Weekly BF

Great Dice you messed up the game

MrUn3elievable
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited November 8
I've been playing BF V from the beginning and while my stats are mediocre (got a real life too) I always was able to have some moments of success.
This changed completely with the new war theater.
All I see is planes spamming bombs, tanks that cannot be killed by a set of AT weapons (what's the idea of them than anyway?) and a ridiculously flamethrower that kills you instantly. Some idiots spamming grenades from the ships add up to the bad design.
So you better work on weapon balancing because the way it is now sucks bad!

And yes, I know that the pros (probably pilots with 100-0 scores) will disagree but if you try to see it from a non-hardcore-gamer perspective these maps are crap.
[title edited by moderation staff]
Post edited by ragnarok013 on

Comments

• jroggs
    675 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Counter planes with the Fliegerfaust.

AT weapons work just fine on the tanks.

The flamethrower is only a quick kill at very close range and is countered with absolutely anything.

No idea what you mean by "idiots spamming grenades from the ships." Like infantry with rifle grenades? Just shoot them.

You're welcome.
  • MrUn3elievable
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    jroggs said:

The flamethrower is only a quick kill at very close range and is countered with absolutely anything.

No idea what you mean by "idiots spamming grenades from the ships." Like infantry with rifle grenades? Just shoot them.

You're welcome.
    Might try the Fliegerfaust but the main word here is "try". The matches I've played so far, some killed the planes but that dind't really reduce the amount of bombs

Can you KILL a healthy tank with 2 bazookas? I can't and I've tried very often!

There seem to be some ships in pacific storm with active guns and I've been killed by a few funny guys doing nothing else than spamming their grenades over the map with these

Thanks
  • wasp9166
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i'm by no means any good , but what i do with tanks , dynamite on back, then rosket launcher , again in back

you gota hit a tank in the azz , always been this way 
  • MrUn3elievable
    I think it's not the right way that you need to get in touch with a tank in order to kill it. Again - why are there distance weapons available when they do not work with the ammunition you got? Let alone their historic models,,,
  • jroggs
    675 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:

You're welcome.
    Might try the Fliegerfaust but the main word here is "try". The matches I've played so far, some killed the planes but that dind't really reduce the amount of bombs

There seem to be some ships in pacific storm with active guns and I've been killed by a few funny guys doing nothing else than spamming their grenades over the map with these

Thanks
    The planes will never go away entirely, but Fliegerfausts will keep them honest.

Two Panzerfausts has never been enough to kill a tank. Like Wasp said, you want to get behind them and load them up with dynamite, blow that up, and then finish the job with your Panzerfaust/ PIAT and AT grenade.

As far as these "ship grenades" go, are you referring to the 40mm AA gun? Yeah, your only good counter to that would be a sniper rifle or a somewhat risky plane attack. It's easiest if you just note their position and stay out of the line of fire. 
  • DaMutha1
    1283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's not the right way that you need to get in touch with a tank in order to kill it. Again - why are there distance weapons available when they do not work with the ammunition you got? Let alone their historic models,,,
    You don't have to touch them.  You can toss dynamite a good 10 feet or so.  It's super easy to flank a tank, throw 3 dynamite on its azz (you remembered to get a 3rd at an ammo station, right?), fire a Piat at it, detonate the dynamite, throw your anti-tank grenade while reloading, piat again if needed.   It's almost too easy.    
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Fliegerfaust is really good against aircraft, and when hunting tanks stealth is the key it’s far better to take your time. Taking the long way round to get the tank by surprise is a faster kill than attacking it from the front.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    You don't have to touch them.  You can toss dynamite a good 10 feet or so.  It's super easy to flank a tank, throw 3 dynamite on its azz (you remembered to get a 3rd at an ammo station, right?), fire a Piat at it, detonate the dynamite, throw your anti-tank grenade while reloading, piat again if needed.   It's almost too easy.    
    Its even easier as support with 3 tank mines and shoot the mines.  I got a couple MVP's yesterday as support.  I'm liking the Bren as well.
  • trip1ex
    4955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    DaMutha1 said:
    ... (you remembered to get a 3rd at an ammo station, right?), ...
    I always forget to visit the general store in BFV.    I'm so used to Amazon.  I just get stuff shipped to me with a click.  It's difficult to go back to brick & mortar.  
  • JamieCurnock
    631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Its even easier as support with 3 tank mines and shoot the mines.  I got a couple MVP's yesterday as support.  I'm liking the Bren as well.

I've taken tanks out on my own using the grenade launcher on the support class. It's hard and I die more often than not but if you rock up with 3 loaded you can put the ammo crate down, hit the tank with 1 grenade, reload from the ammo crate then by the time you have used the next 3 grenades you can resupply from the ammo crate again, instantly put a new ammo crate down and get one from that too.

In the time it takes for the resupply cool down to run out once you can potentially hit a tank with 6 grenades, if placed right you can kill a tank, especially the lighter tanks.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Thanks

To kill a tank solo I recommend using bazooka, or Piat along with dynamite. The best way is to jump on top of them, drop your dynamite on the turret, and jump off and shoot the dynamite with your launcher.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Thanks

To kill a tank solo I recommend using bazooka, or Piat along with dynamite. The best way is to jump on top of them, drop your dynamite on the turret, and jump off and shoot the dynamite with your launcher.
    Just flick 3 tnt sticks, pop and then throw tank grenade and fire a piat.  Should be good to go.  Its easier with support tossing 3 tank mines and shoot them.