What's with people using ridiculous cosmetics in the Pacific DLC?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    (Quote)
    Mind you that I have every single elite purchased. Still I feel absolutely disgusted to use them on pacific maps.
    Dice could have just released American and Japaneese ones right with the maps so people didn't have to play as German on Iwo Jima. But Dice is rather lazy or doesn't want to gain money.

Disgusted? Come on, mate.
    Seriously. I'm all for customization and stuff but this specific case makes me upset and doesn't feel right.
    I'd gladly purchase Pacific related elites or nice cosmetics but such decision makes 0 sense to me at least.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because Dice allowed that for no damn reason.
     Or because it adds more value to the item by granting it no restrictions in use. Not that hard to figure out.
    Mind you that I have every single elite purchased. Still I feel absolutely disgusted to use them on pacific maps.
    Dice could have just released American and Japaneese ones right with the maps so people didn't have to play as German on Iwo Jima. But Dice is rather lazy or doesn't want to gain money.
      The whole reason for allowing axis and allies elites in any theatre setting is to make money, and I doubt they won't have elites for American and Japanese factions either. Doesn't make sense to deter people from purchasing an elite skin for a faction by them counting how many maps they can use it on, then counting how many maps that they actually like that they can use it on. Allowing no restrictions puts DICE in a position to make money on US/Japan faction elites without having to worry about the number of maps to accommodate them specifically.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Outfits cant be that bad.  There been plenty of silly outfits on other games like Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 with crazy colors.  Or GTA5 have tons of wild outfits.  People like to look different from the rest.  Set our selves apart from the masses.  I haven't even step foot on the islands in this chapter yet. I been down for the count with the flu.  I'm feeling better today. I might be ready to rock n roll.  Probably long over due for a beer run to town as well.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     Or because it adds more value to the item by granting it no restrictions in use. Not that hard to figure out.
      The whole reason for allowing axis and allies elites in any theatre setting is to make money, and I doubt they won't have elites for American and Japanese factions either. Doesn't make sense to deter people from purchasing an elite skin for a faction by them counting how many maps they can use it on, then counting how many maps that they actually like that they can use it on. Allowing no restrictions puts DICE in a position to make money on US/Japan faction elites without having to worry about the number of maps to accommodate them specifically.
    Not the rigth way of thinking. Release at least 4 packs of Elites for each theater so people can have unique loadouts for each class. That'd make enough money.
    Instead Dice chose the weird and twisted way of doing that. I highly doubt it takes lots of time and effort to make model and record voice lines per elite.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not the rigth way of thinking. Release at least 4 packs of Elites for each theater so people can have unique loadouts for each class. That'd make enough money.
    Instead Dice chose the weird and twisted way of doing that. I highly doubt it takes lots of time and effort to make model and record voice lines per elite.
    It's not about the number of elites. It's about the number of maps a person would want to use them on. If a person doesn't like any of the pacific maps, they won't buy a pacific elite because it wouldn't have any value. Decouple the theatre setting from the elite, and a person would not have to worry about playing a theatre of war they don't like to use a skin they do like. It is most definitely the right way of thinking if DICE is trying to maximize profits from elite skins when introducing new factions and maps to the game.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Seriously. I'm all for customization and stuff but this specific case makes me upset and doesn't feel right.
    I'd gladly purchase Pacific related elites or nice cosmetics but such decision makes 0 sense to me at least.

It makes perfect sense, tbo.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is off putting trying to remember who's side they are on because they look so out of place.

I see people say this all the time and I don’t get it. Does your edition of the game not have blue dots over all of your teammates or something?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is off putting trying to remember who's side they are on because they look so out of place.

I see people say this all the time and I don’t get it. Does your edition of the game not have blue dots over all of your teammates or something?
    Also friendly fire is off.  So no team killing.  At least until RSP in December.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've honestly seen very little of this.
  • Toxic_CA
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah, its a game. Do you know what setting is of this game?

I know it’s a game and not a documentary or simulator.

It is a game that chose to be set during World War 2, so let us have that setting. It doesn't make sense to choose a setting and then go on and do something else. Choosing a setting comes with certain restrictions. You can't just add exactly what you want. Out of place cosmetics or elites where they don't belong, for instance.

Soooooo if this was a fictional war like battlefield 3/4, people running around with HALLOWEEN cosmetics would be fine because...?
  • SugarmanTreacle
    45 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    Soooooo if this was a fictional war like battlefield 3/4, people running around with HALLOWEEN cosmetics would be fine because...?

If this was a fictional war you would have all the freedom in the world to have Halloween cosmetics, since you wouldn't have anything to relate to. Or any restrictions. No one could really say that those cosmetics doesn't belong there, since the war itself is made up.
  • Broliszibaila
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    (Quote)
    Yeah, its a game. Do you know what setting is of this game?

I know it’s a game and not a documentary or simulator.

So, what is the setting of the game?
  • Toxic_CA
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If this was a fictional war you would have all the freedom in the world to have Halloween cosmetics, since you wouldn't have anything to relate to. Or any restrictions. No one could really say that those cosmetics doesn't belong there, since the war itself is made up.

Oh so running around in a warzone is fine as along as it's made up. Gotcha.

God forbid people just have fun.
  • SugarmanTreacle
    [Oh so running around in a warzone is fine as along as it's made up. Gotcha.

In a made up war, why not? You tell me.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    [Oh so running around in a warzone is fine as along as it's made up. Gotcha.

In a made up war, why not? You tell me.

Why do the British win battles that Historically speaking, the Germans did.

How do the Japanese repel the Americans on Iwo Jima, historically speaking of course.
  • SugarmanTreacle
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Why do the British win battles that Historically speaking, the Germans did.

How do the Japanese repel the Americans on Iwo Jima, historically speaking of course.

We are discussing the WW2 setting, authentic cosmetics and not the actual gameplay. I have nothing to complain about when it comes to that.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    One basic reason players buy skins and other items for use in-game is to show-off. That's also why the items start looking 'ridiculous'. It's basically what players want. Ridiculous items sell.

The problem that players seem to be having sometimes, is not so much whether the skin is "historically accurate" but whether it's plausible.

Plausibility should be a consideration in the design of this stuff. That would allow the items to be as showy as the designers wanted but also ensure the items would still fit into the setting without being irritatingly out-of-place..
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    So, what is the setting of the game?

Is it a documentary or milsim?