Weekly BF

Flamethrower Vs Katana

13»

Comments

• LEGIJAS_YT
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish the katana and flamethrower could be assigned to your secondary so you could still use your smoke grenade launcher as a medic
    use smoke grenades
  • LEGIJAS_YT
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    for me  the Flame thrower is strong enough
  • snakeater418
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was excited to use the flamethrower. Thought it would be pretty powerful. I found out differently. Torched an enemy with it at point blank only for him to use a medpack, turn around, kill me, and escape alive. The whole time i was shooting also. Happened twice. Point blank, doesn't kill them. Seems like you can heal faster than you can burn. Should be more like it was in battlefield 1.
  • M_Rat13
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was excited to use the flamethrower. Thought it would be pretty powerful. I found out differently. Torched an enemy with it at point blank only for him to use a medpack, turn around, kill me, and escape alive. The whole time i was shooting also. Happened twice. Point blank, doesn't kill them. Seems like you can heal faster than you can burn. Should be more like it was in battlefield 1.

I thought any damage cancelled heal?
  • LEGIJAS_YT
    i think they should just buff it a LITTLE bit
  • TheNorthFIN
    766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Flamethrower is indeed very weak. But the katana.. you run faster with it, alt fire on right mouse for lunge.. people have been getting mad kill streaks with it (while being medic obv).
  • mf_shro0m
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LEGIJAS_YT wrote: »
    (Quote)
    use smoke grenades

You can only carry 1 at a time and they don’t resupply very easily. there’s also a delay on the fuse
  • snakeater418
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)

I thought any damage cancelled heal?

I thought the same, but not so sure anymore. I was behind them, didn't know I was there, in the cave objective on iwo jima. Ran up point blank and started shooting, it hit as well. He just ran to the health supply then turned and killed me. The whole while I was still shooting and scoring points. Second time they were climbing a ladder. Started hitting them point blank, again, when they got close to the top. Climbed up, killed me, healed themselves, and continued on.

• LEGIJAS_YT
    LEGIJAS_YT wrote: »
    (Quote)
    use smoke grenades

You can only carry 1 at a time and they don’t resupply very easily. there’s also a delay on the fuse
    2 normal smoke grenades and 2 grenade launcher smokes
  • AngryBeefStew
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think you all entirely misunderestimate going medic with the medipack equipped alongside the two smoke grenades and picking up the katana. Granted you can sneak up on either a line of enemies going somewhere, or a bunch of them capping a point, you toss your smoke nade in there, and go nuts with the katana, and if you take a hit, you got your health packs.

Sure, you can't see **** in the smoke, but when they start trying to aimlessly shoot at you, you can tell where they generally are.
  • The_BERG_366
    2409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Neither. Both are trash. Katana's range is too short and flamethrowers damage is too low. Seriously, you can roast someone for a few seconds without killing him. 
    with the secondary attack the katana has 2.5 meters range (if i remember correctly), thats more than enough for a melee weapon. Also the flamethrower is bugged inside the caves of iwo jima apprently, but other than that it does really good damage imo. 
  • Karnalii
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grab Katana from F on Iwo Jima. Go between E and F and lay in grass waiting for your prey. When they run by, chase and slash.