Weekly BF

Fliegerfaust Overpowered - DICE get your balancing straight!

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    Hawxxeye said:
    Meanwhile the tanker who is not camping on a (mostly) safe space but is trying to capture and defend objectives by being inside them...
    Assaults everywhere, who breed like rabbits inside the grassy hills and peek out from their holes to shoot while being protected by almost all the shots by the indestructible folliage

Yea, the foliage thing is utter bad game design. 

• TheyHaveScissors
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    luky31 said:
    Fliegerfaust is great weapon. Finally something usefull against planes. AA is very nerfed. DICE thanks for Fliegerfaust  and save it in thi condition.

It's still ineffective against ace pilots, they will simply take more distance just like they do with SAA. They cant be countered. DICE needs to think something up.
  • Hawxxeye
    5956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    luky31 said:
    Fliegerfaust is great weapon. Finally something usefull against planes. AA is very nerfed. DICE thanks for Fliegerfaust  and save it in thi condition.

It's still ineffective against ace pilots, they will simply take more distance just like they do with SAA. They cant be countered. DICE needs to think something up.
    Make them fight  each other! Servers with players whose kills as a pilot are more than 50% (placeholder number) their total kills would could be made to show up as a recommended servers for all the similar players.
    Maybe  put some sort of bounty system that targets tryhards as high value targets that give some sort of reward for taking them down.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • JamieCurnock
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've one shotted many planes since the FF came out, it's 100% possible if your close enough to the plane as it swoops by. You still need to be fairly accurate, reasonably near the plane as it passes and land all three short bursts on target though.

In breakthrough specifically, planes have been able to bomb objective areas over and over, most of the time virtually unchallenged for a long time now. Yes you have planes and AA as counters but a plane depends on having a skilled pilot on your team and the Aa guns are static, leaving you as a sitting duck for enemy infantry.

Also let's be honest, is it really any different to an infantry player dying to a random explosion, or a bush wookie camper, or a headshot from someone you couldn't see? Either way you will be back in a plane 30 seconds later bombing again. Infantry players put up with random one shot deaths, tank drivers put up with, well assault players, why should pilots have almost complete immunity?
  • VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've one shotted many planes since the FF came out, it's 100% possible if your close enough to the plane as it swoops by. You still need to be fairly accurate, reasonably near the plane as it passes and land all three short bursts on target though.
    Nah you haven't. It fires 9 rockets. This means max damage needs to be dividable by nine. You see a lot of 90s, 60s, 20s and 10s. When using it look at the "vehicle hit" score it will tell you a number of 90 or less. If you get a kill it will also always be for 90 or less. What people often confuse this with is the "Enemy hit +100" score you will always get when destroying a plane.
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Breakthrough means farming by all vehicles not only planes. Cause map area is tiny and funneled. Not a big deal to bomb blindly or shell people across the pond. It is not a gamemode where FF shines in particular, CQ is the problem debated here.
  • JamieCurnock
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Nah you haven't. It fires 9 rockets. This means max damage needs to be dividable by nine. You see a lot of 90s, 60s, 20s and 10s. When using it look at the "vehicle hit" score it will tell you a number of 90 or less. If you get a kill it will also always be for 90 or less. What people often confuse this with is the "Enemy hit +100" score you will always get when destroying a plane.

Got a recording at home showing me one shotting a plane, will upload later if I remember. won't say it's 100% as you're right, maybe someone else hit the plane too or maybe he was already damaged. All I know is it came in I hit it with all three FF rockets and got a kill. The replay doesn't look like anyone else hit the plane so I am assuming I got the full damage myself.

I have don't this on 5/6 occasions now but only bothered recording 1. Find it hard to believe that on every single occasion someone else hit the plane at the exact same time but it's possible I guess.
  • Hawxxeye
    5956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    Breakthrough means farming by all vehicles not only planes. Cause map area is tiny and funneled. Not a big deal to bomb blindly or shell people across the pond. It is not a gamemode where FF shines in particular, CQ is the problem debated here.
    The FFs are also more spread in CQ which means the chance that two people are near the dive point with an FF at the ready are also smaller, unless that team is cornered into a small minority of the objectives.
    I have eaten enough facefuls of fliegerfaust to know that if I am above 90  health I can survive the full load of one person (...that came out a bit weird)
  • VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Got a recording at home showing me one shotting a plane, will upload later if I remember. won't say it's 100% as you're right, maybe someone else hit the plane too or maybe he was already damaged. All I know is it came in I hit it with all three FF rockets and got a kill. The replay doesn't look like anyone else hit the plane so I am assuming I got the full damage myself.

I have don't this on 5/6 occasions now but only bothered recording 1. Find it hard to believe that on every single occasion someone else hit the plane at the exact same time but it's possible I guess.
    Yeah I am not trying to be disrespectful or anything, it is just very necessary to look at the precises scores, otherwise misinformation can spread and used as an argument for nerfs etc.. I have used it a lot with 60 kills so far and many shots fired and never saw anything beyond 90.
    A certain breed of pilots will just use that as a base of discussion even though it does not hold up. Take a look at this, it is a nice compilation of FF kills and you can see how the highest hit he gets is for 90:

• JamieCurnock
    (Quote)

Yeah I am not trying to be disrespectful or anything, it is just very necessary to look at the precises scores, otherwise misinformation can spread and used as an argument for nerfs etc.. I have used it a lot with 60 kills so far and many shots fired and never saw anything beyond 90.A certain breed of pilots will just use that as a base of discussion even though it does not hold up. Take a look at this, it is a nice compilation of FF kills and you can see how the highest hit he gets is for 90:

No disrespect taken at all mate, all good.

A question for you, if it's only a 90 hit why am I getting the kills? Im not a pilot so no idea if you can even fly on 10 health. Is this why? The damage is so severe it can't fly away?

If it was the case that it only does 90 damage then surely the plane wouldn't blow up on impact?
  • VincentNZ
    (Quote)

Yeah I am not trying to be disrespectful or anything, it is just very necessary to look at the precises scores, otherwise misinformation can spread and used as an argument for nerfs etc.. I have used it a lot with 60 kills so far and many shots fired and never saw anything beyond 90.A certain breed of pilots will just use that as a base of discussion even though it does not hold up. Take a look at this, it is a nice compilation of FF kills and you can see how the highest hit he gets is for 90:image

A question for you, if it's only a 90 hit why am I getting the kills? Im not a pilot so no idea if you can even fly on 10 health. Is this why? The damage is so severe it can't fly away?

If it was the case that it only does 90 damage then surely the plane wouldn't blow up on impact?
    Because someone else has already damaged the plane for at least 10 damage. That is why you get all the odd numbers for vehicle hit scores like 64, 37 and whatnot. Say a plane gets hit by an AA for 50 damage, it instant repairs for 33 and is up to 83 health again. He decides to make another pass before fully repairing and you hit it for 90. You get a kill, the score say you hit it for 83 and the thing explodes.
    I do not know how planes handle it, but if you take part damage your maximum health pool might be lower, that is how it was for tanks at least for a while. So you could not repair beyond X, when your turret got damaged.
    Many players will not spend 5 seconds to complete the last repair cycle for various reasons, they might not even notice it. And with a weapon that deals 90 damage max in a very short instance this will be deadly.
  • StealthAria
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Yeah I am not trying to be disrespectful or anything, it is just very necessary to look at the precises scores, otherwise misinformation can spread and used as an argument for nerfs etc.. I have used it a lot with 60 kills so far and many shots fired and never saw anything beyond 90.A certain breed of pilots will just use that as a base of discussion even though it does not hold up. Take a look at this, it is a nice compilation of FF kills and you can see how the highest hit he gets is for 90:

Looks like I'll need an assistant to prove how much bull this guy is spouting. Anyone on Xbox willing to help capture just how much difference there is between vehicle damage score and actual damage dealt?

I know for a fact you can kill planes from 100% without a full 100 points for damage. The AA on Pacific Storm proved that; 96 damage for the destroy on a freshly spawned Corsair.
  • ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

You can usually still fly at 10hp still but you'll most likely be disabled and easy to finish off unless you can get away (it's why I'm so OCD about being at full health lol).

Having been on the receiving end of the FF many times now, I've not yet died at full health from a single barrage, but have been knocked down to 10hp lots and browned my pants haha.
  • JamieCurnock
    (Quote)

Because someone else has already damaged the plane for at least 10 damage. That is why you get all the odd numbers for vehicle hit scores like 64, 37 and whatnot. Say a plane gets hit by an AA for 50 damage, it instant repairs for 33 and is up to 83 health again. He decides to make another pass before fully repairing and you hit it for 90. You get a kill, the score say you hit it for 83 and the thing explodes.I do not know how planes handle it, but if you take part damage your maximum health pool might be lower, that is how it was for tanks at least for a while. So you could not repair beyond X, when your turret got damaged.
    Many players will not spend 5 seconds to complete the last repair cycle for various reasons, they might not even notice it. And with a weapon that deals 90 damage max in a very short instance this will be deadly.

Thats what I thought, seems strange that this has happened on every occasion I've taken a plane down though? I mean what your saying makes total sense but it seems unlikely that happened on every occasion, I'm not going to protest I'm right though as I honestly don't know and this is the best answer I've seen so good enough for me.

I only ever use them if a pilot is continually hammering a breakthrough objective so haven't spent loads of time with it. Either way it's nice to finally have a counter to planes other than trekking over to an AA gun and then get blasted by an infantry player hiding near by.
  • ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Because someone else has already damaged the plane for at least 10 damage. That is why you get all the odd numbers for vehicle hit scores like 64, 37 and whatnot. Say a plane gets hit by an AA for 50 damage, it instant repairs for 33 and is up to 83 health again. He decides to make another pass before fully repairing and you hit it for 90. You get a kill, the score say you hit it for 83 and the thing explodes.I do not know how planes handle it, but if you take part damage your maximum health pool might be lower, that is how it was for tanks at least for a while. So you could not repair beyond X, when your turret got damaged.

Thats what I thought, seems strange that this has happened on every occasion I've taken a plane down though? I mean what your saying makes total sense but it seems unlikely that happened on every occasion, I'm not going to protest I'm right though as I honestly don't know and this is the best answer I've seen so good enough for me.

I only ever use them if a pilot is continually hammering a breakthrough objective so haven't spent loads of time with it. Either way it's nice to finally have a counter to planes other than trekking over to an AA gun and then get blasted by an infantry player hiding near by.

Well to be fair maybe it does at extreme close range. Could do with some experimenting probably. Next time I'm on when you are I'll try to get on the other side so you can clay pigeon shoot me.
  • Sapelogue
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    luky31 said:

It's still ineffective against pilot who takes 0 risk*

As soon as you start to fly agressively, you will get shot down. There's no skill involved, that's just guessing where fliegerfausts are.
  • Hawxxeye
    Sapelogue said:
    luky31 said:

It's still ineffective against pilot who takes 0 risk*

As soon as you start to fly agressively, you will get shot down. There's no skill involved, that's just guessing where fliegerfausts are.
    If you like we are open to ideas on how to balance the detrimental effect that ace pilots have to the opposing team without cheap gadgets.
  • VincentNZ
    (Quote)

Well the engagement window is generally very small. You only have a couple of seconds. Naturally everyone will enagage in that window with a FF. Also do not forget AAs and other planes that can damage planes and at long ranges, too. And keep in mind you only need damage of 10 to possibly secure a kill with a full FF hit.
  • JamieCurnock
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    (Quote)

Well to be fair maybe it does at extreme close range. Could do with some experimenting probably. Next time I'm on when you are I'll try to get on the other side so you can clay pigeon shoot me.

Clay pigeon shooting it is!

The video I have the plane flew directly over me, probably 20 ft above at a guess so it was as close as you could get. Will check the recording for the damage tho.

• snavelaer
    1037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fliegerfaust is hardly a problem for aces but the AA on the pacific is powerfull and the real threat in the hands of a good AA operator.

Keep this in mind when dealing with aces.

Don’t stare to the sky with the FF but use the pacific stationairy AA.