Master Discussion Thread For BF4 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• SpoolaZ
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If it is so that EA accounts have been hacked and sold to cheaters, then it is not Punkbusters fault that it did its job and these accounts were banned. You can see it, if you believe this person 24:20

• theSlacklife
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So I was banned by an auto-script on tbg server for language. That's fine, and I am OK with accepting this ban. What I am not okay with is the fact that this ban is now affecting every server that I try and join. How can admins have the right to issue a global ban just because they deemed certain language offensive on their personal servers!? I have never cheated in bf4 in my entire life. This global ban really seems to be unjust, and perfect example of how admins are in control of too much power on bf4. Now I am not certain that the ban is global, but what I am sure of is that I cannot play bf4 on any server without being kicked after a few seconds.
  • USMCss07
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I do not doubt that ALL of the #83013 and #81668 violations, effective on and after March of this year, could be due to stolen accounts that were used by hackers and subsequently banned by PB. My suspicions would indicate that this is the case, as ALL of the thousands of banned player accounts came immediately after there was some sort of code problem within Battlelog that was announced by EA on their forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlelog-Launching-Issue-Origin/td-p/7820850 I cannot find the Reddit post right now, however I remember seeing a posting there that corroborates what the "hacker" in that video above stated and that someone within EA had leaked that there was a vulnerability within their software that allowed for Origin accounts to be compromised...leading to the time when EA publicly stated that there was indeed a problem with their battlelog client communicating with Origin. They did not publicly extrapolate on the issues in that post on the EA forums, however it makes complete sense that this is how all of these bans have occurred. I believe it is high time for EA to come forward and admit there was a compromise of their software that has led to legit player accounts being banned. In addition: if they do not care to do anything about it, they will go the way of the dodo bird due to all information that has been posted on the internet about their inaction. A player/consumer would be insane to spend money with a company ever again, when that company will not make reparations for the failure of the security of their software. I have collected significant information regarding what I have believed to be the cause of these bans and have continued to state that it had something to do with a security breach within the EA owned software.
    Many of the banned players I have spoken with have stated the same thing when asking EA (via EA support) if there is evidence of their accounts being compromised: the answer has been "no" in every case. Will EA ever come clean, probably not. Why would they?
  • StarscreamUK
    7493 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    So I was banned by an auto-script on *** server for language. That's fine, and I am OK with accepting this ban. What I am not okay with is the fact that this ban is now affecting every server that I try and join. How can admins have the right to issue a global ban just because they deemed certain language offensive on their personal servers!? I have never cheated in bf4 in my entire life. This global ban really seems to be unjust, and perfect example of how admins are in control of too much power on bf4. Now I am not certain that the ban is global, but what I am sure of is that I cannot play bf4 on any server without being kicked after a few seconds.
    The admins cannot issue a global ban, only evenbalance can do that.
  • martyboy182
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    SpoolaZ said:
    If it is so that EA accounts have been hacked and sold to cheaters, then it is not Punkbusters fault that it did its job and these accounts were banned. You can see it, if you believe this person 24:20
    When I was banned, I was told by one of the anti-cheat streaming services admins that my account have connected to some servers from Russia some time ago. I've definitely never been to Russia. I've contacted the EA support about it and the representative said that "a special security agent double checked your account and doubly confirmed your account was not compromised". So I waved it off as a fluke but now with this new info....I should probably look into that again.
  • StarscreamUK
    7493 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The servers were in Russia. Not you.
  • martyboy182
    That's not how I understood that --> https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/171909/kicked-by-punkbuster-multihack-74004/p3

(sorry can't figure out how to directly link to the post, scroll down a bit)
  • tuolumnejim
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personally believe its windows 7 related.

The violations and bans the players are getting have NOTHING to do with Windows 7.
    The bans and violations are all to do with cheating, We don't ban on player stats, but we do ban when we detect players using anything which gives them an unfair advantage over other players.

Players may feel that their ban is unfair, but did any of the players think that it was unfair to be using cheats on clean players. Does not matter if a player was using reduced spread, recoil or ESP or Chams. If we detect the cheat, then a ban / kick  will be incoming at some point.
    Then please explain why I was banned since I'VE NEVER CHEATED IN MY LIFE? Believe it or not I really could not give a flying crap.
  • StarscreamUK
    That's not how I understood that --> https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/171909/kicked-by-punkbuster-multihack-74004/p3

(sorry can't figure out how to directly link to the post, scroll down a bit)

I'm not a server admin so I'm not privvy to that information. Geolocation says you were in Russia according to that for 2 matches. Playing devil's advocate, vpn can do that, and if I were trying to discredit a system I would do that to cast doubt. TO BE Clear I am not saying you did, or that you are a cheater. Just pointing that out. From day one I have thought this was a windows 7(8 too as it's so similar codewise) issue (although due to the position I am forced to take I couldn't clearly say that.) and I still do.
  • martyboy182
    edited November 2019
    StarscreamUK said:
    I'm not a server admin so I'm not privvy to that information. Geolocation says you were in Russia according to that for 2 matches. Playing devil's advocate, vpn can do that
    What could I possibly gain from VPNing through Russia?

if I were trying to discredit a system I would do that to cast doubt.

I'm not sure I follow...you mean I'd do it on purpose so that PB bans me and then I'd complain on online forums about being banned? Lol. Just...no. If you look at the history of my violation (74004), there was also a rather large ban wave at that time for the same violation, so what you're implying would mean that hundreds of players were in on it.

• Nicb12_BK_
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just found this forum and am compelled to contribute.

I'm 50 years old and have been OLG'ing since Quake and DukeNukem3D  (TEN, HEAT.net,  Mplayer, Gamespy).
    I have zero interest in hacks or exploits or whatever. Wouldn't even know how.
    If been playing the BF series online since BF2 was released.
    I have 2850 hours of BF4.
    Suddenly last month, all BF4 servers are PB kicking after 30 seconds.
    I suspect its the same issue this body of vocal gamers is upset about.
    I have Windows7 as well.

BTW, to the gentlemen that got kicked from TGB clan servers for "language", me too but get this....
    Ive been playing on their servers for 5 years. more than half my 2850 hrs of play time.
    I have NEVER said an ugly word or insult to anyone.
    Because I use "old school" expressions.... I frequently use "n1" for "nice one" and "gg" for "good game"
    One time a match ended and I said "n1   gg"   without the spaces.
    I was banned. whatever, its not my server.

But what is happening now is very suspect.
    Thanks for reading
  • Koczownik39
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GUID ban ca324625  I keep trying back every few months or so hoping one day this will all get cleared up.  I tried the punkbuster appeal more than a year ago and they just gave a 'we don't remove bans' generic response.

Can I at least get more information about what the ban is supposedly for and the geolocation/time/date associated with the ban?

I am windows 7 as well, and when I originally discovered I had been banned there are a bunch of chatter of sweeping, unsubstantiated bans.

• xXx_2cool4u_xXx
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2019
    Another miracle. All of my 3 MOHW accounts that have been banned "fair" and were "all to do with cheating" as @PBSTAFFNICK said are most likely unbanned again as I'm able to enter PB streaming server again. I saw one of my "fairly" banned friend battlefeed today with the ribbons he earned during the game so it was obvious he was able to enter and play. I've decided to give it a try and guess what, no PB kicks from PB-streaming servers...again. Last time it my joy was very short as I got banned again. Wonder how it will end now. Unfortunately I cannot post mohwstats battlereports links as p-stats.com site was shutdown but I've recorded every successful attempt to enter and play on PB-streaming servers. @PBSTAFFNICK - any comments?
  • MASKthefirst
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi All,
    I'm suffering about this unfair ban and following this discussion more than two months. As far as i understand we all say "we are not cheating" but nobody care us (EA and/or EB) so its time became together do something. What is your opinion about that?
  • Winter2395
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi All,
    I'm suffering about this unfair ban and following this discussion more than two months. As far as i understand we all say "we are not cheating" but nobody care us (EA and/or EB) so its time became together do something. What is your opinion about that?
    Well, i don't think you/we can do much about that unfair bans, brother. As mentioned in previous posts, writing them tickets is a waste of time, as you only get auto responses from bots with text templates. Even some medium to big Battlefield-Youtubers got banned unfairly from punkbuster as i saw after some research in Youtube. In every case EA and EB stayed quiet. So if you have been once banned by this crap software, the ban never gets lifted. They make no difference if you are a clean player or a cheater. Ban is ban. For them, everyone is a cheater and they state that their software is 100 % error free. There is no human control and i think they themselves do not even know what triggered the false positives. 

And as it seems, EA is giving a damn about it, as no one gives a statement in this forum. So for the exception that you are an US-citizen , rich and can afford some top class lawyers, you could at least sue them.

I for myself decided that i take distance from EA and Games with punkbuster integrated. Already uninstalled Battlefield 3 and 4 and completly removed punkbuster from my system, as i dont want this spyware on my pc. You don't have to "suffer" cause of a Battlefield ban. Just move on and start playing some other games from uplay, steam, etc.
    You don't need EA and their useless customer support.
    Post edited by Winter2395 on
  • SiberianFrontier
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hey guys. I was banned globally by PB months ago. Sent another ticket with info that i have been banned globally, not a cheat ban. I checked BFDB website and other sites if im banned. It says i have no ban, only PBBans says i have global ban.

How can i increase my chance to appeal my ban? Anyone succeeded to appeal a global ban just like me?
    Be warned: I was using CpuCores. It caused the violation i think. Don't use that program. 
  • MASKthefirst
    I've received an email from origin today, it says "You've redeemed an Origin Access Membership Code"
    does it make any sense?
  • Winter2395
    I've received an email from origin today, it says "You've redeemed an Origin Access Membership Code"
    does it make any sense?
    This is just some advertisement from EA. You received 1 month free test period for Origin Access.
  • Winter2395
    Hey guys. I was banned globally by PB months ago. Sent another ticket with info that i have been banned globally, not a cheat ban. I checked BFDB website and other sites if im banned. It says i have no ban, only PBBans says i have global ban.

How can i increase my chance to appeal my ban? Anyone succeeded to appeal a global ban just like me?
    Be warned: I was using CpuCores. It caused the violation i think. Don't use that program. 
    If you get a global punkbuster ban, of course you are not banned in BFDB and other sites, as these have nothing to do with each other and are third party. Did you receive also the same message from EB starting with "The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software.... bla bla bla " like anyone else ? 

And which OS did you use ? Windows 7 ? If yes, i don't think it was your CpuCores program. And you can't  increase your chance to get your ban lifted. It doesn't actually matter what you write in the ticket, as they give a damn about it, like with everyone else in this forum. You could even send them a blank message and it wouldn't make any difference.
  • MASKthefirst
    does it make any sense?
    This is just some advertisement from EA. You received 1 month free test period for Origin Access.
    So EA just kidding. loool