Weekly Debrief

Tanks keep twitching and creeping when I’m aiming the the 1st person

mf_shro0m
1709 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
When I’m in the first person aiming in tanks the camera keeps jerking up around and the tank keeps moving by itself. It doesn’t usually move by much and just creeps around or turns by itself. Nothing like this ever happens when I’m infantry or in plane and has been like this for months. Dice please sort this out!

Comments

• xeNizKing
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 8
    Oh don't worry thats not the end of it, the "unzoom" when "aiming" still exists so it will constantly take you out of scope this doesn't happen all the time but enough to effect your ability to combat opposing armor as right now its "whoever hits first and whoever misses a single shell"
  • MBT_Layzan
    1617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Indeed, and sound just stops too. There is also a issue that's happened pre-pacific that greys out your vision around the tank like an end of game fog. The tanks flip over so unrealistically also. I was enjoying the new content but this stuff starts to chip away at the whole experience and over time, esp when you know this stuff will never be fixed, all these bugs have been present since the game came out.  
  • xeNizKing
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Indeed, and sound just stops too. There is also a issue that's happened pre-pacific that greys out your vision around the tank like an end of game fog. The tanks flip over so unrealistically also. I was enjoying the new content but this stuff starts to chip away at the whole experience and over time, esp when you know this stuff will never be fixed, all these bugs have been present since the game came out.  
    lol my sherman backflipped the other day because of dynamite, some how landed on my tracks but still kinda illustrates just how weird tank weight is or if it is even taken into consideration properly when interacting with explosives or explosions and the terrain.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing said:
    lol my sherman backflipped the other day because of dynamite, some how landed on my tracks but still kinda illustrates just how weird tank weight is or if it is even taken into consideration properly when interacting with explosives or explosions and the terrain.
    Yea, had that too. You seen how the tank glides along the ground on it's side yet?
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited November 8
  • xeNizKing
    edited November 8
    xeNizKing said:
    Yea, had that too. You seen how the tank glides along the ground on it's side yet?
    Yep, didn't just slide a bit, slide right down the hill on the 5th phase of breakthrough on Iwo Jima on the cliffs, right out into the no go zone. Couldn't orient myself at all because of momentum lol 

I imagine they have left it or made it this way to create "funny moments" but i'd honestly rather not have my own armor screw me over just for the occasional laugh if I want a laugh I'll drive my tank off a cliff in order to ram the enemy tank off the map @ B on the same phase and then proceed to get shot by one of the large mountain emplacements. It was hilarious especially considering I was singing the indiana jones theme while flying off the cliff into the enemy tank with my friend in the protect gunner seat.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Today the MG in the tanks hull would not stop shooting even with no one else in the tank. And even carried on firing when I got out and no one was inside period. I had to switch seats and fire with it to turn it off. 
  • mf_shro0m
    1709 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »

If breakthrough’s ever going badly I’m gonna try that 😂
  • mf_shro0m
    The screen also goes black when I zoom in sometimes
  • MBT_Layzan

If breakthrough’s ever going badly I’m gonna try that 😂
    What am I doing wrong, how do I show the videos like you have?
  • diagoro
    1551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The screen also goes black when I zoom in sometimes

Dame, was supposed to have been fixed a few patches back.
  • diagoro
    1551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 9
    In response to op, I have the same unsteady movement, usually when on uneven terrain. It can be the smallest of things that make it shake or move.

Ultimately, tanks feel like those air cushions you use in pools, not tons of steel on tracks.
    Post edited by diagoro on
  • xeNizKing
  • ElliotLH
    8556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    +1 as this is really frustrating.
  • jroggs
    571 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    What am I doing wrong, how do I show the videos like you have?

Use the Share link instead of the page URL, it works much more consistently for embedding.