Has it gotten better?

blamege
44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm a big fan of Battlefield. But when this game came out, I felt like it seriously missed the mark and I traded it in. 

Have updates made it any better? It's getting cold in the Northeast, and I'm settling in for the winter. Ready to play some games. After buying the most recent COD, I'm tempted to get BFV again. The new COD is the worst FPS I've ever played. No exaggeration.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's better but it will depend on what made you stop playing in the first place, really.
  • blamege
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's bette about it? My biggest issue was the instadeaths. I wouldn't even have time to react before I was on the ground and dead. Basically I felt like I was playing 2 seconds behind everyone else.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    blamege wrote: »
    What's bette about it? My biggest issue was the instadeaths. I wouldn't even have time to react before I was on the ground and dead. Basically I felt like I was playing 2 seconds behind everyone else.

Are you saying this is now fixed and you feel this has improved?
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    depends
    net-code
    TTK/TTD
    performance
    balance are all still an absolute joke :smile:
  • trip1ex
    5299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same game.   a little more polish after a year of patches.  most of the same annoyances though. 

latest maps are more interesting than anything at launch. 
  • DirtyDog1974
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    New maps are pretty, but same old gameplay as before, poor visibility and same insta-death ttd.
  • Noodlesocks
    3740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    blamege said:
    Then no, that is ever present in the game.
  • blamege
    blamege wrote: »

Are you saying this is now fixed and you feel this has improved?
    I was asking, not saying. Was curious if the instadeaths had been addressed.
  • blamege
    depends
    net-code
    TTK/TTD
    performance
    So what you're saying is... if I was annoyed/frustrated with the game before, I'm still going to be annoyed/frustrated? 
  • IDazzlerazzle
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    blamege said:
    depends
    net-code
    TTK/TTD
    performance
    So what you're saying is... if I was annoyed/frustrated with the game before, I'm still going to be annoyed/frustrated? 
    Yes, If you're on PS4 game runs like poop especially on pro
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    New maps are pretty, but same old gameplay as before, poor visibility and same insta-death ttd.

That's all I needed to know to stay away still, I'm sure vehicles suck just as much still.
  • CSO7777
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played some breakthrough on Iwo Jima yesterday and must say that it was the most fun I've had in BFV in a long time. If you get in a balanced game, then the map is really epic and one of the very best maps in BFV (perhaps in the BF-series). It's really "combined warfare", with tanks, planes, arty cannons, infantry etc. The map plays a lot like BF4 (with BFVs weapons and classes).

The other map is also good (on breakthrough), but is different, with a lot of smaller island with lots vegetation and visibility is a worse than on Iwo Jima. Conquest could be chaotic on that map.

The TTD problem is still in BFV and is one of the most annoying things about the game.

But the new maps are really good and worth trying anyway.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V is actually free to play on all platforms this weekend. Why not just try it out and see for yourself if you like it any better?
  • blamege
    Battlefield V is actually free to play on all platforms this weekend. Why not just try it out and see for yourself if you like it any better?
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a second go.
  • blamege
    blamege said:
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a second go.
    Traded in my BFV last year. Gonna go pick it up at GameStop. Can't be any worse than the most recent COD release.