Weekly BF

ok, so conquest sucks, or is it me

wasp9166
76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
feels like an exercise sim, spend 90%  of time running from a to b, to get 12 kills , if you try and defend , you're lucky there is anyone else with you, and you get over run by 12 dudes lol, please stop this hot garbage and bring back breakthrough  

rant over  :disappointed:

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well Conquest is the trademark mode. And BT has never gone either. You can play all maps on BT on all times, and this mode has a whole set of individual issues.
  • Agrioxiros
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe learn to blame the right people for the right things?
    How is EA to blame for that? I agree that sadly conquest sucks... BUT the fault is entirely on this community.
    With every iteration after Bad Company 2, "tactical" gameplay was getting worst and worst, to this point.
    EA has made it so you win double points for every defence action.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 said:
    feels like an exercise sim, spend 90%  of time running from a to b, to get 12 kills , if you try and defend , you're lucky there is anyone else with you, and you get over run by 12 dudes lol, please stop this hot garbage and bring back breakthrough  

Check your map for transports.

Theyre nearly always there. use them.

And frankly, I never mind to run 150-200 meters.
  • wasp9166
    Maybe learn to blame the right people for the right things?
    How is EA to blame for that? I agree that sadly conquest sucks... BUT the fault is entirely on this community.
    With every iteration after Bad Company 2, "tactical" gameplay was getting worst and worst, to this point.
    EA has made it so you win double points for every defence action.
    not blaming anyone , just how i feel and hoping i don't have to play it after this week lol   
  • ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    not blaming anyone , just how i feel and hoping i don't have to play it after this week lol   

If you try the server browser you should find quite a few BT games. I could be wrong but it sounds like you're maybe matchmaking to the Conquest playlist.

There's also matchmaking for the BT Pacific rotations, but I cant remember what it's called right now.
  • JamieCurnock
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    I found this too. To me it seemed to change with bf1, I don't remember a huge amount of zerging on bf4. Maybe that's rose tinted glasses though.
  • wasp9166
    edited November 8
    wasp9166 said:

Check your map for transports.

Theyre nearly always there. use them.

And frankly, I never mind to run 150-200 meters.
    problem with most transports is its a fire oven , they get smoked by driving right into a deathtrap  lol

as i burn i'm always yelling, wtf are you doing ??   lol
  • wasp9166
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

If you try the server browser you should find quite a few BT games. I could be wrong but it sounds like you're maybe matchmaking to the Conquest playlist.

There's also matchmaking for the BT Pacific rotations, but I cant remember what it's called right now.
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

where is there a server browser on ps4?  i dl the game friday , i just see server info , squads and what not 
  • JamieCurnock
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    I'm on Xbox but should be the same. go to multiplayer and then on the right hand side underneath all the different game modes it says server list or something to that effect. Selecting that brings up all the servers that are populated. If you press triangle (I think) it brings up the search settings. If you change the settings you can search for a specific game mode or map etc.

Also, welcome to battlefield, hope you enjoy it!
  • wasp9166
    I'm on Xbox but should be the same. go to multiplayer and then on the right hand side underneath all the different game modes it says server list or something to that effect. Selecting that brings up all the servers that are populated. If you press triangle (I think) it brings up the search settings. If you change the settings you can search for a specific game mode or map etc.

Also, welcome to battlefield, hope you enjoy it!
    i have all my profile, armory etc on left hand side , they i just click on the first box, the pacific box .....is there more multi i'm not seeing?
  • JamieCurnock
    Yes. Rather than select Pacific select the top option in that list, I think it's says 'play now' or something, it's above 'your company'. That takes you to a new page where you select multiplayer, that takes you to another page that has the game mode listed on the right hand side with server option at the bottom of that list.

And yes you guessed it, dice are really bad at designing UI for their games which is why there are so many damn steps to find a game!
  • ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    i have all my profile, armory etc on left hand side , they i just click on the first box, the pacific box .....is there more multi i'm not seeing?

Like Jamie said, you'd need to select 'play' on the first menu, then 'multiplayer' and one the next screen you should see 'advanced search' at the bottom of the list on the right.

From there you just need to select the gamemode you want, your region and change the player count to 'none' and '1-5', as that'll show you populated matches :)
  • JamieCurnock
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    (Quote)

Like Jamie said, you'd need to select 'play' on the first menu, then 'multiplayer' and one the next screen you should see 'advanced search' at the bottom of the list on the right.

From there you just need to select the gamemode you want, your region and change the player count to 'none' and '1-5', as that'll show you populated matches :)

Advanced search! That was what I was trying to think of! Nice one mate.
  • wasp9166
    awesome man , ty so much ,i miss the obvious sometimes , i'm 53 , as you can imagine i'm not good visually or reactively , so i have to play to those weaknesses 

there is always some mfer i didn't see tho lol 

i watch vids like azura and even watching the vid i don't see the guys , i'm sure having 20/200 vision and being 20 yrs old lets you get the jump on guys , ah life goes on 
  • JamieCurnock
    awesome man , ty so much ,i miss the obvious sometimes , i'm 53 , as you can imagine i'm not good visually or reactively , so i have to play to those weaknesses 

there is always some mfer i didn't see tho lol 

i watch vids like azura and even watching the vid i don't see the guys , i'm sure having 20/200 vision and being 20 yrs old lets you get the jump on guys , ah life goes on 

Nah you didn't miss the obvious, dice made it harder than it needs to be!

Have fun.
  • Caramac_D
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hardly ever play it. Squad spawning turned conquest into a confusing chaotic mess imho. Breakthrough is chaotic but at least you know roughly where the enemy are coming from. How about a flag spawn only version on conquest pls Dice.
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does BF even have a great mode any more?      Conquest became Zerg and ring around the rosie etc.  And just got worse. 

And BT gets so repetitive and monotonous.   And even  suffers from Zerg many times.  

• Tip_the_Cap
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not to mention it's totally unrealistic. Can you imagine real solders doing all that running around in circles? 😂🤣😂
  • Noodlesocks
    3036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've always preferred conquest in Battlefield games but I just don't think most of the maps in BFV are well designed in conquest. There isn't that sense of a frontline I get from older games. Most maps in BFV feel circular in design, leading to a very round about, flag hopping gameplay; often 4 flags circling a central flag. I feel this also leads to a lot of wasted space in a lot of maps.

It's one of the reasons I mostly played Frontlines when it was still available and why I really only play Breakthrough now. I haven't even tried Al Sundan or the Pacific maps in conquest yet.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've always preferred conquest in Battlefield games but I just don't think most of the maps in BFV are well designed in conquest. There isn't that sense of a frontline I get from older games. Most maps in BFV feel circular in design, leading to a very round about, flag hopping gameplay; often 4 flags circling a central flag. I feel this also leads to a lot of wasted space in a lot of maps. It's one of the reasons I mostly played Frontlines when it was still available and why I really only play Breakthrough now. I haven't even tried Al Sundan or the Pacific maps in conquest yet.

Frontlines is great, they need to bring it back.