What's with people using ridiculous cosmetics in the Pacific DLC?

Comments

• Toxic_CA
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Nvm I ca t post pics
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

7. The sale of cosmetics are contributing to the production of more game content.
    Pretty much this. Either we have cosmetics and "reasonable" post launch content, or you have your historical accuracy along with 1 map every 6-9 months.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They couldn’t do it so that you can wear your skin, and on your screen you look custmized. But I have those settings turned off so on my screen you’d look like a regular normal soldier?

No?
  • Pyr0Plazma
    398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How dare people not play the game exactly how I personally want it !!???!!!???!!
  • xKusagamix
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    They couldn’t do it so that you can wear your skin, and on your screen you look custmized. But I have those settings turned off so on my screen you’d look like a regular normal soldier?

No?
    The point if cosmetic is to show off your cosmetic items for other to see in the first place. It won't happen.

Just wait for the Pacific Characters then you'll see some running on the beach with Samurai armor.

I don't have any problem with this, unless they're just useless for the team.

Biggest problem, especially in Asia, is cheaters. I would love to get an Anti-cheating program that actually work in the first place.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    PS4 so not much cheating.
    Meh if it’s going in a fortnite direction with cartoons and cosplay running about I’ll leave it. I can put up with the almost but not quite WW2 “uniforms”. But if they are going in a comedy cartoon direction I’ve got no interest.
    Post edited by StormSaxon on
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly i know this would Happen.

And its Just the begining. CoD WW2 Had some silly skins too Like a Scare Crow.

Developers should have more respect for the real wars happened. Sure for them its Business but don't forget the millions of people that died.
  • DingoKillr
    3858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I don't fully agree on this.

I really think Dice didn't make any new content because the game wasn't finished. They have wasted so much time fixing bugs in the game and this has meant that new content wasn't really possible for them to make. 

And I think they didn't release boins until later, because they knew they had a bad game and people would have raged if they started charging money, for something that didn't work (and it probably wasn't even finished when they launched the game).

But your are right about the future content, it is dependent on how much money they will get from cosmetics. They have to make some new content no matter what (shareholders blah blah), but if they don't sell any cosmetics the amount and quality of content will suffer.

I'm personally old-school and bought premium in earlier titles. Can't really see myself buying any cosmetics, but hopefully a lot of other players will...

I did and thought the same. But I did buy the Halloween special, for 1 reason I wanted to kit my solider with the slouch hat. Now I have Aussie troops in North Africa and the Pacific. It might be the last I buy, I will see.
  • DingoKillr
    3858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a tough one

People have paid for the DLC so there always going to be both sides off the Argument.

For Historical Accuracy. I would say only Norman and Seamus should be allowed to be used as Britain did fight the Japanese in WW2. The French had 2 sides at this point (The Axis Collaboraters and the Free French Forces) and I don't think the Free French did get involved much in the Pacific front (Sure the Japanese took some Islands off them)

It would be silly to have the Germans at Iwo Jima and Pacific Islands as Germany and Japan were both fighting a separate War.

If DICE does have American and Japanese Elites then only the American ones should be allowed to be used on the North African maps as it would have been too early for them to be included on Narvik and Arras.

Just point out that French resistance was larger then what people think. Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia was French Indo-China which the Germans allowed the Japanese to take from the French Vichy. French Vichy lost pacific island to the British and US not to the Japanese.

Viet Minh(French resistance) fought Japanese during the war, British and British commanded Japanese after the war, until the French troops arrived from Europe.
  • The-Monz
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should have released the same option of base characters as the European factions otherwise you have to use woman characters if you want four different appearances per class.
    They will be doing this so more people will buy the new elites when they come out.
    I bought an elite but won't be buying another as you can't customize them at all.
    So until they add some more base characters I will be the Phantom of the Pacific.
  • xKusagamix
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's a tough one

People have paid for the DLC so there always going to be both sides off the Argument.

For Historical Accuracy. I would say only Norman and Seamus should be allowed to be used as Britain did fight the Japanese in WW2. The French had 2 sides at this point (The Axis Collaboraters and the Free French Forces) and I don't think the Free French did get involved much in the Pacific front (Sure the Japanese took some Islands off them)

It would be silly to have the Germans at Iwo Jima and Pacific Islands as Germany and Japan were both fighting a separate War.

If DICE does have American and Japanese Elites then only the American ones should be allowed to be used on the North African maps as it would have been too early for them to be included on Narvik and Arras.

Just point out that French resistance was larger then what people think. Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia was French Indo-China which the Germans allowed the Japanese to take from the French Vichy. French Vichy lost pacific island to the British and US not to the Japanese.

Viet Minh(French resistance) fought Japanese during the war, British and British commanded Japanese after the war, until the French troops arrived from Europe.
    As a Vietnamese, i approve this.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2020 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's a tough one

To class the Viet Minh as french resistance is a bit far fetched, even for BFV!
  • warslag
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    herodes87 said:
    Honestly i know this would Happen.

And its Just the begining. CoD WW2 Had some silly skins too Like a Scare Crow.

Developers should have more respect for the real wars happened. Sure for them its Business but don't forget the millions of people that died.
    I think that's true. EA already makes fortunes from micro-transactions in its games. So I just can't see it allowing anyone to dictate how it implements items and skins in Battlefield games when there's so much money on the table. I read somewhere that they were making $100,000,000 a month from in-game sales from Apex Legends. I'm not sure how much exactly they get out of FIFA but it's mountains of cash. It must be EA's goal to do the same with Battlefield. It shouldn't stop anyone voicing their opinions against implausible and out of place skins if they feel it spoils the game for them, though.
  • SugarmanTreacle
    45 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The question is, does more authentic cosmetics hurt the game? Of course not. On the contrary. I can't belive we have to debate that.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2020 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At the beginning of the game, DICE decide we would only get 2 factions - Allied and Axis, and only fairly recently after much moaning, quite correctly in my opinion, about having Germans at Iwo etc, they added the US and Japanese as separate factions.  The problem is DICE already starting selling Elites on the basis you can use them on any map.  To change tack would cause a whole level of grief for them, and no doubt those moaning about German Elites on the Japanese side (which is dumb i know) would also call out EA for dodgy practice of selling Elites and not being able to use them
  • PeaceWeaver
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Seriously. I'm all for customization and stuff but this specific case makes me upset and doesn't feel right.
    I'd gladly purchase Pacific related elites or nice cosmetics but such decision makes 0 sense to me at least.

It makes perfect sense, tbo.

“Can’t you see?
    It all makes perfect sense,
    expressed in dollars and cents,
    pounds, shillings, and pence.
    Can’t you see?
    It all makes perfect sense.”

— Roger Waters
  • DingoKillr
    (Quote)

Vichy French Indo-China existed from July 1940. Japan occupied Indo-China September 1940. Viet-Minh created May 1941. Fighting the Japanese until September 1945.

Not so far fetched as you think.
  • Trokey66
    8642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)

Vichy French Indo-China existed from July 1940. Japan occupied Indo-China September 1940. Viet-Minh created May 1941. Fighting the Japanese until September 1945.

Not so far fetched as you think.

I so much as the enemy of my enemy is my friend......