Weekly BF

Please DICE nerf all spotting gadget

«134
M1ck3y-XIX-
59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hi everyone, just DICE can you nerf the spotting in this game ?? the game become a joke, with all assist for noobs, i hope could limit spotting with RSP thks a lot .

Why nerf the spot ?? its simple, that work, throught batiment, throught smoke, throught brush, etcc its juste garbage..

Comments

  • CHAMMOND1992
    1186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 7
    Changed my mind on this the other day. Definitely needs a nerf, a cool down probably or less flares. 

    Shooting them down? Yeah, I did that over and over and over again. It's actually beneficial to just kill the person firing them or focus on the enemy than to actually shoot down the flares themselves.
  • Matty101yttam
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't like the flare's , the fire and forget nature is too much for the benefit it gives.
    Much prefer they buff the spotting scope and leave the flare's how they were.
    And when i say buff the spotting scope i mean by making the spots more visible to aircraft and have them show like medic revive icons on side of screen when out of view, as is the small icons get lost and unless the pilot is looking in the direction they may not even know the spots have been lit up.
  • xeNizKing
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 7
    VincentNZ said:
    It does not work through anything really. You are 3d spotted, when you are visible. In a game that has such a poor visibility it is pretty much needed. Besides the only spotting gadget really is the flare and is the direct teamplay gadget of the recon class. Like the medic pouch or the ammo crate, you might as well nerf them when you nerf the flare.
    There isn't any 3d spotting in the game. There is a difference to the spotting in BF5 and BF1/3/4
  • talhaONE
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flares makes recon barely viable.
  • VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing said:
    VincentNZ said:
    It does not work through anything really. You are 3d spotted, when you are visible. In a game that has such a poor visibility it is pretty much needed. Besides the only spotting gadget really is the flare and is the direct teamplay gadget of the recon class. Like the medic pouch or the ammo crate, you might as well nerf them when you nerf the flare.
    There isn't any 3d spotting in the game. There is a difference to the spotting in BF5 and BF1/3/4

    When you are in a flare radius you get 2D and 3D spotted. Hence you will have a dorito, when visible. This does not work through cover though, really. Once the top of your head is visible the spot icon will appear.
  • StingrayX
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi everyone, just DICE can you nerf the spotting in this game ?? the game become a joke, with all assist for noobs, i hope could limit spotting with RSP thks a lot .

    Why nerf the spot ?? its simple, that work, throught batiment, throught smoke, throught brush, etcc its juste garbage..
    You clearly haven't played the other BF titles because if you think spotting in this game is easy, let me tell ya something, haha
  • xeNizKing
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    xeNizKing said:
    VincentNZ said:
    It does not work through anything really. You are 3d spotted, when you are visible. In a game that has such a poor visibility it is pretty much needed. Besides the only spotting gadget really is the flare and is the direct teamplay gadget of the recon class. Like the medic pouch or the ammo crate, you might as well nerf them when you nerf the flare.
    There isn't any 3d spotting in the game. There is a difference to the spotting in BF5 and BF1/3/4

    When you are in a flare radius you get 2D and 3D spotted. Hence you will have a dorito, when visible. This does not work through cover though, really. Once the top of your head is visible the spot icon will appear.
    Yeah behind cover is what I mean't. Out in the Open sure it makes sense but you cannot only have 2d spotting in a 3d environment outside of cover it wouldn't work it would be pointless and serve no purpose other than to glue players eyes to the minimap lol.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game need a real extreme mode so the core mode could be balanced correctly ( slower TTK for 30hz servers or 3D spots like in old BF for example) and people like you will stop complain. 
  • InS_Hypno
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    Flares makes recon barely viable.
    Recon is viable without flares

    The po8 carbine, trench carbine, Zh-29 are all viable option for recon at close to mid range

    The flare however makes recon a game changer
  • xeNizKing
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Players complain about not being able to see anything. Players also complain about being spotted. Only conclusion I can come to is that players want to kill other players with ease and never die.
    Yep pretty much this. 

    I also concluded that most didn't want to use their brains while playing either because there was nothing wrong with the old spotting system in bf3/4 - literally it was a game of brain rather than aim which I loved as a level of Depth in the shooter. If you know you can always be marked and they know they can always be marked its a matter of tricking our opponent and reacting quickly forcing people to play smartly I adored that. Now that kind of stuff is gone and people just want to "hide" with no repercussions. its boring as hell.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    talhaONE said:
    Flares makes recon barely viable.
    Recon is viable without flares

    The po8 carbine, trench carbine, Zh-29 are all viable option for recon at close to mid range

    The flare however makes recon a game changer
    The point he was making was that flares are the only thing that makes recon worthwhile. Yes we can all kill people with recon weapons, but even then most are generally outclassed by the classes weapons on top of all the other utility they bring. 
  • InS_Hypno
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    talhaONE said:
    Flares makes recon barely viable.
    Recon is viable without flares

    The po8 carbine, trench carbine, Zh-29 are all viable option for recon at close to mid range

    The flare however makes recon a game changer
    The point he was making was that flares are the only thing that makes recon worthwhile. Yes we can all kill people with recon weapons, but even then most are generally outclassed by the classes weapons on top of all the other utility they bring. 
    You're obviously forgetting the spawn beacon

    You know the thing you can hide anywhere on the map that can let you, your squad mates and every other recon spawn on it?

     I rather have a useless recon class if it means not having to worry about a pocket map hack
  • olavafar
    1978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Camper spotted (pun intended).
  • mf_shro0m
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    Camper spotted (pun intended).

    +10 enemy spotted
  • VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing said:
    VincentNZ said:
    xeNizKing said:
    VincentNZ said:
    It does not work through anything really. You are 3d spotted, when you are visible. In a game that has such a poor visibility it is pretty much needed. Besides the only spotting gadget really is the flare and is the direct teamplay gadget of the recon class. Like the medic pouch or the ammo crate, you might as well nerf them when you nerf the flare.
    There isn't any 3d spotting in the game. There is a difference to the spotting in BF5 and BF1/3/4

    When you are in a flare radius you get 2D and 3D spotted. Hence you will have a dorito, when visible. This does not work through cover though, really. Once the top of your head is visible the spot icon will appear.
    Yeah behind cover is what I mean't. Out in the Open sure it makes sense but you cannot only have 2d spotting in a 3d environment outside of cover it wouldn't work it would be pointless and serve no purpose other than to glue players eyes to the minimap lol.
    Ah yeah, now I get ya. Oh you can have instances where you have one, but not the other. Although I would say that a 3D spot should always mean a 2D spot as well. Does a suppression spot also mark you on the minimap? Shooting your weapon unsuppressed did mark you on the map, in BF4, as did the T-UGS. I don't think it gave a 3D spot. I think, besides commander stuff and MAV the only 3D spots were through Q.
    Well playing the minimap is a tactical choice and there is little use in it unless the flares are used heavily. In previous BFs spotting was a tactical tool that also overcame sound and visual issues the game might have had. You might not be able to pinpoint a tank through audio, but with the 2D spot you could do it.
    In BFV this is not working. Just last round on PS I was aiming and shooting at a couple of things that I could not identify. I shot randomly at a manned AA and could not identify the target. I did get a random headshot so I just shot there again. 2 minutes later I shot at something that I still have no idea what it was, it was shooting and there was something there, could have been a stationary MG, a partially covered half-track or a infantry in an awkward prone pose. That was with a 3x scope, too.

  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Map like storm island is ininteresting in breatrought with the spotting the attacker can't hide in brush or more, the 3d spot detroy the tacticale game. we can spot ennemi in their spawn GG DICE, and the spotting in smoke JUST MAGIC !! 
Sign In or Register to comment.