Rented Servers when?

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to rent a server if only for a few hours just so that I can make an updated glint video without random blueberries shooting at me while filming.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    And on titles previous to BF1, no official servers exist anymore.
    Coming to BF1 SOON™ I expect. Then lets see how he feels about rented servers.

"Official" servers in BF4 were rented servers, they were not run by EA. In Official servers the operators had very little control, but they agreed to that on the theory that players using quick-match would be placed in those servers so they would always be populated, and players who didn't like rules would go there. But somehow huge numbers of players still gravitated to Ranked servers because they didn't like playing with cheaters or trolls or griefers, imagine that. You always had the choice to play in Official serves, but now you have no choice. Don't like that map? Too bad. Blatant cheater emptying the server and you were having a good round? Too bad. Now it's one size fits all, take it or leave it.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah right, the problem is me when some cu*t admin nukes my whole team at the beginning of an operation metro game to give his team an advantage or when I get thrown into the losing team at the end of a round just because, or when an admin tasks my sniper slot that I had from the beginning of the game away because I was doing too good with it that round. Just **** off, don't tell me that the problem is me.

Amazing, all the admin abuse this guy experienced, things most of us managed not to encounter no matter how many hours we played. But on those rare occasions when we did find an obnoxious admin or a clan with rules that were just too weird, somehow we managed to figure out the solution--we didn't go to that server anymore. I wonder why that never occurred to him?

• DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yeah right, the problem is me when some cu*t admin nukes my whole team at the beginning of an operation metro game to give his team an advantage or when I get thrown into the losing team at the end of a round just because, or when an admin tasks my sniper slot that I had from the beginning of the game away because I was doing too good with it that round. Just **** off, don't tell me that the problem is me.

Amazing, all the admin abuse this guy experienced, things most of us managed not to encounter no matter how many hours we played. But on those rare occasions when we did find an obnoxious admin or a clan with rules that were just too weird, somehow we managed to figure out the solution--we didn't go to that server anymore. I wonder why that never occurred to him?

Agreed.

And to think that EA listens to these poor babies. But not only that, EA traded a few badmins for a lot of cheaters, racists, and malicious players.

Great job, EA!

• Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    procon i miss you
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    any news on Rented Servers yet for BFV??

I heard there was some talk about it should be this month, but can someone from (mods or EA/Dice) please PLEASE!!!! provide an answer or provide a link so I can follow the link???

• GloriousRepublic
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    any news on Rented Servers yet for BFV??
    I heard there was some talk about it should be this month, but can someone from (mods or EA/Dice) please PLEASE!!!! provide an answer or provide a link so I can follow the link???

It would be nice if it happens. Every server I join dies after a game or two. So annoying. RSP running in demand maps so they stay full would be sublime.
  • G-Gnu
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Soon ™
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    Soon ™

Soon?? would you happen to have a link or a date which would help???
  • Jaskaman
    721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    Soon ™

It's not confirmed yet, so we can't give any links either :)
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe December with Wake Island.  Or January at the latest.
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want a server so I can make it hardcore mode.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    Soon ™

Welcome to the internet!
  • GloriousRepublic
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Well last May they said end of summer and were in mid November so I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • GloriousRepublic
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    (Quote)
    It's not confirmed yet, so we can't give any links either :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/battlefield-5-is-getting-rental-servers-later-this-year/
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    While badmins are always a potential issue, I've only ever encountered a handful in all my time playing Battlefield. You gotta keep in mind these are people that have paid to tailor the game to their own specifications/preferences. If you dont like a rule you can leave. Hopefully if they add in RSP, DICE should have a very clear check for custom servers and official servers in the server browser. I hated how servers worked in BF1 and would like it to be streamlined a bit more.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Well last May they said end of summer and were in mid November so I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Well it didn't help Al Sundan conquest was broken and took extra man power to fix that.  Besides they went after bugs instead of forcing out RSP on time.  They even merged them two updates.
  • DrunkwoIf
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The fact this game launched without rented servers was a big downfall. Everybody knows player ran servers are 99% better than public servers dependence on some stupid anti-cheat that doesnt work. Well ran servers get reputations for being a fair place to play and draw good players looking for fun against people not cheating. yes there is allways the chance you get a admin that unfairly bans somebody, and those servers that get bad reps for it lose players. and that is still better than dealing with ++IhackeliteUcryscrub++ going 500-2 every round and nobody can do anything about it.
  • BtheReaper49
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully NEVER. You want to go back to the days of getting kicked/banned from servers for playing too good? Yeah no thanks. People can't handle the responsibility of being an admin unfortunately. There should be one reason and one reason only to kick/ban someone: hacking. And by "hacking" I mean SOLID PROOF someone is hacking. And someone being better than you is not hacking, sorry.

This!!
    Me and a couple of friends were playing some BF4 recently and the admin kicked my buddy just because he shot down the admins helicopter. Total D-Bag...
    If that's the way RSP should work then forget it...
  • EdwinSpangler
    1842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully NEVER. You want to go back to the days of getting kicked/banned from servers for playing too good? Yeah no thanks. People can't handle the responsibility of being an admin unfortunately. There should be one reason and one reason only to kick/ban someone: hacking. And by "hacking" I mean SOLID PROOF someone is hacking. And someone being better than you is not hacking, sorry.

admin kicked my buddy just because he shot down the admins helicopter.
    If that's the way RSP should work then forget it...

Its not...