battlefield game with dogfight, tanks, infantry, etc.
    Now I wish they could remake the default maps to look like this.
  • ProAssassin2003
    Nic727_1 wrote: »
    I love the new maps! It finally feels like a true Battlefield game with dogfight, tanks, infantry, etc.
    Now I wish they could remake the default maps to look like this.

Same. Heck I got killed just standing in Awe at what I was seeing. Feels like a different game. The other Maps just don't have the Secret Sauce. Lol
  • BtheReaper49
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah nice looking maps. Too bad the game is a twitchy, spazzy, instadeath, bug riddled mess. Put a nice silk scarf on a fat pig and well, it's still a fat pig
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It very nice. Especially Pacific. But I was hoping for armed ships. For sea battles. The new AA stuff also ruin air fights, but hopefully they nerf it.
  • BUUCKSHOT
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The maps are visually great. On Iwo Jima I was stuttering the entire time with a 40 ping and 120 fps. I find it funny running around as a Japanese soldier in the South Pacific shooting down planes with a fleigerfaust.
  • diagoro
    1583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Meh....it looks nice, and a bit different. But they minimized the new factions with limited voice effects (I don't recall much, if any call outs), and the game still has its core issues.

At least I had no problem getting a vehicle. But the decision to have only breakout available, while reducing tegular servers is lame. They had the time, should have been mixed cq and other modes, without playing regular rotation....on the 4 cq servers that came up.
  • jroggs
    1089 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bugs are dismaying. I've had a lot of visual stuttering, audio stuttering, and artifacting, and I also had a couple "undead" moments where I was just stuck dead but unable to respawn and had to quit out of the match entirely.

Iwo Jima sucks. It's probably reasonably representative of the real battlefield, but it is simply not fun to play. It's way too open and lacks interesting detail past the beach. (And I say that as someone who liked Galicia.) I dunno, maybe it's like Op Underground and I'll find a way to like it with more playtime, but my first impressions are poor.

Pacific Storm on the other hand is just wonderful. It's beautiful and plays very well. I need to give it more time as well, but it's a strong contender for the best map in the game.

One thing I do want to say: DICE, if you're going to give the American team four or five tanks, then my Japanese Assault needs more explosives.
  • ChickenTheTank
    814 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    Bugs are dismaying. I've had a lot of visual stuttering, audio stuttering, and artifacting, and I also had a couple "undead" moments where I was just stuck dead but unable to respawn and had to quit out of the match entirely.

Iwo Jima sucks. It's probably reasonably representative of the real battlefield, but it is simply not fun to play. It's way too open and lacks interesting detail past the beach. (And I say that as someone who liked Galicia.) I dunno, maybe it's like Op Underground and I'll find a way to like it with more playtime, but my first impressions are poor.

Pacific Storm on the other hand is just wonderful. It's beautiful and plays very well. I need to give it more time as well, but it's a strong contender for the best map in the game.

One thing I do want to say: DICE, if you're going to give the American team four or five tanks, then my Japanese Assault needs more explosives.

I think the balance to the tanks is the buildable cannons. I remember in 1942 keeping those cannons firing made the attacking teams job way harder, and it seems to be the same here from what I can tell. They double as AA too, and they do 45 damage a hit to the corsair.
  • SixTouge
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I agree, absolutely fantastic maps. First two times ever playing them tonight and it was some of the most fun games I've had in this BF to date!
  • Blackidus
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Love them, but I want conquest as well. When do we get that?
  • RayD_O1
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blackidus said:
    Love them, but I want conquest as well. When do we get that?
    You can play the new maps they are part of the normal conquest rotation. They appear after Al Sundan.

The trouble is you have to queue to get into them, they need their own rotation.