Bloody Overpowered Planes

Comments

• Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    LOL, never heard of the Fliegerfaust?
    Doesnt have the range to even touch the good pilots farming away.

DICE needs to rehaul the balance imo, the meta is broken.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well its now 2 sided story, in old maps fighters are pretty damn useless against ground cause of FF, i mean yeah, sure drop a bomb from high altitude, fine. While now you got HE cannons on new maps, FF feels meh. Sometimes my patience gets low and i go close, thats when i get fished by FF, even tho, i enjoy more dropping pyromaniac bombs from high altitude and see dem burn.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Doesnt have the range to even touch the good pilots farming away.

DICE needs to rehaul the balance imo, the meta is broken.
    How many hours did you fly with the new planes?

To be able to "farm" with the new planes you come in range of the FF (and AA) a lot ...
    I say it again: the ONLY way a pilot can farm and get scores like 100-1, is when the enemy team (or trash netcode/servers) ALLOWS it ...

Planes that can kill from outside the range of the FF (like bombers) are a very easy target for the OP fighters ...
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh here we go again,infantry have ways of taking pilots down now,ie FF and the buffed AA.I think its pretty balanced now for infantry and pilots.oh and i do play alot of infantry.Try flying in the mist of AA and FF being fired at you.yes experienced pilots will dominate ,but thats not there fault is it.
  • talhaONE
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here we go again.
    Even one shot kill weapon is not good enough for you now. What's next in your mind? Stingers? Active radar missiles from BF4? How about let's get it done in one stop, bring us that tactical air blust nuke with the range from iwo jima to al sundan.

I dont agree with op but FF isnt a one shot kill.
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Idk about you but I can't kill anyone with planes because of spawn camping and my level 0 pñanes being useless against someone who has unlocked everything. Even thought I see the explosions over the enemies I shoot on the ground I don't deal damage W H Y D I C E ?
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, in the Pacific the planes are pretty powerfull alright. I wouldn't say op, but pretty powerfull.
    I can relate to the low level planes, but I see many pilots doing very well in farming in those maps.
    It can only get better for them if the FF is nerfed.
    It's not very well balanced overall.
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wadaya mean allows it?   we are all trying to take the hill , and we get dowsed 
  • Noodlesocks
    3736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They buffed AA so planes can't just fly directly at them but they based this on the existing British and German planes. The new planes have brought that very same problem back with their HE guns so when it comes to the pacific maps specifically, we're back to square one with AA where the direct counter to planes are wholly ineffective.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    They buffed AA so planes can't just fly directly at them but they based this on the existing British and German planes. The new planes have brought that very same problem back with their HE guns so when it comes to the pacific maps specifically, we're back to square one with AA where the direct counter to planes are wholly ineffective.
    Problem? So when SAA user sitting in that chair thinking hes god?, experienced SAA user would understand how to use it. Ive been downed many times cause of SAAs patience. Its fine where it is. SAA cannon range is longer than HEs cannon and not to mention FF ingame. Ground has enough of firepower to down a plane.
  • Noodlesocks
    3736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Problem? So when SAA user sitting in that chair thinking hes god?, experienced SAA user would understand how to use it. Ive been downed many times cause of SAAs patience. Its fine where it is. SAA cannon range is longer than HEs cannon and not to mention FF ingame. Ground has enough of firepower to down a plane.
    A plane shouldn't be able to fly directly at AA and survive. Nothing to do with patience. And with that being said, that is the exact reason Dice Sweden made the recent AA buffs. It's literally in the patch notes.
  • ragnarok013
    3942 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    olavafar said:
    As I think someone else pointed out quite early in the 'Fliegerfaust is so OP" threads, we now see planes getting more upgraded and at the same time pilots learn that they are no longer untouchable from ground . It all balances out quite good I think. Pilots can still get a good K/D if they are careful but it is not 24/7 farming as it used to be. If they keep a little altitude and distance, a team need to cooperate to take down a plane. If they can do that, the plane goes down if it gets too close. This is just fair and works pretty much as for tanks.

Exactly, in fact in the recent conquest games that I've played I already see pilots changing tactics and as a result living much longer and I see fewer Fliegerfausts used in general. Overly bold pilots trying to fly at tree top level like they could pre-Fliegerfaust however are punished which balances things well in my opinion.
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Niccaman farming kills on Iwo Jima in his max-upgraded Japanese Zero.....

• BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't pilot at all before the new maps then ranked up the first Corsair and first Zero.
    Well I went on Hamada to try out the Spitfire VA and it's an utter joke with the AA guns now. I flew up as high as I could and was still taking flak damage. Look I have no problem with an AA buff but when you barely make it out of your spawn and take damage from every angle and height imaginable then it's just stupid.
    Dice goes from way underpowered to way overpowered with their changes. They're great at making drastic changes but apparently have absolutely NO idea on how to strike a balance. Well done Dice, well done...🙄
  • BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    A plane shouldn't be able to fly directly at AA and survive. Nothing to do with patience. And with that being said, that is the exact reason Dice Sweden made the recent AA buffs. It's literally in the patch notes.

It's not even about flying directly at them. Dice was so stupid with their buff that planes take damage from EVERYWHERE on the map now. I've tried to dive bomb them and they're so hidden that you can't even make out where they are in most cases either. Dice is just terrible at balancing...
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Only time I really have an issue with the Fliegerfaust is when Im in the middle of a dogfight and some lone sneaky Assaults manage to by pass the whole team to spray me down when I'm out of bounds for infantry getting my repair on. My main gripe to this day is how anti everything Assault itself as a class has gotten to ridiculous levels since DICE merged it with Engineer (Not the smartest move imo). Engineer could of easily been the Repair/Anti Vehicle with SMGs/Shotguns, AT Mines, Dynamite, and rocket launchers to mitigate the spam of the Fliegerfaust as one class wonder players would refuse to swap classes to deal with planes and tanks. This in turn would theoretically allow vehicles a natural opportunity to assist the team more in line how it used to be back in BF3/BF4.

Pretty much this ^

while I hate how skilless the tool is (respect for people still using the panzerfaust to kill planes) the biggest issue I have with it is that it completely derails any sense of dogfights. Planes should be powerful but we should at least have room to fight eachother. If the flieger stays as is so be it but I really freaking wish is range was not nearly as much as it is and a slower projectile speed. Range vs Planes should be the roll of AA emplacements and not infantry.

I went 56-6 on pacific this morning using the incendiary flare set up not a single flieger touched me until the very end of the match when It literally rained fliegers on my zero something like 7 at once lmao. All my deaths believe it or not were palm trees. I frame skip way too much sometimes, even worse on NA servers because of lag as well. 

Iwo jima I didnt even complete the full match and again went 52-6.

As far as planes being overpowered goes, if planes really are a problem then ask people in your squad to load up on assaults and hunt them down. Like seriously, your biggest issue comes from when you DO NOT have people using any form of AA. In fact there are multiple emplacements on breakthrough and conquest which his planes super hard in pacific but nobody uses them... 

Flieger is over powered and some plane set ups are but provided the infantry are willing they can still effectively counter it. Which imo (a change from posts days back) it balances things out on pacific content, it isn't balanced at all outside of pacific.

I mean I went 44-1 just on pacific again I was 44-0 until the last few tickets because someone FINALLY picked up a flieger like, people need to stop complaining and start doing. I am fine with planes being powerful and infantry being powerful PROVIDED one doesn't get nerfed in favour of the other i.e if they are going to nerf the flieger then maybe we should lose flares because those flares help more than people realise. I really enjoy dog fighting but because I know that I'll just get fliegered while im doing that I focus anti-ground instead.

A lot of the new planes actually need to dive to land their bombs exactly where they want them to go so you legitimately can have an easy kill because the pilots are forced to set it up for you. 

In other words. Look, UP.

The biggest issue now though is that the flieger dominates the entirety of the base game which is far more content than pacific where as planes are much stronger in pacific.
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty said:
    Niccaman farming kills on Iwo Jima in his max-upgraded Japanese Zero.....

Thats because the other planes are ignoring him and nobody is on the AA emplacement on the beach... he was farming a bad team.
  • PrecisionWing
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Thats because the other planes are ignoring him and nobody is on the AA emplacement on the beach... he was farming a bad team.

Noticed tones of suicidal dive bombing. He should be dead so many times, the other team wont use FF or what. Damn.. I hope my game could be this easy.
  • mf_shro0m
    2362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    It is refreshing to hear such an honest and balanced view from a pilot.  Maybe the FF is ok as it is.

Yeh!

As a pretty good medic even I have some decent games so just imagine the atrocities really good medics commit! DICE TAKE AWAY SEAL HEALING AND NERF SMGs!!!!!

As a pretty good recon even I have some decent games so just imagine how many poor defenceless assaults the really good recons kill!!!
    DICE NERF RECONS AND MAKE BOLTACTIONS ALWAYS 2HKS!!!!!

AND GIVE ME A GADDDAM STINGER AND A GADDAM JAVELIN BECAUSE I STILL GET KILLED BY VEHICLES EVERY GAME AND I DONT LIKE DYING!!!!!
  • Real_Noobalishus
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This debate has gone on a long time over every BF title and what I've noticed is the main constant with any of these post is that they are created by infantry players that rarely if ever go up in an air vehicle, whether it be a helicopter or plane.

Truth is the game is fairly balanced in its rock, paper scissors, however as their is a much larger infantry base, that side of the community is pushing for a more bias approach so their game play experience is not impeded.

As of this title both Tanks and Planes have 7 ways in which they can be taken down:

Tank:
    - Piat
    - Panzerfoust
    - AT mine
    - AT Grenade
    - C4
    - 6 Pounder AT
    - Other Tanks

Planes:
    - Fliegerfoust
    - Panzerfoust
    - Stationary AA
    - Mobile AA
    - 6 Pounder AT
    - High Velocity Tanks
    - Other Aircraft

It's easy for tanks on maps such as Aerodrome to go 100+ kills in a game if the enemy team can not be bothered to take it out, even though it would only take at minimum 1 well played Assault to take it out. This same logic applies to Planes, it only takes 1 decent player utilizing an AA correctly, a Panzerfoust or the latest Fliegerfoust to take a plane down. The rule of thumb of whoever has the high ground usually wins, rings very true with aircraft and so the best way to take a plane out is with another plane.

If you are being hardpressed by a pilot but not willing to get into a plane yourself to remove the problem, the truth of the matter is you're acting no differently than to nearly every other player on your team, believing it shouldn't be up to you to spend the game taking that plane down because you're the one pushing objectives, that it "somehow should be someone else's problem".... the cycle continues until the game ends and then everyone gets made at the pilot that was largely ignored all game for having a high K/D

Just like in the case of the tanker camped up on the hill, if you or no one else is willing to sacrifice pushing an objective to use one of the many devices given to you to take them out, then you and your team really have no-one else to blame but yourselves. I understand that it would be much easier to simply call the vehicles OP rather than admit that you and your team did not truly challenge that player and expected someone else to do it for you.