Weekly BF

Great Job on the new pacific maps. Absolutely spectacular.

Comments

• RayD_O1
    596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not a home yet but can anyone confirm if both pacific breakthrough and conquest rotations are still active? Or Dice has made another dumb move?
    Still alive on PC too, thankfully. :)
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good, good.
  • RayD_O1
    596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good, good.
    Aye indeed, there were loads of full servers hosting the new naps. its great to see so many players enjoying playing them. :)
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 7
    Not so fast, people. Dice is actually not that smart after all.

Now I wonder what's the point of naming this chapter "War in the Pacific" when in reality it is still some Pacific but mostly dumb old crap?
    Keep your crap together and let us enjoy these maps at least for the duration of the chapter.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Now I wonder what's the point of naming this chapter "War in the Pacific" when in reality it is still some Pacific but mostly dumb old crap?
    Keep your crap together and let us enjoy these maps at least for the duration of the chapter.

*Vader Nooooooooooo*
  • Zviko0
    1667 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hmm, only 1 week of Battlefield V left then. After that only god knows when I return again.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The new maps are pretty. That's literally it.

They play horrendously. Some of the worst maps I've ever played in a Battlefield game.

Yea, they suck. Especially Pacific Storm., which you better use an automatic weapon on.

They are both like stand out in the open and get killed. No real cover to either of them.

Definitely maps for get in your face combat with Medic, and assault fully auto's.
  • RayD_O1
    edited November 7

And what would be the point of that, the new map servers are rammed at the moment once they change them to 5 v 5 they will be virtually empty.

Way to shoot your self in the foot DICE. :(
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mean... they're in the regular server rotations sooooo...?
  • GeneralXIV
    258 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest, I don't really enjoy the new maps. I've played both on Conquest and Breakthrough now, and I think they will be something Ill avoid in future 

Iwo Jima is almost empty, and pretty flat with just some terrain bumps here and there. To me, on Conquest it just feels to lack... flow? Direction, maybe? A, B and C are fine, and D, E and F are fine... all work imo. But not together? It feels like it's split into two different pieces that don't fit together.

I actually had fun on Pacific Storm in Breakthrough, but it's a conquest problem again. Imo, there are too many bushes, and I just... find it a little boring? I enjoy the rain effect though. The storm is pretty.

Both maps don't really feel to have much atmosphere imo, they don't really give me the same vibe and emotion that the launch maps do. I think the only post-launch map I actually enjoy is Panzerstorm. Maybe an unpopular opinion idk...
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest, I don't really enjoy the new maps. I've played both on Conquest and Breakthrough now, and I think they will be something Ill avoid in future 

Iwo Jima is almost empty, and pretty flat with just some terrain bumps here and there. To me, on Conquest it just feels to lack... flow? Direction, maybe? A, B and C are fine, and D, E and F are fine... all work imo. But not together? It feels like it's split into two different pieces that don't fit together.

I actually had fun on Pacific Storm in Breakthrough, but it's a conquest problem again. Imo, there are too many bushes, and I just... find it a little boring? I enjoy the rain effect though. The storm is pretty.

Both maps don't really feel to have much atmosphere imo, they don't really give me the same vibe and emotion that the launch maps do. I think the only post-launch map I actually enjoy is Panzerstorm. Maybe an unpopular opinion idk...
    I think you have to appreciate Iwo Jima for reflecting that battle - in that sense the environment is very much classic.  And frankly one of things I love about BF maps (that a lot of other FPS games miss) is the terrain detail and how in most instances you can use it to maneuver, find defilade, regroup, etc.  Iwo Jima has plenty of options in that sense and if your team is working well together (infantry, tanks, air) it can make for a pretty epic attack/defend.  I cannot vouch for Conquest as I have not played it yet on the new maps because I've been so drawn to Breakthrough.  Pacific Storm to me is very much in the spirit of Paracel Storm with isolated islands that have strongpoints on them.  Again decent teamwork wins the day.  I don't know - I think they're great and much needed change of pace to previous maps, though I'm at the point now where I'm back to regular servers with the Pacific maps mixed in.  I too enjoy Panzerstorm and frankly the early maps have been so infantry focused (not a bad thing) that at this point we need a good streak of large vehicle maps to shift the overall balance to big, combined arms, WW2 warfare.
  • MrCamp121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cant wait til these pacific servers are gone. Complete waste of time logging in to 15/18 servers being those garbage conquest maps
  • PvtJohnTowle
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

They play horrendously. Some of the worst maps I've ever played in a Battlefield game.

Yea, they suck. Especially Pacific Storm., which you better use an automatic weapon on.

They are both like stand out in the open and get killed. No real cover to either of them.

Definitely maps for get in your face combat with Medic, and assault fully auto's.

Then you must be very bad player to say there is no cover when the green tropical bushes and vegetation you can get lost in and hide and ambush enemy
  • PvtJohnTowle
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GeneralXIV wrote: »

OMG caves are brilliant but you say empty? Ridiculous because so much going on in those caves and flanking around and entering to sneak up behind the enemy- just brilliant. Clearly no idea what you are talking about.
  • JamieCurnock
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No cover on the Pacific map!?!! Are you serious? There is cover literally everywhere.

I play fairly regularly using non-fully auto guns, have an absolute blast and end up with loads of kills whilst ptfo so no, you don't have to use an automatic weapon. That's nonsense.
  • ZuluWarGod
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just played 2 hours straight and have to say loads of fun. I'm actually enjoying bf5!!! Really happy, hopefully a reflection of things to come.