Difference between M95 and Type 99?

Comments

• The_BERG_366
    2788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)

So why do long range head shots feel easier in BF1. Especially with the G98.

as I said, the Gewehr 98 is faster till 280 meters... that's why.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

So why do long range head shots feel easier in BF1. Especially with the G98.

as I said, the Gewehr 98 is faster till 280 meters... that's why.

I'm talking 300+m though. And the G98 feeling better than the M1903 at those ranges.
  • The_BERG_366
    2788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I'm talking 300+m though. And the G98 feeling better than the M1903 at those ranges.

I mean i don't know why you feel the way you do. I can just tell you that the m1903 (for example) has faster bullet velocity at over 300 meters than the Gewehr 98. maybe you are simply more used to the Gewehr 98...i don't know.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I mean i don't know why you feel the way you do. I can just tell you that the m1903 (for example) has faster bullet velocity at over 300 meters than the Gewehr 98. maybe you are simply more used to the Gewehr 98...i don't know.

You are probably right. I always did have a special connection with that gun in particular. Guess I just don't tend to think about a gun like that, I prefer looking at stats to make my judgement. But the more I think about it, yeah, I enjoyed it with my heart, not just my head.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    According to Sym.gg the stats are nearly identical, except the type 99 falls short in terms of Damage.

Type 99 max damage is 75, and falloff starts at 20 meters and minimum damage is 60 at 60 meters

The m95 on the other hand does 80 damage up to 30 meters, and minimum damage of 66 at 60 meters

So really the Type 99 is a less good m95.

I think Dice should give the rifle a small buff, just something to make it stand out.

Maybe up the bullet velocity to 650, so it will be a bit better at range compared to the m95 and other HROF bolt actions

Or redue it’s damage models. Perhaps the max damage of 75 range could be extended to 40 meters with a steep drop to 60 at 60 meters

Either of these changes would set it a part from the m95 while not being overpowered.
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    According to Sym.gg the stats are nearly identical, except the type 99 falls short in terms of Damage.

Type 99 max damage is 75, and falloff starts at 20 meters and minimum damage is 60 at 60 meters

The m95 on the other hand does 80 damage up to 30 meters, and minimum damage of 66 at 60 meters

I think Dice should give the rifle a small buff, just something to make it stand out.

Maybe up the bullet velocity to 650, so it will be a bit better at range compared to the m95 and other HROF bolt actions

Or redue it’s damage models. Perhaps the max damage of 75 range could be extended to 40 meters with a steep drop to 60 at 60 meters

Either of these changes would set it a part from the m95 while not being overpowered.
    So another obsolete weapon that excels at nothing compared to the alternatives. Considering the hopeless mess they've made of the gun balance this doesn't surprise me at all.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula said:

So another obsolete weapon that excels at nothing compared to the alternatives. Considering the hopeless mess they've made of the gun balance this doesn't surprise me at all.
    Faster tactical reload than the m95 at the expense of 5 less damage at close range. It's not much, but it's something.
    But to be fair, there's not really that much they can do with new bolt actions that isn't already done by any of the other bolt actions.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll say it again, Type 99 has less bullet drop.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll say it again, Type 99 has less bullet drop.
    It doesn't unfortunately.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Faster tactical reload than the m95 at the expense of 5 less damage at close range. It's not much, but it's something.
    But to be fair, there's not really that much they can do with new bolt actions that isn't already done by any of the other bolt actions.

Well actually the M95 max damage of 80 goes to 30 meters
    The Type 99 max damage of 75 only goes to 20 meters
    So at 30 meters there’s actually a difference of 9 damage.
    The types 99 has the steepest drop off of any BA
    It’s minimum damage goes to 60
    While the m95 is 66

I also disagree. I think there’s lots they could do to the bolt actions.
    They could of used a bullet velocity that hasn’t been used before.
    Same goes for ROF

Or they could of changed up the Spec tree.
    Improve hip fire perhaps instead of Custom stock?
    Or Increase damage range instead of Machine bolt?
  • Art3misJinx
    (Quote)

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

I'm going to chuck the bullet drop off to placebo unless I see some hard evidence honestly. The m95 is my go to sniper and bullet drop seems the same to me.
    I agree with you on the other points. Especially the spec tree. They generally need to introduce more interesting things than the cookie cutter ones they have now. The last two options of the garand were a step in the right direction.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    (Quote)
    I'm going to chuck the bullet drop off to placebo unless I see some hard evidence honestly. The m95 is my go to sniper and bullet drop seems the same to me.
    I agree with you on the other points. Especially the spec tree. They generally need to introduce more interesting things than the cookie cutter ones they have now. The last two options of the garand were a step in the right direction.

Bullet drop seems identical to me.
    Both have a velocity of 600, and I don’t see any difference in the bullet drop.

Yeah the Garand changed things up a bit. Too bad they got lazy with the bolt actions
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

What are basing your opinion on?
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

What are basing your opinion on?
    What are you basing yours on? Symthic states that their bullet drops and muzzle velocity are identical.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    (Quote)

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

Yes, so why make a gun virtually the same except for less damage overall, and bigger damage dropoff? How is the, Arasaka balanced to make it competitive and different than the m95?

I'll tell you why. Its not the same. The Type 99 has less bullet drop. Aside from my experience with the m95, which is extensive, and the Krag, which even more extensive, I can just tell by using the Arasaka that it sits in between those two rifles as far as range/ bullet drop. The Krag, and m95 are/ were my two mains. I know the difference between these three bolt actions.

When I tried playing the Type 99, like the m95, I was constantly shooting over heads. I dont care what Robenter, and the YouTube guys say, play the weapon for awhile and you will see.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    (Quote)

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

Yes, so why make a gun virtually the same except for less damage overall, and bigger damage dropoff? How is the, Arasaka balanced to make it competitive and different than the m95?

I'll tell you why. Its not the same. The Type 99 has less bullet drop. Aside from my experience with the m95, which is extensive, and the Krag, which even more extensive, I can just tell by using the Arasaka that it sits in between those two rifles as far as range/ bullet drop. The Krag, and m95 are/ were my two mains. I know the difference between these three bolt actions.

When I tried playing the Type 99, like the m95, I was constantly shooting over heads. I dont care what Robenter, and the YouTube guys say, play the weapon for awhile and you will see.

Also, I can swear that I heard somewhere that the, Type 99 has a bullet velocity of 670. I cant remember who said it, but I know I heard it. If that is the case, that would explain the less bullet drop/ better range.
  • Hawxxeye
    7823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the  m95 can get a chrome skin
  • mf_shro0m
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Arasaka in, BF1 has literally no bullet drop, so it make sense to keep the 2 versions somewhat similar.

<Rosses and SMLEs cry in the background>
  • mf_shro0m
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ime the arisaka rounds have less drag which would compensate for the worse mag system
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Smell a lot of **** , symthic doesn't lie .