Fliegerfaust Overpowered - DICE get your balancing straight!

Comments

• Sapelogue
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    FF performance heavily depends on map. For once the coverless wastelands that we have so many of in this game work in infantry's favour. On Arras or Twisted Steel your vision will often be obscured by trees, structures or elevation.
    Map flow is also important. On Al-Sundan, everybody hangs out between C and D, which are also higher ground and have nothing impeding their view, so a FF will have 360° coverage. Twisted Steel on the other hand, which is a map that is equally played at most flags, you will have trouble getting two AA assets together so they can down a plane. Cover, range, sightlines and size are the hindrances here.
    On Fjell this of course does not really matter, as the map is small and there is no incentive to run anything else than the FF.
    FF can OS a fighter if the 9 rockets hit (and that's really not hard to do)
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sapelogue said:
    VincentNZ said:
    FF performance heavily depends on map. For once the coverless wastelands that we have so many of in this game work in infantry's favour. On Arras or Twisted Steel your vision will often be obscured by trees, structures or elevation.
    Map flow is also important. On Al-Sundan, everybody hangs out between C and D, which are also higher ground and have nothing impeding their view, so a FF will have 360° coverage. Twisted Steel on the other hand, which is a map that is equally played at most flags, you will have trouble getting two AA assets together so they can down a plane. Cover, range, sightlines and size are the hindrances here.
    On Fjell this of course does not really matter, as the map is small and there is no incentive to run anything else than the FF.
    No, it can not. It fires 9 rockets, rockets do 10 damage, meaning it will deal 90 damage max. The rockets have a pretty wide maximum blast radius, hence you will not see a whole lot of rockets doing less damage.
  • talhaONE
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)

There's no "we" man. Any player can tell it's OP. Adapting to "this" is just taking 0 risk and staying over your spawn. Maybe you don't care about bein useless, I do.

Any player can tell it op? Lol only ones who say FF op are pilot mains. Stop whining and git gud.
  • Hawxxeye
    7573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Sapelogue said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Sapelogue said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    The planes can afford to die to some fliegerfausts imho, it does not have to be perfect zero death rounds.
    Instead of complaining about the FF, you should focus your energy to making DICE overhaul the old planes to become just as interesting as the new ones

New planes aren't more interesting than old ones, they fly slower and are heavier, you still can't out turn a plane with surface control upgrade.
    You mean that the surface control upgrade does not do what it is supposed to do?

Since late march update, surface control makes you turn faster at a critical speed. Before, it only gave more energy (so you could do more different manoeuvres).
    So this makes the surface control one of those one way choices I guess.
    PS: Guys I am trying to let DICE know about a couple of plane related bugs/issues that had been apparently ignored for almost a year, please if possible share your input https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/195971/two-plane-bugs-that-had-been-there-since-around-launch-back-at-2018-notice-them-already#latest

• THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Fighter plane can get OS with fliegerfaust ( even with the perk that reduce explosive damage ), I'm OK infantry was frustrated with bomber but this noobtool is just easy kill against fighter and it need a nerf against them
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fighter plane can get OS with fliegerfaust ( even with the perk that reduce explosive damage ), I'm OK infantry was frustrated with bomber but this noobtool is just easy kill against fighter and it need a nerf against them
    Again, it can not. The max damage is 90 and fighter health is 100+X if you are fast enough for instant repair. There are 9 rockets. You mostly see damage numbers that are 10 times X, for any rocket that hits with maximum damage. I've seen 10, 20, 60 and 90 with. Now, if you are aware of another number that you will allow calculations like that, let me know.
    Also, as I've seen that claim before, the maximum range of the FF is 300m, the velocity is 200m/s. It also has severe spread according to symthic.
  • Sapelogue
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

There's no "we" man. Any player can tell it's OP. Adapting to "this" is just taking 0 risk and staying over your spawn. Maybe you don't care about bein useless, I do.

Any player can tell it op? Lol only ones who say FF op are pilot mains. Stop whining and git gud.
    You have 260 SPM bro. 260.
  • Sapelogue
    VincentNZ said:
    Sapelogue said:
    VincentNZ said:
    No, it can not. It fires 9 rockets, rockets do 10 damage, meaning it will deal 90 damage max. The rockets have a pretty wide maximum blast radius, hence you will not see a whole lot of rockets doing less damage.
    You look at symthic, I play the game. That's the difference between us. You have 0s as pilot but sure you can tell. Guess I have to record, you should think about your next excuse.
  • TFBisquit
    2282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pilots are still op. I wonder why nobody cries about that. The bombing runs are guaranteed succes for them on the pacific maps.
    The FF either had a ninja nerf, or it's less powerfull now that fewer are actually using it.
    As for those batle reports, while the poster in question may have exaggerated, it's true that not many kills are made with the FF in a round.
    It's the combination of AA and friendly pilots that make it harder for all pilots.
    Still see them go 40:5, which apparently isn't enough by some people in this thread.
  • VincentNZ
    Sapelogue said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Sapelogue said:
    VincentNZ said:
    You look at symthic, I play the game. That's the difference between us. You have 0s as pilot but sure you can tell. Guess I have to record, you should think about your next excuse.
    You are simply full of crap, mate. So why not refrain form posting stuff that is provably wrong? You do not even have to look at the files. It has 9 rockets so the max damage dealt must be dividable by 9. Hits regularly deal 90 damage, 60 damage whatever. That simply means that the max damage is 10.
    Now yes, I do not fly. I however have kills with the FF, 60 or so. By your corrupted logic this means that my knowledge of the weapon trumps your usage of the FF which is 0s. So you have a valid opinion, that is that you do not want the FF in this current form. However spreading stuff that is simply wrong shows you full of it you are.
    So yes record your funny videos where your fighter gets instagibbed, and I will tell you that this has nothing to do with the FF, since you will receive damage from multiple sources.
  • Sapelogue
    edited November 2019
    TFBisquit said:
    Pilots are still op. I wonder why nobody cries about that. The bombing runs are guaranteed succes for them on the pacific maps.
    The FF either had a ninja nerf, or it's less powerfull now that fewer are actually using it.
    As for those batle reports, while the poster in question may have exaggerated, it's true that not many kills are made with the FF in a round.
    It's the combination of AA and friendly pilots that make it harder for all pilots.
    Still see them go 40:5, which apparently isn't enough by some people in this thread.
    Yup planes are OP and Pacific ones are more powerful and easier than ever, but it's not the reason to support a brocken weapon. It's not dyin the problem, it's dyin in 1 frame by someone who aimed aproximately towards you.
    "combination" of a plane flyin over his FF team coz he's scared of dogfighting, great teamplay and great skill reward
  • talhaONE
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    What does my spm has to do with FF?
  • BeastofBourbon84
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well if you can get more then one strafe before you're fliegerfisted the new attackplanes are actually pretty cool but you have to dive to use the 4x canons and bombs so yeah...
  • Sapelogue
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)
    What does my spm has to do with FF?
    "git gud"
  • DingoKillr
    4305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sapelogue said:
    TFBisquit said:
    Yup planes are OP and Pacific ones are more powerful and easier than ever, but it's not the reason to support a brocken weapon. It's not dyin the problem, it's dyin in 1 frame by someone who aimed aproximately towards you.
    "combination" of a plane flyin over his FF team coz he's scared of dogfighting, great teamplay and great skill reward
    This "it's dyin in 1 frame by someone who aimed aproximately towards you." happens to everyone and what a pity planes don't need to as accurate as you want the FF to be.
    There even threads by pilots complaining that plane weapons are weak and need more splash, and here you are whinging that Infantry are doing the same to you, what gall.

BF is a game of teams. If dog fights are won by who gets on the tail it makes sense for team mates to destroy that tail. So yes it is great team play. 
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All OP stuff will be nerfed sooner or later as always. Us pilots shouldn't have wasted time here trying to argue with infantries. Come in the Pacific and enjoy the farm while it lasts. Farming infantries has never been so easy in BFV. I already had a 700+ kills 1 death playing new maps the past two days and I have 0 death to the fliegerfaust so far since it's introduced. :) Fliegerfaust only counters careless pilots.
  • Hawxxeye
    7573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

. It's not dyin the problem, it's dyin in 1 frame by someone who aimed aproximately towards you."

Kinda like bombs from a plane
    Yep

• THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Again, it can not. The max damage is 90 and fighter health is 100+X if you are fast enough for instant repair. There are 9 rockets. You mostly see damage numbers that are 10 times X, for any rocket that hits with maximum damage. I've seen 10, 20, 60 and 90 with. Now, if you are aware of another number that you will allow calculations like that, let me know.
    Also, as I've seen that claim before, the maximum range of the FF is 300m, the velocity is 200m/s. It also has severe spread according to symthic.

Bruh explain this:  (start at 1:41)
  • UNFMoose
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fliegerfaust can definitely kill one shot if its a straight on hit. Happened to me several time last night and today.