Has anyone figured out that glider bomb?

Hawxxeye
7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
To me it seems really inconsistent when it comes to their trajectory.
Has anyone been successful with them?

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a call in?  I haven't played chapter 5 yet.  I'll be on in a hour probably. First day back in action after getting done with the flu.  Just finished lunch.  Be ready for a beer soon.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    It's a call in?  I haven't played chapter 5 yet.  I'll be on in a hour probably. First day back in action after getting done with the flu.  Just finished lunch.  Be ready for a beer soon.
    No, it's one of the available specs for the F4U-1C Corsair.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    No, it's one of the available specs for the F4U-1C Corsair.
    Ewwww.  Fly boys toys. Pewwweeeee.
  • CT1924
    1272 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How did you unlock it already?!
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    Is levelling a plane up to atleast 4 Really that hard?

The Pacific came out on Thursday and I've already got all but the F4U-1C Up to Level 6.
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    CT1924 said:
    Dogfighting up to level 2 then taking the HE 20mm gun to farm infantry for XP.
    Now I got  both the Zeros level 6, the bomber Coshair level 6 and the fighter corshair level 3.
    I am focusing only on flying this week until all the planes are maxed cause I know it will be HELL to level planes once the enemies start having max level planes with improved surface controls.
    I am also trying to finish the leveling before DICE maybe nerfs the HE cannons
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oh i tried, vertically it kinda works and when releasing it, you can only then turn when its fully released, if you turn too soon, it will be derailed. Also its pretty big explosion but feels like small mine. I tried like 30-40 drops and umm about 10 were successful.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:

The Pacific came out on Thursday and I've already got all but the F4U-1C Up to Level 6.

Some of us are bad at flying. It's why I personally I stick to ground vehicles, and now occasionally go out boating in the amphibious tanks ;)
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    M_Rat13 said:
    CT1924 said:

Some of us are bad at flying. It's why I personally I stick to ground vehicles, and now occasionally go out boating in the amphibious tanks ;)
    I'm terrible too mind you. xD
  • RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It took many attempts, watching where the bomb goes after the release, to learn to hit even near the intended spot. Most consistent I got was when I kept the plane absolutely straight ( roll and yaw ) and released quite far away. It tends to overshoot when released early, so I aimed it short.

Anyway, the damage it does is poor, so I don't think I'll bother with it again. Rockets are just more useful, even though they are pretty unipressive too.

• wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    HE + Spot flares + inci bombs for leveling if possible.

Seems to work like a slow missile just be sure not to have plane tilted and flying straight at your target when dropping em.
  • Hawxxeye
    M_Rat13 said:
    CT1924 said:

You are missing some pretty satisfying experiences though. Here are the incendiary bombs.

• M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    CT1924 said:

You are missing some pretty satisfying experiences though. Here are the incendiary bombs.

I think I'll get by, with me and my howitzer tank ;)
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RamFrog wrote: »
    It took many attempts, watching where the bomb goes after the release, to learn to hit even near the intended spot. Most consistent I got was when I kept the plane absolutely straight ( roll and yaw ) and released quite far away. It tends to overshoot when released early, so I aimed it short.

Anyway, the damage it does is poor, so I don't think I'll bother with it again. Rockets are just more useful, even though they are pretty unipressive too.

Two days ago I was dropping spot markers for a squad mate who had the glider bomb. He was getting 80+ damage on vehicles with one hit (many OHK's on tanks too, but they might have been damaged already), and getting 3-6 infantry kills per bomb also.

It was Iwo Jima on the sector where B is called The Last Stop, and we were the Americans.
  • ThatShiro
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well you need to keep the plane still or the Bomb derails
    The look of the bomb = Awesome, almost like a small nuke
    Damage = Like throwing a grenade at a tank
  • RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Two days ago I was dropping spot markers for a squad mate who had the glider bomb. He was getting 80+ damage on vehicles with one hit (many OHK's on tanks too, but they might have been damaged already), and getting 3-6 infantry kills per bomb also.

It was Iwo Jima on the sector where B is called The Last Stop, and we were the Americans.
    Okay, maybe I'll try it again some day. Double kill was best I could manage with it, mostly it did just enemy hits, so I wasn't impressed with it. Probably still better than the Schrägemusic cannons on Zero.
  • ChickenTheTank
    (Quote)
    Okay, maybe I'll try it again some day. Double kill was best I could manage with it, mostly it did just enemy hits, so I wasn't impressed with it. Probably still better than the Schrägemusic cannons on Zero.

I unlocked it this morning, but I haven't gotten to use it yet. I'll probably get some really good tone with it tomorrow morning, I'll post something in thet next couple days if I can figure anything out.

It seems to be a mystery, I've watched 2 different YouTube videos where the guys couldn't quite figure it out.
  • RamFrog
    (Quote)

I unlocked it this morning, but I haven't gotten to use it yet. I'll probably get some really good tone with it tomorrow morning, I'll post something in thet next couple days if I can figure anything out.

It seems to be a mystery, I've watched 2 different YouTube videos where the guys couldn't quite figure it out.
    I tried it again and got some nice hits with it. My accuracy is still poor, so it will be interesting to see, if you can figure it out. 
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Hawxxeye said:
    To me it seems really inconsistent when it comes to their trajectory.
    Has anyone been successful with them?
    Low altitude, drop slightly earlier than you would normal bombs and you're good. Dropping them too high causes them to either never reach their target or just completely miss the target. Nose aimed dives seem to work from what I can tell, not 100% dives but angled dives. This insures that it "glides" to where your nose is facing if facing downward in any fashion.
  • ChickenTheTank
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Low altitude, drop slightly earlier than you would normal bombs and you're good. Dropping them too high causes them to either never reach their target or just completely miss the target. Nose aimed dives seem to work from what I can tell, not 100% dives but angled dives. This insures that it "glides" to where your nose is facing if facing downward in any fashion.

And @RamFrog

I think I figured it out on my lunch break. It seems like the most effective hits I was getting were when I aimed my crosshair right on the ground/ target where I want the bomb to land. Kept a level, mid- low altitude, and released somewhere around 300-600 meters away.

I definitely got the vibe the bomb tries to land wherever you directly aim your crosshair on the ground if you're in the right range. Maybe I'm making it up though.