Fliegerfaust Overpowered - DICE get your balancing straight!

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Nobody is asking for infantry not to have an AA option.
    Nobody is asking for the FF to be removed.

Yet pilot haters still turn up claiming that any time a pilot asks for a slight change to something because it appears OP is actually asking for the FF to be removed or that infantry shouldn’t have an AA option.

It’s laughable at this point.
  • Hawxxeye
    7945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to point out that today I saw a sharp drop in the fliegerfaust usage.
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish planes were not in the game. The pilots do not attack each other, they just go on bombing run after bombing run. 

All soldiers should be able to equip the fliegerfaust, as bombers are ruining BF V just like it did BF1.
  • Hawxxeye
    7945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty said:
    I wish planes were not in the game. The pilots do not attack each other, they just go on bombing run after bombing run. 

All soldiers should be able to equip the fliegerfaust, as bombers are ruining BF V just like it did BF1.
    I cannot help but wonder if you are not interested in combined arms in which case why are you not moving to those infantry only FPS.
    Dogfigthing especially in BFV is plain unfun and cluncky and has only been extensively practiced by people who are better off playing a plane only game.
  • Jarp75
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can OS a plane without any skill required , definitively overpowered
    But One shot an infantery with a load of bombs requires skill? LOL
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    KingRofty said:

Dogfigthing especially in BFV is plain unfun and cluncky and has only been extensively practiced by people who are better off playing a plane only game.
    True.
    I dont know why ppl stick around in BFV to ''be ace'' in the BF planes. Its not that hard, it has the same basic principle flight dogfight maneuvers that you see in every flightsim (Warthunder for example) only incredibly sluggish, unnatural, or as you say: clunky. They farm public servers with their ''skills'' in an easy arcade environment where much of the balance is non-existent, as they get all of these weird perks to benefit from like the improved surface wings spec or the magically get instantly-extra-speed spec.

Except... if they get low now means they will encounter the FliegerFaust.

Exactly why many of them are complaining right now. They lost their monopoly on only one part of their playing field (low altitude above the action), interrupting their ''elitist dogfights'' that noone can ever win except for them.

• MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jarp75 said:
    Can OS a plane without any skill required , definitively overpowered
    But One shot an infantery with a load of bombs requires skill? LOL
    I know, on certain games I'm constantly being attacked by planes in the tank, and taken out in one bomb run ? (hope I'm wrong about this)

Nothing I can personally do in tanks, I just have to accept it.  
  • Beakerb43
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not going to lie...I suck in the planes.  On non Pacific Theater maps I can hit targets, or the area near enough to where i'm aiming.  In the Pacific Theater Maps it's harder as there's no bombing target, unless it got turned off in the patch, but I can still sometimes get hits. 

The FF is somewhat OP from using it, and from being hit by it.  It does take a small bit of aiming and leading, + the pilot being low enough to wreck his day, but ALL OF THE VEHICLES die soooo fast in this game.  Not going to lie I giggle when I kill a pilot with the FF, especially the ones who think because they do great flying a plane in a game, girls are going to throw panties at them when they go outside once every 2 weeks.

I don't understand why Dice has taken the approach that vehicles should not be feared in this game.  Why does a tank MG take more hits to kill than an SMG?  Why does a direct hit with a tank shell not kill in 1 hit?  I know the days of BF2 are gone, but I remember when Teamwork was needed sometimes... Now you just have assaults who, "Hold my beer and watch this" their way into battle.  Why not just give them Med kits and Ammo pouches as well.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Beakerb43 said:
    Not going to lie...I suck in the planes.  On non Pacific Theater maps I can hit targets, or the area near enough to where i'm aiming.  In the Pacific Theater Maps it's harder as there's no bombing target, unless it got turned off in the patch, but I can still sometimes get hits. 

The FF is somewhat OP from using it, and from being hit by it.  It does take a small bit of aiming and leading, + the pilot being low enough to wreck his day, but ALL OF THE VEHICLES die soooo fast in this game.  Not going to lie I giggle when I kill a pilot with the FF, especially the ones who think because they do great flying a plane in a game, girls are going to throw panties at them when they go outside once every 2 weeks.

I don't understand why Dice has taken the approach that vehicles should not be feared in this game.  Why does a tank MG take more hits to kill than an SMG?  Why does a direct hit with a tank shell not kill in 1 hit?  I know the days of BF2 are gone, but I remember when Teamwork was needed sometimes... Now you just have assaults who, "Hold my beer and watch this" their way into battle.  Why not just give them Med kits and Ammo pouches as well.
    Well, you are overexaggerating. Tanks still die much slower than infantry. A week ago it took me three minutes to take out a tank with my AT pistol and that was with running back to the nearest ammo crate, as well as exploiting my own support crate twice to get 4 AT pistols back. Now clearly that tanker was totally overwhelmed with fighting one support and it took me way too long to take him down.
    A tank shell will immediately kill an infantry and will also do so through the blast, similar to the shells from the PAK. The HMG from the tanks will most likely be the same as the stationary and will kill in 4-5, maybe 6 hits, at a high ROF which is better than the 4-8 or 5-9 bullets the SMGs do.
    So, you see teamplay is already needed to take down vehicles. However, what vehicles often forget is that they man their vehicle alone, which is not a rare commodity, and yet they require no teamwork at all to be used effectively. So that is a double standard.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    xeNizKing just wrapped this post up in one sentence.

“Why should infantry have an instant win button”?

There you have it folks.
    THE END

• Hawxxeye
    xeNizKing just wrapped this post up in one sentence.

“Why should infantry have an instant win button”?

There you have it folks.
    THE END

The reply to that is "Why should pilots have a near immortal kill farming machine"
    Hawxxeye said:
    KingRofty said:

True.
    I dont know why ppl stick around in BFV to ''be ace'' in the BF planes. Its not that hard, it has the same basic principle flight dogfight maneuvers that you see in every flightsim (Warthunder for example) only incredibly sluggish, unnatural, or as you say: clunky. They farm public servers with their ''skills'' in an easy arcade environment where much of the balance is non-existent, as they get all of these weird perks to benefit from like the improved surface wings spec or the magically get instantly-extra-speed spec.

Except... if they get low now means they will encounter the FliegerFaust.

Exactly why many of them are complaining right now. They lost their monopoly on only one part of their playing field (low altitude above the action), interrupting their ''elitist dogfights'' that noone can ever win except for them.

This is why I am in support of the AA buffs and the FF in spite of being someone who also flies a lot. These guys who mastered the awful clunky physics of BFV are becoming extremely frustrating to play against and upset the karmic cycle.
  • mf_shro0m
    2362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA turrets and tanks were already obsolete but I agree that infantry AA shouldn't be more powerful than them. Turrets and tanks should be buffed if they are going to nerf the fliegerfaust.

The AAs in the Pacific do too much damage tbh
  • mf_shro0m
    2362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I would like to point out that today I saw a sharp drop in the fliegerfaust usage.

Same here but when I did it was almost always an instakill. I think they should make each rocket do the same damage as an AA burst round
  • Hawxxeye
    edited November 2019
    mf_shro0m said:
    AA turrets and tanks were already obsolete but I agree that infantry AA shouldn't be more powerful than them. Turrets and tanks should be buffed if they are going to nerf the fliegerfaust.

The AAs in the Pacific do too much damage tbh
    In my personal experience the stationary AA in pacific is still not strong enough to beat an upgraded plane head on.
    Personally I would buff its damage while decreasing the projective velocity (or increasing its drag instead). This way it would be exponentially stronger the closer the plane is to it while it will not be able to harass a distant plane minding its business as much.
    mf_shro0m said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Same here but when I did it was almost always an instakill. I think they should make each rocket do the same damage as an AA burst round
    I used the FF some more yesterday. Generally I only got kills if someone else's FF had already hit the plane or an assist if my FF hit first. The way it works is certainly obnoxious on the receiving end but at the same time I personally justify it as a risk the pilots chose to take with a diving attack. A pilot still has a better chance to survive a single FF than a semi decent pilot with 6x HMGs and improved surface control areas on their tail
    EDIT: I did some math and the 6x HMGs are like 12.5% more damage per second than the already notorious x8 LMGs of the spitfire VA if that is any indication of how broken a dogfight specialized max leveled plane in pacific will be to other planes, especially on the hands of an ace.
    At the same time it still has access to the 8x rockets to hurt enemy planes even more or to dump on some AA gun, cannon or tank bellow.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • BeastofBourbon84
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    I die many times as a result of AA / FF hitting the incendiary bombs when I deploy them and destroys my plane. Same as the parachute mines on the Stuka B2. Any one else who experience this.
    The FF is strong,  but so are the planes on Pacific maps. That is some kind of balance imo.

Ahhhh so that are the occasional "accidents" that kill me from time to time.
    All in all the ff is annoying but imagine the Pacific maps without capable anti air solutions and 3 attackplanes on every side.

Strafe after strafe of quad he cannons - hell on earth for infantry.

Honestly I don't even know how to balance it properly anymore.

Maybe the core of the problem is that vehicles don't fight vehicles most of the time but instead prey on infantry.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    FF is good for pacifics, since mentioned was, fighters are really solid in new maps but not in old maps.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited November 2019
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    I die many times as a result of AA / FF hitting the incendiary bombs when I deploy them and destroys my plane. Same as the parachute mines on the Stuka B2. Any one else who experience this.
    The FF is strong,  but so are the planes on Pacific maps. That is some kind of balance imo.

Ahhhh so that are the occasional "accidents" that kill me from time to time.
    All in all the ff is annoying but imagine the Pacific maps without capable anti air solutions and 3 attackplanes on every side.

Strafe after strafe of quad he cannons - hell on earth for infantry.

Honestly I don't even know how to balance it properly anymore.

Maybe the core of the problem is that vehicles don't fight vehicles most of the time but instead prey on infantry.
    It is plain not fun for most people to fight other planes. It requires a ton of external knowledge to know how to maneuver better and even when you do the physics and the overall plane flight design betrays you with how much of an overwhelming disadvantage is being in a negative dogfight in this game. Even when you got that covered, some super upgrades like the improved control surfaces make a massive difference.
    That is why I find it better for both the air and the ground to be equally strong against each other instead of the air being moderately annoying to the ground and only countered by fighters like we had pre pacific.

FF is good for pacifics, since mentioned was, fighters are really solid in new maps but not in old maps.

Yeah which leaves us to the conclusion that all the old planes (as well as the tanks and stationary guns) need a good overhaul, especially the more unpopular variants (VB, G6, Mosq MkII, Ju88-C, etc)
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have yet to be killed by a plane on the new maps, just has not happened to me. I also do not destroy as many planes as last week, and kill assists, the window of opportunity often is just very short for the FF, hence it must deal a lot of damage in one burst.