Netcode destroys this game

13»

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    4338 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What makes a big difference for me is the ping differential between me and the target. Me (low) + target (high) = netcode issues.

It's so weird that I see so many people say this because when I play, it's always the guys with like 15ms pings destroying everyone. 55-60ms from the Midwest is about as good as I can get. High pingers are a problem too, but I seem to get it from both sides.
    It feels like low ping is only and "advantage" when your ping is just above or equal to the tickrate of the server.

When you are lower it feels like you get "punished" and there is also nothing like a low ping smoothing setting.

But the Top 3 (in K/D and without vehicles) on PS4 are mostly players with above 100ms ping, they just can't die and even when they miss or shoot a second later on your screen, the server hit claim confirmation still gives them the kill, the settings for hit claim confirmation need to seriously be changed.

Or servers with different ping limits: all players from out of europe (Asia/Africa that are also assigned to EU servers) play on the same server, with a bottom ping limit of 60ms, all players from central europe play together with a max ping limit of 60ms and some servers for who want to play with friends from the other side of the world and that don't care about this frustrating events.

Same can be done for US and other Regions.

This would already solve lots of issues.
  • InS_Hypno
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They just need to implement ping limits

High pingers causes most of the problems with netcode
  • ackers75
    2637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    They just need to implement ping limits

High pingers causes most of the problems with netcode

Yep the latency discrepancies are too large for the netcode to work reliably.
    I left this game due to the netcode and especially the ridiculous lag compensation
  • KnazZo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Netcode is bad?. This game is BAD :dizzy:
  • Agrioxiros
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    It's the game engine that's responsible and is killing the series (not just V in particular).
    Unless EA suffers a stroke again, like it did with the approval of Frostbite engine and give a go for a FPS suitable engine, this will never go away.
    Not really, it is too little servers in some regions, adding high pingers from those regions to other regions (EU servers) and Netcode that compensates so much the servers almost crash and can't keep up and crazy things start to happen.
    Yes really. There is no such thing such netcode. Netcode is something people say and it involves anything and everything related to their interactions with the game network wise.
    The few or no servers to some regions and high pingers are a different problem.
    The first and most fundamental problem is the game engine. This story goes back to BF3.
    Nope, not even close.

The game is totally different when your ping goes up or some high and unstable pingers join the server you are on.
    This is totally related to the part of the game that controls the data traffic between client and server.

Adding a ping limit will instantly fix a lot of bugs and hit reg issues.
    BF1 had a week of some "tweaking" of the "netcode" and the game instantly became 10 times better.
    Dude I don't know how old you are but pls, politely, take a hike.
    This is almost a 10-year-old issue and has been addressed by us (the players) a million times. Go watch "Battle(non)sense" youtube videos he made years ago or read very old fora and you'll find the same things written.
    The high pingers are a separate problem. They were "addressed" in BF4 with ping limiters but just because they did in one iteration doesn't mean they would do it again in another.
    dude please explain how BF1 plays so much better than BF5? (in terms of hit registry, no one frame kills etc....)
    Id like to see your stupid excuse
    Easy. Ignorant people like you, can't understand what they are seeing.
    BF1 had random spread in it. So, some "experts" like you, with no understanding of what is happening, blame that for all the bullcrap going on.
    Tell me, dear "expert", does BF1 has dying behind walls? Have you played medic with the dmrs to see how the hitreg works there?

How is it that the more ignorant you are, the more audacity you have?
    All the chicks coming out of their eggs thinking they know stuff...
    I've even put references in my comments so you would educate yourselves. But no. You absolutely must demonstrate how much you don't know of what you're talking about.
    And waste my time and this thread's space for no reason.
  • The_BIue_Monkey
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1 Gbit up&down direct fibre here, ping usually at 13ms - still 50% of the shots are not registered - meanwhile in other games this is extremely rare for me.

There are some huge issues with this game. Map design, netcode, performance (regulary CPU spikes on DX12, despite 2700X at 4.1 paired with RTX 2080 Ti at 4K 144Hz says it all), feminist propaganda ... this game is a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ show. BF1 will be the last BF game I have bought until these issues are resolved.
  • Agrioxiros
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 will be the last BF game I have bought until these issues are resolved.
    Wait. So how exactly do you know about these issues and "50% of the shots are not registered" (which is complete bullcrap btw no matter how much you want to exaggerate), if you don't own the game? Is free weekend back on PC?
  • 5bulletsSLR
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    net code in this game is pretty garbage, same as MW
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agrioxiros wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Wait. So how exactly do you know about these issues and "50% of the shots are not registered" (which is complete bullcrap btw no matter how much you want to exaggerate), if you don't own the game? Is free weekend back on PC?

When you re running network graph its easy to determine what percentage of your shots were registered and how many been rejected by server/client, - the bullets you actually missed. The game is **** show as someone said before. It started great on PS4 had zero issues with netcode stuttering but as patches continued to roll the game started going down (straight off the cliff), i thought maybe its console due to limited hardware capabilities, but its exactly same **** show on PC with high end medium specs.
  • NLBartmaN
    4338 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agrioxiros wrote: »
    (Quote)

When you re running network graph its easy to determine what percentage of your shots were registered and how many been rejected by server/client, - the bullets you actually missed. The game is **** show as someone said before. It started great on PS4 had zero issues with netcode stuttering but as patches continued to roll the game started going down (straight off the cliff), i thought maybe its console due to limited hardware capabilities, but its exactly same **** show on PC with high end medium specs.
    The problem is the removal of server locations (so more ping differences on the remaining servers and no ping limits) and the very poor configuration of the servers (too little resources for each virtual server) which, for example, gives srv ticks above 20ms (and at a maximum of 16,6ms on 30Hz console servers problems are already noticeable)