Battlefield V - Update 5.0

Comments

• jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    LOL, I see how they fixed the "Could not fetch report" issue: by immediately skipping the score screen without any input from the player and going straight into the map loading screen. Thanks DICE.

That's actually not true, at least for me. The report shows just fine now.
    But it indeed takes you to the next match way too fast, I agree on that. This is a new issue, and I feel like it's almost hotfix-worthy. :neutral:
    "It's not like you said! But it's exactly like you said!"

Come on, man.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Blackhawk
    You should post any cheater related posts in the sticky megathread.

@CT1924

That GIF has me so pumped for tomorrow! :smiley::grin::lol::mrgreen:
  • I_Debott_I
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    jroggs said:
    jroggs said:
    LOL, I see how they fixed the "Could not fetch report" issue: by immediately skipping the score screen without any input from the player and going straight into the map loading screen. Thanks DICE.

That's actually not true, at least for me. The report shows just fine now.
    But it indeed takes you to the next match way too fast, I agree on that. This is a new issue, and I feel like it's almost hotfix-worthy. :neutral:
    "It's not like you said! But it's exactly like you said!"

Come on, man.
    It is precicely not "exactly like you said." That's the reason for my clarification. ^^
  • l00ping42
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    beautiful update but...nothing about cheaters that should be an absolute priority...
  • JimBF_22
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can some1 tell me if there is a bug in the level system when you play the  pacific? I just played for 3 hours and didn't get any XP.. 

• F1sherOrigin
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    After the update my ping is 173 and higher, though before that it was around 55-80 max. Everything looks great, but so far it's unplayable for me :(

UPD: now it's fine, so the problem was probably on my end.
    Post edited by F1sherOrigin on
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still getting the cannot retrieve your report bug regularly. Still not fixed.
  • Kompura
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed huge ping spikes after patch. It goes up and down. It goes even to ~500 every now and then. This has not happened before.
  • SimsBro_69
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely want to say the FliegerFaust ruined the War in the Pacific and needs to be removed. BF fixed bombing issues with the bomb drop speed. People that are frustrated with excellent pilots need to learn to get up in the air and shoot down the enemy. Bombers suck anyways. As a Pilot I love racking up ME109 or spitfire kills against bombers, and now I can’t even support my own team, because as soon as I’m near an enemy fight zone I get sniped.
    Iwo Jima, as the U.S I can’t help move an objective because of Flieger Campers. 

P.S. I like a challenge, Japan Fighters are insanely tough and fun to dogfight but how is it fair to let infantry Flieger AA and Jump into an Airplane? If some pilot is angry I shot him down I don’t stand a chance, if the Americans can’t move objective I can’t help. It’s dumb. Add more AA add more planes. 
    Remove Flieger Campers

The only equivalent way I can describe it is like this:
    Imagine you were infantry and you kept getting repeatedly shot by The Scout Class Sniper and there was no glare coming off his scope and you had no way to sight him.
    Again i’ll say this infantry has AA plus the ability to get up in an aircraft. 
    The Flieger has ruined the pacific gameplay 
  • Stouthirstyman
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone know why my PS4 insists on 39 Gb free space?
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Time to break out those predator skins and get into the jungle.
  • Vasilij444
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Very nice new maps :smiley: But my favourite is still Twisted Steel :smile:  The game goes to the right direction. Should be like that from the beginning...

But weapon balance should still be improved... Just hit with the AT Grenade Pistol from 2 meters an enemy soldier - 96 or 97 hit points, no kill. Nooo, he killed me at the end... Sorry, but this is a joke... Explosives are anyway ridiculous useless, with a blast range of around 0,015 meters... Also a joke for me if you hit somebody from 4, 5 meters 5, 6, 7 times with an MP or SMG but it's not a kill and he/she kills you with 1, 2 shots from a revolver or sniper weapon...

• BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Definitely want to say the FliegerFaust ruined the War in the Pacific and needs to be removed. BF fixed bombing issues with the bomb drop speed. People that are frustrated with excellent pilots need to learn to get up in the air and shoot down the enemy. Bombers suck anyways. As a Pilot I love racking up ME109 or spitfire kills against bombers, and now I can’t even support my own team, because as soon as I’m near an enemy fight zone I get sniped.

P.S. I like a challenge, Japan Fighters are insanely tough and fun to dogfight but how is it fair to let infantry Flieger AA and Jump into an Airplane? If some pilot is angry I shot him down I don’t stand a chance, if the Americans can’t move objective I can’t help. It’s dumb. Add more AA add more planes. 
    Remove Flieger Campers

Imagine you were infantry and you kept getting repeatedly shot by The Scout Class Sniper and there was no glare coming off his scope and you had no way to sight him.
    We do, although we call them Assault.

Bad visibility and being insta killed by everything? Welcome to the ground war in V brother

• ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SimsBro_69 wrote: »

Remove Flieger Campers

I disagree. The fact that the best pilots can go a whole round with only 2 or 3 deaths at most, should scream unbalanced to you. There was obviously not enough tools to let other players have fair fights against air planes.

There is no infantry setup that allows a player, even if they're really really good, to consistently have so few deaths. And outside if spawn camping, there also isn't such a setup for tanks either.

There fliegerfaust is five the way it is. And it has a super easy counter, don't fly so close to the ground.
  • Noodlesocks
    3697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope Dice is planning to implement some of the changes made for the pacific maps into the European and African maps. Faster vehicle respawn times and not being able to respawn over enemy base are really good changes that help keep the flow of the game going like it should.

EDIT: Also, AA guns have a lot of trouble hitting planes flying away from them. I seem to recall a similar problem arose during BF1's life cycle.
  • Troutzilla
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As a Combat Wounded United States Marine Corps Vietnam Veteran and BF player since 2002, I was appalled to to see USA, Army and the lone white star on the vehicles from the Iwo Jima map. The Army had no vehicles on Iwo Jima and for historical and game correctness the vehicle lettering should be, U.S.M.C.  the lettering should be yellow and it should be changed.  Iwo Jima is one of  The Corps most iconic battles... American Admiral Chester Nimitz reflected on the incredible sacrifice of the Marines who fought at Iwo Jima by saying, “Uncommon valor was a common virtue" March 16th, 1945. My game names over the years have been Tarawa Terror , TunaOnToast and my current one Troutzilla

• HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else stuttering a ton on the Pacific maps? PS4 Pro.
  • LCFRS666
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Audio keeps going in and out from quiet to extremely lound on one volume setting what do i do to fix
  • Hawxxeye
    7823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please maintain dedicated Pacific playlists until the private servers come.
    The Pacific maps are almost a different game.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Please maintain dedicated Pacific playlists until the private servers come.
    The Pacific maps are almost a different game.
    I was in one server where I think everyone got sick of Iwo Jima.  It was down to 24vs24.