Planes are overpowered again

Comments

• ItWasCloseBaby
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So they say splash damage from AA was reduced by 25% , and planes OP as hell , they survive direct shot from tank wtf lol
  • DWB1873
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m yet to see anyone tow a gun anywhere useful. Most people seem to just drive off to do their own thing leaving the guns behind.

Game last night - 55-0. Yeah, sure, they’re just the Red Baron or something, nothing wrong there.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's super easy to go on a killing spree with a plane. It doesn't help that they added a target system to the bombing, you need 0 skill or training to be able to bomb effectively, because the marker shows where your bombs are going to hit. I felt like there only were pro pilots out there, but then i saw a video and that players actually get a marker that let's them accurately bomb any location.
    -
    Back in the days there was no such thing, you had to spend time learning how to effectively use the bombs, when to drop them etc. It's a major dissapointment to see that they have dumbed it down to such an extent.
    -
    There's no longer any skill needed for piloting.
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Mystriall wrote: »
    It's super easy to go on a killing spree with a plane. It doesn't help that they added a target system to the bombing, you need 0 skill or training to be able to bomb effectively, because the marker shows where your bombs are going to hit. I felt like there only were pro pilots out there, but then i saw a video and that players actually get a marker that let's them accurately bomb any location.
    -
    Back in the days there was no such thing, you had to spend time learning how to effectively use the bombs, when to drop them etc. It's a major dissapointment to see that they have dumbed it down to such an extent.
    -

So get in a fighter and kill it. It takes like 10 seconds to kill a bomber....

• Sowixle
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I swear if you're gonna **** about this i am gonna be mad. planes are not too op and if they get nurfed no one will play them because they're pretty **** in the state they are right now. Trust me they do not need a nerf you just need to get better skill and you shouldn't be made because ur bad..

good luck pal
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Masqerader wrote: »
    -
    -

That's the equivalent of saying "So get the same weapon and use it" to someone who complains about a weapon being OP. I have no interest in flying planes.
  • Mystriall
    Sowixle wrote: »
    I swear if you're gonna **** about this i am gonna be mad. planes are not too op and if they get nurfed no one will play them because they're pretty **** in the state they are right now. Trust me they do not need a nerf you just need to get better skill and you shouldn't be made because ur bad..

good luck pal

they just need to remove the bomb hit marker. So people have to have a little skill to drop bombs, instead of telling people where they will hit.
    -
    Best example of my point, would be a comparison with the recon class and it's snipers. The system for bombing is like you would get a red dot on the screen showing where you need to aim with the sniper to do a headshot at any range. Making everyone able to do headshots at any range without any skill required.
    -
    On the sniper however, you have to "guess" or through practice learn how high above the players you need to aim to hit the head at any distance. But on the bomber, you get the target marker that shows you where you will hit at any given time, thus removing the need for any skill.
  • SoShi_Tiffany
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Masqerader wrote: »
    -
    -

It's not really about just getting in a plane and shooting it down. I personally don't really have THAT much of an issue with the current condition of planes, but it's obvious a ton of people do. Yes it's partially a L2P issue and will improve over time but there are a few things that do need to be changed and are getting changed. One of the biggest offenders, the JU88 is bugged to have way too many bombs and is confirmed getting changed/nerfed already. Stuff like that definitely needs to be fixed. AA in general will most likely get buffed against planes and nerfed against ground troops too.

Another thing about nerfs/changes in general is the more you have people going on these massive killstreaks in planes, the more you're going to have people complaining to the devs about it. The more people complain to the devs, the more attention it brings until eventually there will be some sort of change. Good or bad that happens in almost every game.
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Learn to fly a Spitfire and go take that bomber down and stop whinning.
  • warriorjoy
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are massively overpowered, like all BF games.
    At least have a few more AA emplacements.
    Honestly, it is not just the 100+ kills it is looking at it in comparison.
    I just played a game, the pilots were running 50+, the best of the rest in the 20's
    They should not be able to repair and reload in midair
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Once more i see players go 60-0 in planes. Just make it like alpha. Useless against infantry
    You better have a balance before that release date or else players will quickly refund because of this
    -When it comes to BFV that's average, I dealt with pilots going extremely (112 kills 2 deaths) or (100 kills 0 deaths).
    -Airplanes in BFV are more accurate scope shooters compared to snipers!
    -Stationary AA and Mobile AA are useless against them, you're just a sitting target.

I highly doubt players will refund because of that. Other reasons yes, but not this.

• gailjon
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are massively overpowered, like all BF games.
    At least have a few more AA emplacements.
    Honestly, it is not just the 100+ kills it is looking at it in comparison.
    I just played a game, the pilots were running 50+, the best of the rest in the 20's
    They should not be able to repair and reload in midair

Repair and reload in midair is the most pathetic 'advance' ever. No weapon system should allow you to be 100-1, 50-1, etc in a competitive match. 
    Get these 'masters of the skies' to land and reload, etc, then see what their wonderful k/ds are like. 

• bigdaddygonutz
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I more often see snipers go 80 - 0 or 4 guys in a Squad working together and reviving and thus are getting 50 - 10 each so they get +200 kills combined than I see pilots go 80 - 0................ should we get rid of snipers and Squads also?

For every weapon in BF V there is a counter weapon but sometimes it takes teamwork or you need to adapt to the situation  and change your combat role....... and thats what most of the BF V players cannot understand. = usuallly they just keep running into the same "wall" head first again and again and again and again and.......... and then complain about the wall being to strong (instead of changing direction and go around it).

PS:

Quote:

"It’s also not much fun if you’re in a low level plane against someone all upgraded up. I appreciate skill etc, but when they can out turn you completely it’s just a turkey shoot."

This quote nails it .............. because "Yes!" there will always be someone that is better than you because he put in the hard work to level up or get better - so accept the challenge and get grinding and do not expect to be on his skill level if you do not do your best yourself first.

PPS:

When having said all of the above I also understand the impossible task of making a game that is enjoyable for a 12 year old noob, a casual online average gamer and the 10 hour per day skilled gamer.......... I do not believe that any product can target any segment so you have to decide who to please ....... or you end up pleasing no one at all.
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019

i agree with this, how the hell can they see players on the field when hidden.
    If you have flares and drop them on the first run, infantry will light up as a Christmas tree on the next run.
    Planes are kind of OP, but so are the FF. People only see the very few pilots who can go +50 kills. They dont see the large amount of other pilots that are being killed. 
    Especially on pacific maps, plans are destroyed in large numbers. You cant balanced a game based on the best players.
    Bombers should not be in game modes like BF and GO. Players are to clustered and easy to carpet bomb.
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    This issue will be never addressed. AA will always get nerfed into the ground and then its just a matter of luck if your pilots (if your team has any) are competent enough to at least slow down the other team air force. Removal of 3D spotting was the best thing DICE ever done to improve the ground, air balance. Sadly many planes have flares.
  • xHonest_Abe
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On the Pacific maps, the aircraft seems to be under control. The AA is now more effective downing the aircraft when the enemy aircraft dives strait at you from a distance on the Pacific. The portable AA is strong too when hiding in the jungle on Pacific Storm and even on the other Pacific map. When a pilot has an outrageous score during the game, I usually go to Spectator and watch. Why spend you time on the ground and get shot up by a hack. If it is like some hack soldiers on the ground, I've seen on tracker after a game that registers 115 kills that all 115 were head shots :D, I am not making this up. And it is very obvious on Spectator when they kill 5 within a few seconds, most of them you never see the soldier they are shooting at. I wonder if this (head shots) will show up on fighter aircraft attacking the ground troops with their machine guns, then that would be good indication the pilot is hacking.
  • PsiHo1389
    89 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Its becoming to miserably/pathetic what this Id*** are doing of the game...
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, at the start of pacific it felt great, I'm a tanker and was really enjoy myself. But now I'm going into games and seeing the same pilots OHK'ing tanks with ease, the tanks are so easy to pop and they are powerless to do anything, can't even evade. I read the FF is probably getting nerfed and it's already rubbish against half experienced pilots that kill from orbit and go on stupid kill streaks. I uninstalled again like I did for months prior to the pacific DLC. 
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, at the start of pacific it felt great, I'm a tanker and was really enjoy myself. But now I'm going into games and seeing the same pilots OHK'ing tanks with ease, the tanks are so easy to pop and they are powerless to do anything, can't even evade. I read the FF is probably getting nerfed and it's already rubbish against half experienced pilots that kill from orbit and go on stupid kill streaks. I uninstalled again like I did for months prior to the pacific DLC. 

Tanks on BFV are like Piñatas!... You move in to get blown quickly before you can tell Who, What, Where and How you got killed. BFV promotes the use of Tanks from distance away and not help the troops move in.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 said:

Tanks on BFV are like Piñatas!... You move in to get blown quickly before you can tell Who, What, Where and How you got killed. BFV promotes the use of Tanks from distance away and not help the troops move in.
    Amen brother.