BF V starting to feel like BF.. do you agree?

FierceBrosnan007
1043 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
With the addition of the latest two pacific maps, BF V is starting to feel more like a true BF experience. The maps are well designed, large scale and give plenty of immersion, compared with the IMO boring experience up until this update.

For the first time since BF V launched, I find I am now excited about playing another round rather than it feeling a bit stale or boring and a grind to enter another game. Had to be coaxed to even bother playing before but these new maps feel like proper BF. Well done to the map designers and all involved and hopefully there is more like this to come. These are spectacular... the island map being the icing on the cake.

Roll on RSP next and we will finally see BF V increase in popularity. In relation to the new maps.. all i've been hearing is "finally", "epic", "BF V is good now" and had to come on to see. Had some of the best time playing BF on these new maps. Really feels like you are there and the team push feels so united and rewarding. The island map is truely amazing.

BF V has turned a corner imo. Now I want some time off work to play... BF 3 was the last BF game which made me feel that way.

Comments

• CStarfish9
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. 
  • bigguyhawaii
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It’s much more smoother after the last patch
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1043 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. 
    Fair enough but please could you elaborate your conclusion..   

Thanks. 
  • trip1ex
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Meh everyone is excited and comes back when new content drops.   And not only did 1 map drop but 2 maps with new factions and new tanks and planes and weapons.  They also had a free weekend so people like me who didn't buy the game, came back to try the new pacific content.  

I had fun the first day and then I was over it the next.  

Give it a few weeks to let the new shiny wear off.  And then take the temperature of the community again. 

I do agree the new maps are larger scale though.    But for me the gameplay is a mess.  They are trying to throw in some old school stuff now, but it seems half-hearted.   

• CSO7777
    2091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the new maps really has the feeling of old BF-titles (only played Breakthrough) .

It feels like playing on the bigger BF4 maps. And no vanilla map in BFV gives me this feeling, they all feel small and too 'busy' compared to the new maps (some of them are still good though).

Hamada/Panzerstorm got the scale but still doesn't have the same feeling.
  • PsiHo1389
    89 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just bcs of map, but problems (screen freeze...) is still here -.-'
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Many artillery and missile bombing in those maps. Feels like Cod with killstreaks.
    Add the insta deaths, pistols that sound like a high rof machine gun.
    Its fun alright.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Many artillery and missile bombing in those maps. Feels like Cod with killstreaks.
    Add the insta deaths, pistols that sound like a high rof machine gun.
    Its fun alright.

Have to disagree... feels nothing like COD (own all the COD games). Had many insta deaths and generally weird out of sync moments until I upgraded to a much better system.. game plays really well now. No weird moments. I think alot of people with those strange out of sync deaths have poor connections or lower than ideal hardware.

It is fun. (Minus the sarcasm)
    Latest two maps feel like good old battlefield. It's the scale and immersion. You just don't get the same feeling or enjoyment factor out of the earlier maps. OP Underground is reasonably good but rather cramped.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope.

The frustrations are still there and the 'fun' is yet to arrive.
  • D5RAT
    2010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    trip1ex said:
    Meh everyone is excited and comes back when new content drops.   And not only did 1 map drop but 2 maps with new factions and new tanks and planes and weapons.  They also had a free weekend so people like me who didn't buy the game, came back to try the new pacific content.  

Give it a few weeks to let the new shiny wear off.  And then take the temperature of the community again. 

I do agree the new maps are larger scale though.    But for me the gameplay is a mess.  They are trying to throw in some old school stuff now, but it seems half-hearted.   

I thought only game owners could comment in these forums ??

• Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lack of gadgets that can deal with situations, so there is not many bf moments that made the previous games good, it's just run and gun.
    The pace also means you have to be 110% running to objectives shooting people, not much time to set up ambushes or co-ordinate with teammates, most times you don't even get time to reload.
  • trip1ex
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    D5RAT said:
    trip1ex said:

I thought only game owners could comment in these forums ??

Yeah it was that way.

Perhaps it was the dirt cheap used copy i bought for the PS4 during the summer so I could check out the state of the game that did the trick.  NOt that I play on the PS4 or even have PS4 any more.  My kid took it to college.  He said it would help his studies.  I said anything to help your studies.  Go ahead. 

• Kompura
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New maps feels good and yes, more like real BF. Also plays very smooth. It was a surprise. I even enjoyed to dive in Iwo Jima and look the fishes swimming there, also one shark :)
  • PRAETORIANN-GR
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like Battlefield V from the beginning. All maps and modes.
     Just as I like all BF Series since the first ever released.

I disliked always the performance issues but it was something that ultimately has been fixed even for a long period of time in some cases. And I personally criticized some of the issues strongly and in this forum.

I didn't buy or preorder battlefield V from the beginning because of the reviews especially from youtubers, but I regret it. Because I listen to some garbage talking that has nothing to do with the actual quality of the game.
      I hate some of them for that.
     The only thing that has benefited me is the reduction of price nearly of last Christmas, and I believe that the negative reviews also contributed for that a bit.

So I paid 30euros for a really great battlefield.

All maps are great.
     All modes are great
     And the Pacific is great also.

A really good game, different and in some cases better than the also great BF1

Yes, The pacific runs smoothly and I just wish for further optimization for cpu's (especially for older) performance for Operation Underground
  • FierceBrosnan007
    We just need RSP now and we have a good game finally.. I'd much prefer to play the latest maps only as they feel like the true battlefield experience that we are accustomed to. Scale, immersion and weapons/vehicles feel strong on those maps. 
  • Soulbreeze
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The maps are better but the programming still sucks worse than any BF before it.
  • PsiHo1389
    89 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Last 2 maps is good, but whole game is [removed]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • TheFightin
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game has come a long way....but the next patch is going to screw it up. Long ttk, people get automatically spotted.  All in time for the holidays.

One step forward, two steps back.
  • OskooI_007
    1437 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    @TheFightin Long ttk in next patch? Where'd you hear that?