Dice - Do you hate pilots?

Oidmetala
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Or what is the reason you give so much cheese to ground troops to completely destroy planes in seconds?

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You played BF before I assume? That should answer your question thoroughly.
  • Noodlesocks
    3266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even with a bunch of using AA as infantry and the AA guns, the pilots were still going 40-10 or something. I mean I don't think the fliegerfaust should be better than AA guns or tanks but I haven't seen planes perform much poorer than before either.
  • xHonest_Abe
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oidmetala said:
    Or what is the reason you give so much cheese to ground troops to completely destroy planes in seconds?

Yum Cheese notchos :D .....The enemy aircraft was still killing me at Pacific Storm. Don't hang around at low altitudes too long, there is a range limit on the new weapon. I have not seen a 40+/0 pilot lately :'( , you might have better luck back on earth. Oh yea, don't expect a lot of points using the new ground weapon.
  • NLBartmaN
    3945 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What really surprised me: the Japan "bomber fighter" is so much better than the American one ...
  • RamFrog
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Even with a bunch of using AA as infantry and the AA guns, the pilots were still going 40-10 or something. I mean I don't think the fliegerfaust should be better than AA guns or tanks but I haven't seen planes perform much poorer than before either.
    I play quite a bit as a pilot and I think that the Fliegerfaust and buff to regular AAA is a welcome addition. I can still get kills as a pilot but if I'm reckless, I'll get shot down. Those things combined make the game more challenging and interesting.

It also changes the air game somewhat. Especially in Pacific maps (on those maps the plane supply points only work on your own side of map), there is finally friendly and hostile sides of the map. Push too deep to enemy side and Fliegerfausts, anti air guns and enemy fighters will get you.

When playing as infantry the Fliegerfaust feels ridicilously powerful and easy to use, you can get plenty of kills with it. Surprisingly few players actually seem to use it. I've been shot down a few times and taken many hits, but still, surprisingly few. 
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RamFrog said:
    When playing infantry the Fliegerfaust feels ridicilously powerful, but surprisingly few players actually seem to use it. I've been shot down a few times and taken many hits, but still, surprisingly few.
    It was in my experience only hugely common only on day one. Within a week, I have seen the use of it drop significantly, so much so that I had a game going 58-2 (my only deaths being me crashing) on Pacific Storm in the A6M2, and I never got shot by one. I only ever saw one used by the enemy once, and though I backed off for a bit thinking I might now actually see myself being targeted by one, found that thought to be wrong and continued to roam free.

• MBT_Layzan
    1980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, I'm seeing decent pilots still do well, and I see them take much more precautions up there. 
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Oidmetala wrote: »

Hello there brother.
    Hey...welcome to the world of Tankers!
    Infantry play is the only thing that matters so griping otherwise is a waste of breath. And you’re asking for trouble in these forums when you speak out against them.
    So get used to being destroyed in seconds by a one man infantry army because Tankers had to.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now the pilots have a turn to feel what tankers have been experiencing since the game released 😂
    Totally! I still get planes attacking me left and right, but I see my infantry firing back, and our planes helping too. Just feels way more better overall. 
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BUUCKSHOT said:
    With the roll out of the Fliegerfaust planes are irrelevant. Now it's time to pay back the last year of getting carpet bombed.
    Jokes on you... you'll just get carpet bombed from a much higher altitude. Alls this does is make fighters irrelevant. Bombers are still going strong on PC they just climbed....fighters? yeah we're dead. You know the least annoying of the two? lol
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oidmetala said:

Honestly, I am just picturing the DICE staff throwing cheese at model planes right now from the era... 
  • The_BERG_366
    2496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

does some pilot going 40-10 somehow mean that planes need to get nerfed? or does some. infy going 40-10 mean the weapon they are using is op? I find this argument a little weird tbh.

I don't have anything against the concept of a handheld rocket launcher that gives the infy the chance to defend themselves from airplanes. however one that often does over 90 damage in an instant and you don't even have to hit very well is just too much. I mean the stationary AAs are considerably less effective (less dangerous for a pilot), which just doesn't make any sense. the problem is that you often can't anticipate them. it's already hard to spot infy on the ground when you are trying to kill them while in a plane, so theres no way you can just see a random guy somewhere chilling with a fliegerfaust.
  • The_BERG_366
    2496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    What really surprised me: the Japan "bomber fighter" is so much better than the American one ...

I think they are both pretty much the same. they have almost identical upgrade trees and handle about the same as well. the zero has the advantage of having his main cannon centered rather than on the wings but other than that I don't see why the zero should be "so much better" than the corsair.
  • DaManiac72
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Boo hoo...

And again, another comment from a former "pilot" that thought he was good because he could farm kills using no skills what so ever. Now he suddenly dies every now and then and he can't live with it. You wanna farm more inf? Then learn to play the game and adapt instead of crying here every minute. I am so sick of all players that want this game to be easy mode!

The FF is perfectly balanced in the game and only mediocre players that pops in every now and then to play a round or two cries because they can' face the fact that their k/d is not going to impress anyone anymore, which it never did in the first place, are suddenly killed once in a while. That even goes for more frequent casual players that think thought they were skilled since farming used to be so damn easy.

You have a respawn timer around 3 minutes before you can start farming again, should you die from your own mistakes. Just stop your cry-baby stuff already and let us talk about things that actually matters regarding BFV in this forum!

You all crying casual/beginner/mediocre pilots just have to realize that easy mode is over .I hope that this gun stays just as it is until the game is closed down forever.

If you can't counter it, then stop crying at the forums and learn to play instead!
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    So satifiying to see all of those pilot mains tears.

Because you can't pilot yourself?
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019

Boo hoo...

And again, another comment from a former "pilot" that thought he was good because he could farm kills using no skills what so ever. Now he suddenly dies every now and then and he can't live with it. You wanna farm more inf? Then learn to play the game and adapt instead of crying here every minute. I am so sick of all players that want this game to be easy mode!

But the fliege is super easy mode. So you contradict yourself.