Weekly BF

Gentlemen Players still exist in this era (!)

Hawxxeye
5956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
When you are used most interactions with the enemy team on chat being neutral to very hostile and salty, it feels really refreshing and shocking to encounter someone who is is eager to actually say something nice.
At the start our squad cannot believe that the man was not sarcastic but he was seriously praising the other team (ours) for a game well played.
I can picture a lot of the guys jaws hitting the floor in that lobby.
At least one person in the lobby wanted to make friends with him after that :)
I just had to record this for posterity, to remember that human decency can still sometimes survive even in a Player vs Player situation.

Comments

• Art3misJinx
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope you remembered to tip your fedora to him.
  • Jalkasoturi
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gentleman is endangered species indeed :o
  • disposalist
    8661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I often compliment the other team if they put up a good fight and if it was a challenging game.

Even from a selfish point of view it's good to do that, because then they will hopefully stay in the server for the next game.

But, yeah, most people appear to think that a pixel fight means your pixel enemies need to be insulted like you're picking a fight in a playground.
  • Godmodegta
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    usually reply thank you, too player go out way too revive me.
  • viper63x
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
    what is "vanker cheats on both sides"?
  • M_Rat13
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This only applies to allies, but if you are Medic, and revive a lot of people, you end up getting revived yourself a lot. People appreciate someone who runs head first into a fire fight to revive people (smoke is a literal life saver in this role).
  • Hawxxeye
    5956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope you remembered to tip your fedora to him.
    This deserves tipping a top hat
  • IIPrest0nII
    1894 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Moved to Screenshots & Video Sharing section.
  • Hawxxeye
    Moved to Screenshots & Video Sharing section.
    I did not knew we had such a  section , thanks for pointing that out
  • IIPrest0nII
    1894 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I know you'd prefer to keep your topic in General section, but since we have Video Sharing section I had to move the topic.
  • Hawxxeye
    I know you'd prefer to keep your topic in General section, but since we have Video Sharing section I had to move the topic.
    It is not that bad as it is less likely to get buried there too, I am just wondering if enough people know  about that section.