Zero better then Corsair..

Comments

• mackpapi
    173 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly bro they are the same not sure what your defense or offense is but TTK is relatively the same if you get close,
    The 6 HMGs that both fighters have is balanced, buuuut the A6M2 & the F4U-C
    are distinctly different in that the Zeroes nose mounted mgs and cooling does make a difference,
    but performance is everything doesn't matter what load out you have
  • GenesisMD5745
    499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Ive got to be honest, it really doesn't feel like the corsair has the same turn performance. I always get out turned in a corsair and I always out turn corsairs in my zero. Something is off there as well.

Yeh I’ve felt that the corsair feels clunkier too.

Someone messed up bad
    I thought it was just me. Like maybe it was just my flying skills or I kept going against a higher level plane, but I guess not. The Corsair does feel worse after all.

Regardless of the differences between the planes, I've somehow managed to get both to level 4 (the fighter variants) and I believe my Corsair is nearing level 5.
  • Hawxxeye
    6711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I thought I was the only one that noticed this. The bubble canopy is USELESS. Whoever thought of implementing it in the game needs a good slap in the face. Convergence on the corsair would be great at about 100m in my opinion. 
    the canopy should had been baseline
  • mf_shro0m
    2263 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I thought it was just me. Like maybe it was just my flying skills or I kept going against a higher level plane, but I guess not. The Corsair does feel worse after all.

Regardless of the differences between the planes, I've somehow managed to get both to level 4 (the fighter variants) and I believe my Corsair is nearing level 5.

I thought it was just me too lol which is why I hadn’t mentioned it yet

Dude all I can say is congrats. I haven’t used either fighter (ones with the HMGs) that much yet but after spending after 20% more time in the zero fighter bomber than in the Corsair fighter bomber my zero was level 6 whilst my Corsair was still and is still at level 1 lol

I’ve just stopped using the corsairs because it just doesn’t work out for me and it’s driving me insane
  • M_Rat13
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I thought it was just me too lol which is why I hadn’t mentioned it yet

Dude all I can say is congrats. I haven’t used either fighter (ones with the HMGs) that much yet but after spending after 20% more time in the zero fighter bomber than in the Corsair fighter bomber my zero was level 6 whilst my Corsair was still and is still at level 1 lol

I’ve just stopped using the corsairs because it just doesn’t work out for me and it’s driving me insane

I think the Corsair can kill a Zero, but only with a specialized build. F4U-1C. 6x HMGs. Supercharger. Smoke screen. 8x 3.5 inch rockets. Spotting scope. Finned barrels. The idea is boom and zoom. Climb high with the supercharger, spot them with the scope, then dive down and do an attack run on the Zero. If you can't kill him in a single pass, run and climb, using the supercharger. Not the most fun method, but I think the most effective if you have to kill a zero. This is just my idea given what I've seen and others have said.
  • mf_shro0m
    2263 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)

I think the Corsair can kill a Zero, but only with a specialized build. F4U-1C. 6x HMGs. Supercharger. Smoke screen. 8x 3.5 inch rockets. Spotting scope. Finned barrels.

The idea is boom and zoom. Climb high with the supercharger, spot them with the scope, then dive down and do an attack run on the Zero. If you can't kill him in a single pass, run and climb, using the supercharger. Not the most fun method, but I think the most effective if you have to kill a zero. This is just my idea given what I've seen and others have said.

That makes a lot of sense but ngl tho you’re right in that it does sound boring lol

Btw how do you use the scope?
  • M_Rat13
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I think the Corsair can kill a Zero, but only with a specialized build. F4U-1C. 6x HMGs. Supercharger. Smoke screen. 8x 3.5 inch rockets. Spotting scope. Finned barrels.

The idea is boom and zoom. Climb high with the supercharger, spot them with the scope, then dive down and do an attack run on the Zero. If you can't kill him in a single pass, run and climb, using the supercharger. Not the most fun method, but I think the most effective if you have to kill a zero. This is just my idea given what I've seen and others have said.

That makes a lot of sense but ngl tho you’re right in that it does sound boring lol

Btw how do you use the scope?

First person view, you have to aim in the targets direction. So I guess you have to see them first, but once spotted, it'll make staying on target easier. Tanks it works easier with a turret because you can just scan an area. Planes can't really do that.
  • StealthAria
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

First person view, you have to aim in the targets direction. So I guess you have to see them first, but once spotted, it'll make staying on target easier. Tanks it works easier with a turret because you can just scan an area. Planes can't really do that.

Freelook let's you scan for targets and zoom in to spot them. That's pretty much the entire point behind the canopy upgrade, they should've just merged the two into a single upgrade.
  • M_Rat13
    (Quote)

Freelook let's you scan for targets and zoom in to spot them. That's pretty much the entire point behind the canopy upgrade, they should've just merged the two into a single upgrade.

I don't really fly planes. I understand the principles, just my execution is poor. Only know of how it's used on tanks, so thank you.
  • NLBartmaN
    4109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LOL, after the server update of this morning, the Zero feels just as bad as the Corsair ...
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Feels like Zero can out stall and out turn the Corsair. Planes still do this thing where they just hang in the air at about 15 knots :s

Guns are not that great on the Corsair either, big regret going with the Corsairs 4x 20MM cannons instead of  4x LMGs Even the explosive cannons are weak fighter to fighter 

The tech trees need to do more to create a difference in performances. 
    I went with the 20mm HE Cannons on all but the A6M2 (since at the time I didn't actually know about it). Crap for fighter-to-fighter, but since all I wanted was to max level the planes I found the 20mms better since killing a bunch of infantry on an objective was far better for me than chasing tails of enemy fighters for 5 Minutes.
  • mf_shro0m
    edited November 2019
    (Quote)
    I went with the 20mm HE Cannons on all but the A6M2 (since at the time I didn't actually know about it). Crap for fighter-to-fighter, but since all I wanted was to max level the planes I found the 20mms better since killing a bunch of infantry on an objective was far better for me than chasing tails of enemy fighters for 5 Minutes.

Yeh I’ve realised that too and picked the HE autocannons for the planes of mine not on lvl6 lol. Dogfighting’s made even worse by the fact that some planes you come up against have improved manoeuvrability and so those fights just aren’t fair

They should make the buffed manoeuvrability a tier 1 unlock
  • mf_shro0m
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    LOL, after the server update of this morning, the Zero feels just as bad as the Corsair ...

I don’t understand why dice just wants dogfighting to be 💩 . First the March update and now this lol. Here’s an idea, make the corsairs as good as the Zero. Genius right? Some say I should be in Mensa

I get the feeling that dice is doing this because they think that this is the best way to make flying accessible to newbies, like you know, as opposed to making the default loadouts a better match for speced out planes 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • mf_shro0m
    (Quote)

So you just Center your screen on them?
  • ChickenTheTank
    814 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems to me like the corsair turns tightest with different pitch and yaw compared to other planes in the game. I've actually found corsair's to be wwwaaaaaayyyyyy more maneuverable than the zero once you learn the proper pitch, yaw, braking, and acceleration for it.

I am using the fighter variant though. I've been cleaning up the skies pretty easily on Iwo Jima, though I've been a competent pilot in every BF game since Coral Sea launched in 1942 :smile:
  • M_Rat13
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

I don’t understand why dice just wants dogfighting to be 💩 . First the March update and now this lol. Here’s an idea, make the corsairs as good as the Zero. Genius right? Some say I should be in Mensa

I get the feeling that dice is doing this because they think that this is the best way to make flying accessible to newbies, like you know, as opposed to making the default loadouts a better match for speced out planes 🤦🏼‍♂️
    Accessible to newbies? Planes fly like drunken boats, lol. Nothing newb friendly about that.
  • mf_shro0m
    (Quote)
    Accessible to newbies? Planes fly like drunken boats, lol. Nothing newb friendly about that.

It flattens the skill curve so better pilots have less of an advantage
  • M_Rat13
    (Quote)

It flattens the skill curve so better pilots have less of an advantage

It makes you a sitting duck for FFs.....
  • jroggs
    1091 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    The grind for planes is absurd. I've used them pretty much every chance I can and had a decent amount of success with them. For my time put in, three of my planes are have 1/4 progress on level 0, and my fourth has zero progress period.

It's pure hardcore play-to-win favoring no-lifer pilots. They'll max up their planes long before the rest of us will get anywhere and just outperform us with their categorically better aircraft rather than skill. This isn't a problem for infantry weapons or tanks, just planes. Terrible design.

Edit: And then I suddenly got good and leveled up two different planes in one match.
    Post edited by jroggs on
  • mf_shro0m
    edited November 2019
    (Quote)

It makes you a sitting duck for FFs.....

It makes everyone a sitting duck for FFs even better pilots

I said it makes things more accessible relatively