Weekly BF

DICE please dont replace the Conquest / BT Pacific rotations

13»

Comments

• RayD_O1
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    DICE definitely needs to create more rotations, we have 15 maps now that are in standard conquest, which means the ones I actually want to play are getting scarce. I am constantly forced to play Aerodrome, Narvik and Panzerstorm, and rarely maps that to do not make my blood boil when loading.
    Yeah everyone has maps they hate. That is why it is so nice to have the Pacific rotation no problem queuing or grinding out maps you don't want to play.
  • GenesisMD5745
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    Sounds like I'll be doing a lot of server hopping. DICE is seriously going to remove one of the most successful rotations for some silly 5 v 5 mode that nobody will care about? Typical DICE logic.
    Server hopping and queueing, frustrating. !!!
    I expect to see lots of servers with 8-10+ queues with players trying to play one of the maps before the Pacific maps. Depending on what map you join, by the time you finally join, the match for the map you want to play on will be over or almost over.

Thanks, DICE for giving us what we truly want. 5 v 5 Squad Conquest! Get rid of those nasty Conquest rotations with big maps and lots of vehicles and 64 players. They don't represent what Battlefield is anymore.

Seriously though, it's going to be hard going back to the old maps. There's only a few that I can still enjoy unfortunately.
  • RayD_O1
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    Sounds like I'll be doing a lot of server hopping. DICE is seriously going to remove one of the most successful rotations for some silly 5 v 5 mode that nobody will care about? Typical DICE logic.
    Server hopping and queueing, frustrating. !!!
    I expect to see lots of servers with 8-10+ queues with players trying to play one of the maps before the Pacific maps. Depending on what map you join, by the time you finally join, the match for the map you want to play on will be over or almost over.

Thanks, DICE for giving us what we truly want. 5 v 5 Squad Conquest! Get rid of those nasty Conquest rotations with big maps and lots of vehicles and 64 players. They don't represent what Battlefield is anymore.

Seriously though, it's going to be hard going back to the old maps. There's only a few that I can still enjoy unfortunately.
    Yeah I agree, at the moment its fun, plenty of well populated Pacific servers. 

From next Thursday the drudge of trying to play these popular maps begins.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a perfect solution but it's something at least.

• BeastofBourbon84
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe I'm old but since when is friggin Twitter the #1 source for game news?

Thx for the update man.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    Maybe I'm old but since when is friggin Twitter the #1 source for game news?

Thx for the update man.

Dice is lazy or simply has no will to post anything here. So we have to rely on other sources.

• RayD_O1

Agreed not perfect but much better than queueing the normal rotation, it appears they listened to us so thanks DICE.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just the tip daddy dice...
  • MrCamp121
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol queue of 8 on arras right now. Yep pacific is great........
  • GenesisMD5745
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'll gladly accept that.

Besides, I've kind of grown to enjoy the Breakthrough mode on these maps. Seems DICE has listened to us.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    Breakthrough > Conquest that's all
  • RayD_O1
    So the new Pacific War rotation runs from next Thursday through until December. 

We get the Wake Island map in December so they can run all 3 maps in their own rotation from then until...……...

Maybe permanently. ?  :)
  • Kattegat_Twin
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @RayD_O1 Oh man, I hope so.
  • RayD_O1
    edited November 8
    @RayD_O1 Oh man, I hope so.
    Me too, if it remains popular you just never know. :)
  • RayD_O1
    edited November 9
    https://new.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/dtgn0a/playlists_in_the_pacific_what_will_change_next/

This gives a bit more detail about their plans for playlists going forward etc and is worth a read.

I particularly liked the line  -
    When 5.2 launches, we'll talk about how the playlists change, but to be absolutely clear, we can see how much you're loving playing on the Pacific and we'll do what we can to keep you where you want to be!

Sounds promising.

I think DICE has listened to the message we sent as players. :)

On a different note, I feel these sort of updates should be posted here on the official; forums. There is a lot of interaction going
    on that we never see unless we follow Reddit, Twitter etc. 

• GrizzGolf
    1059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just add underground more 
  • RayD_O1
    GrizzGolf said:
    Just add underground more 
    It wouldn't surprise me if they gave Underground a Conquest / BT rotation just like they did when it first came out, it is also very popular.
  • GenesisMD5745
    RayD_O1 said:
    https://new.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/dtgn0a/playlists_in_the_pacific_what_will_change_next/

This gives a bit more detail about their plans for playlists going forward etc and is worth a read.

When 5.2 launches, we'll talk about how the playlists change, but to be absolutely clear, we can see how much you're loving playing on the Pacific and we'll do what we can to keep you where you want to be!

Sounds promising.

On a different note, I feel these sort of updates should be posted here on the official; forums. There is a lot of interaction going

Thanks for sharing the info. Agreed that they should be posting this on the official forums here. Maybe they don't since sites like Reddit and Twitter get a lot more attention. The forums here are pretty much forgotten about unfortunately.
  • RayD_O1
    RayD_O1 said:

Sounds promising.

Thanks for sharing the info. Agreed that they should be posting this on the official forums here. Maybe they don't since sites like Reddit and Twitter get a lot more attention. The forums here are pretty much forgotten about unfortunately.
    Yes they do get more attention.  I just feel information like the above should be posted on here at the same time, especially as there was a thread
    asking for the playlist to be kept.

It just always feels a bit like second hand news by the time it appears on here and it's usually been linked from other sites.