Allow MMG + AT rifle to ADS when crouched + stationary

WunderKatze
21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hello,

I think allowing the MMG + AT rifles to ADS when crouched and stationary would really help improve their usability without violating the intended playstyle.

Particularly this would help when in grassy fields where you can't see if you prone and their is no cover to place the weapon on.

Thanks!
WunderKatze

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    2362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should make MMGs usable on the go tho but rn it forces people to camp. It’d be better if they modelled BFV’s MMGs on the BFI parabellum
  • CSO7777
    2077 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    They should make MMGs usable on the go tho but rn it forces people to camp. It’d be better if they modelled BFV’s MMGs on the BFI parabellum
    It would be fun this way (I really loved the Parabellum in BF1), the Parabellum was a beast in CQC (hipfired) and was also very effective at mid-range when bipodded. It was a multi-kill-machine.

I think they would perhaps be too powerful this way. The MG42 would become the best CQC-weapon (only shotguns would be better) and the game balance would probably not be very good, mostly because the SMGs are way too weak in BFV, compared to BF1s SMGs.

But it could be a fun experiment...
  • talhaONE
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Asimov-T wrote: »
    Dice is actually doing the opposite which is nerfing the prone mmg rat style, rightly so, as you guys are a disease in this game.

Just because someone uses mmg that isnt instantly means the guy is camper. And no mmg nerf wasnt any good. Their accuracy isnt worth for the mobility penalty now so campers tends to camp with lmgs or snipers.

If you rush in to somewhere without checking it carefully you deserve to die. Not all enemies will going to come at you to shoot.
  • Noodlesocks
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I would be happy with them simply removing the random cone of fire, letting the rounds hit roughly where it is being aimed but give them massive, difficult to control recoil.

As for AT rifle I wouldn't mind their cone of fire being reduced a little. Not so they can hit infantry reliably while on the move or even when stationary but just tight enough to reliably hit a tank when aiming center mass without having to set up the bipod. (That being said, crouching with AT rifle is already pretty decent accuracy to hit tanks)
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think this would be fine if it had at least double thre delay to deploy compared to deploying on mounted cover.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Asimov-T wrote: »
    Dice is actually doing the opposite which is nerfing the prone mmg rat style, rightly so, as you guys are a disease in this game.

image0.png
  • talhaONE
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also one thing is mmgs are free kills for the Bolt action rifles, Slr and semi autos. Problem is Any mmg different from mg34 and M1919a6 cant hit anything beyond 50 meters. You are using a bipod but you are still inaccurate as hell. Thanks dice nerfing mmgs but still letting semi autos use 3x scope.
  • WunderKatze
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    Also one thing is mmgs are free kills for the Bolt action rifles, Slr and semi autos. Problem is Any mmg different from mg34 and M1919a6 cant hit anything beyond 50 meters. You are using a bipod but you are still inaccurate as hell. Thanks dice nerfing mmgs but still letting semi autos use 3x scope.

Semi autos I can deal with, it's a counter but I can get away usually if I choose a good position. The bolt action oneshots hard counter the bipod playstyle.

I think that would be fine if mmgs where buffed to have a faster kill time.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, being able to use the weapons in some other way apart from prone would be nice. Forcing people to go prone creates a very passive and campy playstyle, which isn't fun for anyone except people who want to pad their kd stat.
    talhaONE said:
    mmgs can absolutely kill above 50 meters. You have a large mag and high rof, sure you might not hit every shot, but being able to spray makes up for that. Expecting mmgs to be lazerbeams is crazy.
    talhaONE said:

Semi autos I can deal with, it's a counter but I can get away usually if I choose a good position. The bolt action oneshots hard counter the bipod playstyle. I think that would be fine if mmgs where buffed to have a faster kill time.

mmgs already shred, but you want them to have an even faster fire rate? Why? And if you're getting killed by semi autos and bolt actions consistently it's either because they were better than you, or you didn't pick your battles right.
  • MrCamp121
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »

In your own words..if youre not careful youll die.
  • Rogue-Mike
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Would be nice. Allow mmgs to ads but kick like a mule.

Though my biggest gripe is DICE combining Assault and Engineer. People complain about Tanks not pushing objectives but ignore the fact that as soon as a tank peaks, there's a minimum of at least 3 to 4 panzerfaust/PIAT rockets that disable on the 1st hit flying at you. There's also that one campy Assault player or squad rushing the tank with reckless abandon playing peek a boo spawning on each other in mere second intervals.
  • talhaONE
    I agree, being able to use the weapons in some other way apart from prone would be nice. Forcing people to go prone creates a very passive and campy playstyle, which isn't fun for anyone except people who want to pad their kd stat.(Quote)
    mmgs can absolutely kill above 50 meters. You have a large mag and high rof, sure you might not hit every shot, but being able to spray makes up for that. Expecting mmgs to be lazerbeams is crazy.(Quote)

mmgs already shred, but you want them to have an even faster fire rate? Why?
    And if you're getting killed by semi autos and bolt actions consistently it's either because they were better than you, or you didn't pick your battles right.

Spray isnt make any sense if you cant hit them. Currently the first 5 shot penalty punishes burst firing so you have to kill them while keep shooting. Also you have to be staniory while they can do ADAD spam like crazy to dodge your bullets.

• gailjon
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    And, one last time, no.
  • talhaONE
    gailjon wrote: »
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    And, one last time, no.

Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    And, one last time, why?
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gailjon said:
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    And, one last time, no.
    So you'd prefer people playing camping and/or extremely defensive instead of actually being able to use them aggressively?
  • MrCamp121
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    So you'd prefer people playing camping and/or extremely defensive instead of actually being able to use them aggressively?

Nerf the ROF into the ground and then itd be acceptable
  • WunderKatze
    edited November 2019
    gailjon said:
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    And, one last time, no.
    Yeah. Basically. It's a huge **** mg. I mean. I would like to play aggressively but its nice to break from the a-d-a-d-a-d sidestep formula and instead move from cover to cover and bipod. Or in the case of this thread I would like to be able to shoot from stationary crouch.
  • FlaminPorcupine
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice. Allow mmgs to ads but kick like a mule.

THIS. Right now you're basically a free headshot for the first guy to see you with a 3x scoped assault rifle or a sniper, and they also have the advantage of being able to move and shoot, while you're stuck in place trying to track them. With so many marksman rifles in this game it becomes really difficult to do anything but hide in a corner or corridor praying some hapless soul wanders across your sights. Not to mention as soon as you start spraying bullets you get the attention of every single assault/sniper camper in the area who see your tracers/muzzle flash. My experience is that the support class in general is without a good primary weapon, given equal skill all their close range options lose to assault and all their ranged options lose to snipers and now medics. Really a shame since I love the gadget setup for support.