Fliegerfaust Overpowered - DICE get your balancing straight!

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    UNFMoose said:
    The fliegerfaust can definitely kill one shot if its a straight on hit. Happened to me several time last night and today.
    It is hard to know if it was one of two sources at once though
  • JW99-NL
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    fliegrfaust too op, yeah really sad for the  pilots now no more 60+ scores for them.
  • 1Tap2TapBF
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I also did get oneshot by Fliegerfausts multiple times, 100 to 0 health instantly. And yes, looking at how many times it happened to me, it is pretty safe to assume not all of those deaths came from multiple sources.

Combine this with the ridiculous buff to stationary AA and the flying experience is totally terrible. Did nobody realize that AA is so OP right now that AA cannons are usually manned 24/7 since the patch? I wonder why...

Want to escape someone on your tail? EZ, just fly over friendly troops, they will take care of it in 9 of 10 cases without the other pilot being able to do anything about it while he gets shredded in under a second by FFs plus AA.

No, I am not a full time pilot, I rather drive tanks and could be happy about 90% of assault player carrying a Fliegerfaust instead of a anti-tank weapon, but the FF is just ridiculously overpowered.

A good comparison would be a weapon able to instantly wreak a tank at a distance. Just point and click. EZ.

Also, no, I don´t care if someone on some map got a good run in a plane, that does not mean that the current situation is fine.

GG Dice, way to listen to the crybabies, as you always do. And don´t tell me anyone did playtest this crap and thought this was totally fine. Just don´t.
  • ViolationofDerp
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fliegerfaust really is OP, i am not a pilot at all, but this is too much, im getting like 50% oneshots with it. Max damage and distance should be reduced. Why even bother using the stationary AA, they are total crap compared to this.
  • Hawxxeye
    7945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I also did get oneshot by Fliegerfausts multiple times, 100 to 0 health instantly. And yes, looking at how many times it happened to me, it is pretty safe to assume not all of those deaths came from multiple sources.

Combine this with the ridiculous buff to stationary AA and the flying experience is totally terrible. Did nobody realize that AA is so OP right now that AA cannons are usually manned 24/7 since the patch? I wonder why...

Want to escape someone on your tail? EZ, just fly over friendly troops, they will take care of it in 9 of 10 cases without the other pilot being able to do anything about it while he gets shredded in under a second by FFs plus AA.

No, I am not a full time pilot, I rather drive tanks and could be happy about 90% of assault player carrying a Fliegerfaust instead of a anti-tank weapon, but the FF is just ridiculously overpowered.

A good comparison would be a weapon able to instantly wreak a tank at a distance. Just point and click. EZ.

Also, no, I don´t care if someone on some map got a good run in a plane, that does not mean that the current situation is fine.

GG Dice, way to listen to the crybabies, as you always do. And don´t tell me anyone did playtest this crap and thought this was totally fine. Just don´t.
    The enemy AA cannons in my maps are not manned cause they get HE 20mm cannon spammed to death in head on attacks.
    The stationary AA is still a volunteer victim to an at least level 2  pacific plane.
    The FF is the only effective AA in the pacific maps. One can argue that it should not be like that and that the stationary AA or AA tanks should be the main ways to take down planes but it sadly is not the case. If they just nerf the  FF and do not give something extra to the much more limited SAAs and MAAs then the pilots will just farm the ground even harder with less risks.
    When I fly I do find the FF to be a cheeky and frustrating nuisance but I understand that the ground needs to have an answer to the farming by planes.
  • 1Tap2TapBF
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

The enemy AA cannons in my maps are not manned cause they get HE 20mm cannon spammed to death in head on attacks.
    The stationary AA is still a volunteer victim to an at least level 2  pacific plane.

Hmm, I don´t know if you realize, but only 2 of the maps in BF5 have planes with 20mm explosive cannons.

Also good for you that the AA in "your maps" is not manned, I just had a game on Iwo Jima where a guy sat in the AA on point A and covered the whole map, starting to shoot you the moment you took off from the japanese airfield out to half way off the coast to the american carriers.

Anyway, as you had nothing to answer to what I wrote about the Fliegerfaust, I am glad that we both agree that it´s totally OP.

• Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UNFMoose said:
    The fliegerfaust can definitely kill one shot if its a straight on hit. Happened to me several time last night and today.
    I have personally never seen higher than 90 Damage on a Fighter nor have I been oneshot out of the sky with one yet from full health. The only time one actually killed me with a single blast was when I hadn't repaired at 86 Health, because I wasn't really immediately concerned about it.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Let’s be real here. Vehicles (by design) are going to play second fiddle to infantry play. And therefore you will have imbalance.
    They touted epic tank battles in Panzerstorm and we see how that turned out.

Proof is in the pudding...
    1. One man with Fliegerfaust = downed full health plane in seconds.
    2. One man with sticky bombs = obliterated full health tank in seconds.

Question: Can a plane down a full health plane this fast?
    Can a tank destroy a full health tank this fast?
  • UNFMoose
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have been one shotted too many times to believe I am getting hit by 2 at the exact same time. I'm sure there are some squads coordinating to shoot their FF's at the time, but I have a hard time believing that with how many times it has happened to me.
  • tagestass
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Let’s be real here. Vehicles (by design) are going to play second fiddle to infantry play. And therefore you will have imbalance.
    They touted epic tank battles in Panzerstorm and we see how that turned out.

Proof is in the pudding...
    1. One man with Fliegerfaust = downed full health plane in seconds.
    2. One man with sticky bombs = obliterated full health tank in seconds.

Question: Can a plane down a full health plane this fast?
    Can a tank destroy a full health tank this fast?

ask yourself how fast a plane kills 1 soldier instead  or how fast a tank kill a soldier.  Saying vehikles play second fiddle is just silly, they are extremly strong now.
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    (Quote)
    well to be honest the 40MM AA on the pacific maps is already stronger than the base game AAs anyway so I guess it kinda balances it out. What I do not like is the idea of 32 players all being able to roll assault and use the fliegerfaust. Its just cancer hardly even fun to fly half the time anymore not because i destroy infantry but I genuinely like to fly in the game i prefer it to infantry and I like fighting other planes but I am chasing another plane and then what sounds like 5 AA shots in one go hits me all at once and then suddenly I get either immediately hit again or tailed by another plane. It ruins the whole dynamic the only place where its not soo bad is pacific because the plane kits are actually just better.

555, 32 Assault players all with FF, complete rubbish. I am yet to see a round where a whole team took only infantry AA in over 4000 hours of playing BF. Every BF the same stupid statement of what if 32 players, comes up anytime a pilot gets shot down more than once in a round by infantry AA.

If pilots want stronger ground attack than they need to be ready to die more then once in a round.
    The fact that it doesn't happen isn't the point the fact the sheer volume is possible and with its current aerial denial potential is. Why should infantry have an instant win button? We have to deal with other planes, AAs, AA tanks and even non-AA tanks and assaults using panzerfaust (something I can actually respect because it requires a bit more skill than simply pointing and shooting to pull off consistently). The arguement against bombers is understandable but I rarely have the problems on the ground that I hear about because I am constantly moving and not just camping somewhere in a corner or in a building. I PTFO on the ground with good reason. Because I know how easily I can die to bombers. Fighters though? it takes a great deal more skill to do extremely well with a fighter especially the base game fighters and so why should skill be denied simply by spawning onto the map because of a single piece of equipment?

The problem isn't we dont want to die. The problem is it is brutally gutting fighters. Most of the people going 80+ kills 1 death? High altitude bombers. Most unaffected? Bombers. Most complained about plane issue? Bombers. People fail to see that the flieger doesn't solve the issue it just makes it worse. "Yay free kills on a fighter! woohoooo" thats alls it is. I see so many bombers now just not even bothering to go near the objectives and just climbing instead. Fighters will go after them sure, if they survive long enough to even deal with them because the range of the FF is absurd. 

Don't pretend like its some how balancing out the aerial situation vs infantry because its not. Anyone who is a pilot knows that it is completely ruining the fighter dog fighting dynamic right now because you cannot go low anymore and if you're locked into high altitude fights then alls that will happen is either one of the pilots will fly over their team and hope the other fighter chases so they can get FFed to death or they will never be chasing bombers because they are flying in circles avoiding eachother. Fighters have to go low to make use of the terrain to their advantage instead of just breaking constantly because breaking is easily predictable. 

The 40MM AA in the pacfic maps is more than enough to deal with the planes available i've been shot down rather quickly by them due to their output and when an enemy fighter is chasing mostly because I know i cant fly low and have no other way to try and lose them, sure I could fly to my spawn but then its just circles and breaks for 5 minutes at that point until your automatic landing gear gets screwed over because they're extending over water... 

This isn't a matter of "planes having a counter", this is a matter of planes being countered too hard. Limited spawns, limited kits, diving is nessasary in order to do anything vs the ground. AAs are everywhere. Alls the FF does is once again increase the bloated size of assault kits and give them even more power over vehicles than they even deserve. 1 guy can take out a tank. 1. They can spawn any time. Anywhere. Tanks? Planes? We have to wait. We have to be afk for 50% of the match. On Iwo Jima, both objectives I had at least 4 different FFs being fired at me everytime last night while trying to evade another fighter. Death every single time without even any time to react. It is a broken piece of equipment. Fact. Anyone who believes differently is utterly biased at this point I always argue for trade offs in balance. Risk vs Reward or Lack of X to deal with Y. Sure they cant slot the panzerfaust but to deal with tanks they dont even need it they just need to resupply once at a depot.

The lack of foresight from some infantry players in this community is unbearable. So gleefully happy at a problem that is caused by a peice of equipment that doesn't even solve the issue they were raging about in the first place.

Dont want the FF nerfed? Fine. Remove it from assault and make it a spawned pick up like the katana and flame trooper kits replacing the panzerfaust on pick up on all maps with planes. That way its numbers will be limited and there will be no need to nerf it.
  • djwineo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This thing has just totally killed the art of dogfighting  if you don't get shot down in seconds by it the other person do and ya don't get the killthe new Pacific maps are absolutely horrible for it the only place you can dog fight is  at sea then you get nailed by the as guns on ships or your enemy do life expectancy in a plane is less than a minute now it there's zero skill in dogfighting  and play it for the dog fights but it's absolutely pointless when ya got around 5 aa guns and ya always get a group of players that don't do anything besides hide and just rocket u or ya enemy  play in fighters and play high to try avoid it but there's zero escapin it something needs to be doing some maps won't even play no more has its pointless 
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

In this clip you have the proof that fliegerfaust can os a fighter ( netgraph is on, the guy is full life and he take damage from only one source ) -> 100 to 0 in one shot at far distance without looking at the target ( no weak point exposed ) so yes it's totally OP and need a nerf  
  • tagestass
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019

In this clip you have the proof that fliegerfaust can os a fighter ( netgraph is on, the guy is full life and he take damage from only one source ) -> 100 to 0 in one shot at far distance without looking at the target ( no weak point exposed ) so yes it's totally OP and need a nerf 

What that video is showing is a plane racking up kills on infantary and why fliegerfaust is needed in the game. How strong it sohuld be is another question but having a fighterplane spamming kills on grundtroops should not be ok.

• Lancelot_du_Lac
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO the issue is that a class (fighter pilots) can go 30/40/50/60 - 0 in the first place. Isn't the first job of fighters to knock down bombers, to protect ground forces?

Also, AA is under powered because battery placement means that you cannot bring the guns to bear on planes long enough - line of sight is usually partly obscured by sandbags/mountains/trees/etc.
  • DaManiac72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    djwineo said:
    This thing has just totally killed the art of dogfighting  if you don't get shot down in seconds by it the other person do and ya don't get the killthe new Pacific maps are absolutely horrible for it the only place you can dog fight is  at sea then you get nailed by the as guns on ships or your enemy do life expectancy in a plane is less than a minute now it there's zero skill in dogfighting  and play it for the dog fights but it's absolutely pointless when ya got around 5 aa guns and ya always get a group of players that don't do anything besides hide and just rocket u or ya enemy  play in fighters and play high to try avoid it but there's zero escapin it something needs to be doing some maps won't even play no more has its pointless 
    You make me smile: "The art of dogfighting", I wonder why we have never seen anything else but the lameness of farming infantry without ever getting killed for a year now. I never saw any dogfighting gentlemen out there. That statement is just pure BS when it comes to 99.5% of people using planes or even tanks for that matter. It is all about racking up kills and never die for you lot.

If you can't dodge the FF or AA for that matter then you were never as good in your plane as you though you were. Also if this more problematic for you on a specific map, then why don't you step out of your plane and join us on the ground then? Then, on your next inf-farming map you can get into your plane again and farm and farm once more and think you are a skilled player doing something good.

If you want to get rid of someone using FF then use your spotting camera in your precious plane and kill that person, I say it in singular since it is most likely ony one using it.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Good that you have the netgraph on. However the netgraph only ever shows 5 sources of damage at once and you do not know if Player 60 is actually the killer or if there was someone after, as you would get nine hits at maximum damage which means almost two full netgraphs.
    I slowed it down in and you get hit 7 times at tick 0-11. After that there is that odd pause, and the netgraph rapidly jumps and only mentions you, probably the delay of getting killed. And then it shows player 50. I do not know how to translate the description, I rarely have the netgraph on, but I assume it is damage. So you get 7 times 80 by Player 60 and 300 from Player 50. That is how I read it. And as said, there could be stuff in between as well. I appreciate the effort though.
    So we can not really confirm anything. It could very well be two sources as two players are stated in the netgraph. Now if you find a screenshot of a guy with the FF aiming at a fighter (or any plane, maybe beside the JU) that gets a Vehicle Hit 100 score then this constitutes as proof from the FF POV, as this would mean only one source for sure.
    Now I used it a lot so far, got 53 kill on the tracker and a lot of 90s, 60s and 20s. I never seen anything beyond 90. I asked on symthic and there, despite heavy use nobody has seen anything more either.
    There was the dude in this very thread claiming that it is a one hit on bombers, he showed a video, too of him destroying five bombers and he never got a hit for more than 37, yet still claimed it was a OHK. The only score of 100 you get, and that happens every time, is when you destroy the plane and get the kill, you receive an Enemy hit +100, that is the kill though.
  • UNFMoose
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO the issue is that a class (fighter pilots) can go 30/40/50/60 - 0 in the first place. Isn't the first job of fighters to knock down bombers, to protect ground forces?

Also, AA is under powered because battery placement means that you cannot bring the guns to bear on planes long enough - line of sight is usually partly obscured by sandbags/mountains/trees/etc.

That is the point of fighters and how many people use them. I attack fighters, then bombers, then ground. Some games i don't get any ground kills because I'm occupied with good pilots. Other games there is no air challenge and I can strafe/bomb/rocket infantry and vehicles the entire time.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @VincentNZ you can see at the begining of the clip that the player 60 is the one using the fliegerfaust and the killer at the end 
  • GenesisMD5745
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe it has something to do with PS4 players, but I'm still getting killed mostly by enemy pilots when I'm flying. Followed by AA fire, then by the FF. I think console players prefer having their Panzerfaust or PIAT over the FF until there's an enemy pilot they cannot take down with AA or a plane of their own.

When I get attacked by the FF it's usually not enough to kill me. What helps is I'll fly high out of range when I can to spot targets before attacking (using the cockpit view). If I'm attacked then I'll use my emergency repair then do evasive maneuvers and reach a resupply station.

But again, maybe I'm just lucky. The enemy still has a chance to kill me during a dive or other times I'm flying low and within range, yet I still don't see as many FF's as I would expect.