Weekly BF

Difference between M95 and Type 99?

Comments

• jroggs
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Faster tactical reload than the m95 at the expense of 5 less damage at close range. It's not much, but it's something.
    But to be fair, there's not really that much they can do with new bolt actions that isn't already done by any of the other bolt actions.

Well actually the M95 max damage of 80 goes to 30 meters
    The Type 99 max damage of 75 only goes to 20 meters
    So at 30 meters there’s actually a difference of 9 damage.
    The types 99 has the steepest drop off of any BA
    It’s minimum damage goes to 60
    While the m95 is 66

I also disagree. I think there’s lots they could do to the bolt actions.
    They could of used a bullet velocity that hasn’t been used before.
    Same goes for ROF

Or they could of changed up the Spec tree.
    Improve hip fire perhaps instead of Custom stock?
    Or Increase damage range instead of Machine bolt?

Yes, so why make a gun virtually the same except for less damage overall, and bigger damage dropoff? How is the, Arasaka balanced to make it competitive and different than the m95?

I'll tell you why. Its not the same. The Type 99 has less bullet drop. Aside from my experience with the m95, which is extensive, and the Krag, which even more extensive, I can just tell by using the Arasaka that it sits in between those two rifles as far as range/ bullet drop. The Krag, and m95 are/ were my two mains. I know the difference between these three bolt actions.

When I tried playing the Type 99, like the m95, I was constantly shooting over heads. I dont care what Robenter, and the YouTube guys say, play the weapon for awhile and you will see.

Also, I can swear that I heard somewhere that the, Type 99 has a bullet velocity of 670. I cant remember who said it, but I know I heard it. If that is the case, that would explain the less bullet drop/ better range.
    So your whole argument is "never mind the people who actually datamine and research this stuff, I'm right because I say so and maybe I think I also heard it somewhere."
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Faster tactical reload than the m95 at the expense of 5 less damage at close range. It's not much, but it's something.
    But to be fair, there's not really that much they can do with new bolt actions that isn't already done by any of the other bolt actions.

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

Yes, so why make a gun virtually the same except for less damage overall, and bigger damage dropoff? How is the, Arasaka balanced to make it competitive and different than the m95?

I'll tell you why. Its not the same. The Type 99 has less bullet drop. Aside from my experience with the m95, which is extensive, and the Krag, which even more extensive, I can just tell by using the Arasaka that it sits in between those two rifles as far as range/ bullet drop. The Krag, and m95 are/ were my two mains. I know the difference between these three bolt actions.

When I tried playing the Type 99, like the m95, I was constantly shooting over heads. I dont care what Robenter, and the YouTube guys say, play the weapon for awhile and you will see.

I think the developers overlooked it.
    I won’t be surprised if the type 99 gets a small buff.

There is no difference in Bullet drop. Both are identical.
    Check out sym it’s the new Symthik site
    They lay out extensive stats of each weapon, and you can compare them

https://sym.gg/
  • The_BERG_366
    2409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

I would normally support such a statement but when I tried the type 99 it felt like it had significantly faster bullet velocity than the Gewehr 95. normally I find the explanation of why something feels the way it does in the stats but not here. so either Im just being deceived by something or the stats aren't the ones applicable to the version of the game I play.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

I would normally support such a statement but when I tried the type 99 it felt like it had significantly faster bullet velocity than the Gewehr 95. normally I find the explanation of why something feels the way it does in the stats but not here. so either Im just being deceived by something or the stats aren't the ones applicable to the version of the game I play.

It doesn’t.
    Velocity and bullet drop are identical.
    Could be the sound of the rifle that is giving you the perception of a faster bullet or less drop
  • The_BERG_366
    2409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

It doesn’t.
    Could be the sound of the rifle that is giving you the perception of a faster bullet or less drop

no...
    I normally use the m95 and found that I have to remind myself to lead less when using the type 99.
    also I can read the stats myself, thank you, I know what they say.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    (Quote)

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

It doesn’t.

no...
    I normally use the m95 and found that I have to remind myself to lead less when using the type 99.

Well you are wrong.
    If you wanna base weapon stats off of “feelings” and “gut instincts”
    I can also do that.
    I’ve put in close to 1000 hours into this game, and extensively play recon.
    I can see virtually no difference between the two, when it comes to leading shots.

I bet the sound and different scopes are playing tricks on you, and you perceive it to be different.

• Terminator000001
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Which begs the question, why use anything else?

Because playing meta is for casuals.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not saying anyone is lying, but everyone is capable of making mistakes.

The 99 plays differently/better for me than the m95, and we'll just leave it at that.
  • Art3misJinx
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not saying anyone is lying, but everyone is capable of making mistakes.

The 99 plays differently/better for me than the m95, and we'll just leave it at that.
    The only people making "mistakes" is you and everyone else claiming bs when the actual stats doesn't lie.
  • StealthAria
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 wrote: »
    Smell a lot of **** , symthic doesn't lie .

It does, unfortunately. In BFV they decided that not all of a guns stats are determined by the gun or its ammo, for example the Boys and PzB have the same ballistic stats but the PzB ends up shooting significantly flatter than the Boys. You'll also find that guns with similar recoil numbers in different categories (eg comparing an AR and SMG) will often have vastly different behavior.
  • mf_shro0m
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m a bit confused about the new sym stats. That number under bullet velocity’s drag right? How come it’s there for all guns even ARs and SMGs, I thought they didn’t have drag?
  • mf_shro0m
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It does, unfortunately. In BFV they decided that not all of a guns stats are determined by the gun or its ammo, for example the Boys and PzB have the same ballistic stats but the PzB ends up shooting significantly flatter than the Boys.

I’ve noticed that too. Any idea why that is?
  • Art3misJinx
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m a bit confused about the new sym stats. That number under bullet velocity’s drag right? How come it’s there for all guns even ARs and SMGs, I thought they didn’t have drag?
    All the guns have drag.
  • StealthAria
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It does, unfortunately. In BFV they decided that not all of a guns stats are determined by the gun or its ammo, for example the Boys and PzB have the same ballistic stats but the PzB ends up shooting significantly flatter than the Boys.

They have multipliers coded into the engine somewhere probably, my guess would be server-side.

It's probably their way of trying to avoid backlash over their balancing BS.
    A lot of the changes they've made have been nothing more than placebos, especially all the "nerfs" they say they did to Assault.
  • The_BERG_366
    (Quote)

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

It doesn’t.

no...

Well you are wrong.
    If you wanna base weapon stats off of “feelings” and “gut instincts”
    I can also do that.
    I’ve put in close to 1000 hours into this game, and extensively play recon.
    I can see virtually no difference between the two, when it comes to leading shots.

I bet the sound and different scopes are playing tricks on you, and you perceive it to be different.

dude stop... honestly. if I have to remind myself then I have to remind myself. that's not an objective claim or anything that has to do with you. I'm not wrong when I say thst I have to remind myself... ffs.
    I already said that its probabaly me....geez...
  • Tip_the_Cap
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 9
    (Quote)
    The only people making "mistakes" is you and everyone else claiming bs when the actual stats doesn't lie.

Dude, you are taking things about a game too seriously, and too personally.

Care about ya!

[Comment edited by a moderator]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Tip_the_Cap

Velocity, which also can also be interpreted as bullet drop, and very often is.
  • Art3misJinx
    edited November 9
    (Quote)

Dude, you are taking things about a game too seriously, and too personally. It's obvious you have another issue that is making you angry. You just need to recognize what it is, and address it.

Care about ya!
    Imagine thinking someone is having issues because they call you out for saying other people make mistakes when it's you that are making the mistakes instead of accepting the hard coded stats.
    Post edited by Art3misJinx on
  • GrizzGolf
    1020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That the M95 is a beast 
  • The_BERG_366

It does, unfortunately. In BFV they decided that not all of a guns stats are determined by the gun or its ammo, for example the Boys and PzB have the same ballistic stats but the PzB ends up shooting significantly flatter than the Boys. You'll also find that guns with similar recoil numbers in different categories (eg comparing an AR and SMG) will often have vastly different behavior.

Well we now have spread to recoil and recoil patterns as well. afaik the recoil stats presented are just the random recoil (one of three mechanics generating recoil). the recoil pattern would be added on top of the random recoil so only looking at the random recoil doesn't provide an explanation for what is going on on your screen.