Difference between M95 and Type 99?

Comments

• Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Imagine thinking someone is having issues because they call you out for saying other people make mistakes when it's you that are making the mistakes instead of accepting the hard coded stats.

To make mistakes is human, dude. Everyone makes mistakes and it's not an insult . I certainly didn't mean it as an insult.

We have a difference of opinion, but your anger over it is crystal clear.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Imagine thinking someone is having issues because they call you out for saying other people make mistakes when it's you that are making the mistakes instead of accepting the hard coded stats.

To make mistakes is human, dude. Everyone makes mistakes and it's not an insult . I certainly didn't mean it as an insult.

As I said before, the weapon just plays differently than what the stats say for me.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

As I said before, the weapon just plays differently than what the stats say for me.
    I'd agree that "feel" is an intangible but still significant aspect of making use of a weapon. So long as you're not discounting the tangibles (or the people who put in the work to map them out) because of that. Let people make their own determinations with the facts.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

When did I imply it was an insult? When did I get angry? Saying you are the one making mistakes is not getting angry lol. If you think that, then I'm sorry but you have a very weird opinion of what angry is.

(Quote)

Placebo effect, and that's fine, happens to most people that they think a weapon feels different, but then they look at the stats and it's actually worse. What I don't get is why you kept shutting your eyes and continuing to try and say there must've been something to weapon when people gave you hard coded stats showing there wasn't is beyond me. But you do you I guess.
  • The_BERG_366
    2789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    When did I imply it was an insult? When did I get angry? Saying you are the one making mistakes is not getting angry lol. If you think that, then I'm sorry but you have a very weird opinion of what angry is.(Quote)
    Placebo effect, and that's fine, happens to most people that they think a weapon feels different, but then they look at the stats and it's actually worse. What I don't get is why you kept shutting your eyes and continuing to try and say there must've been something to weapon when people gave you hard coded stats showing there wasn't is beyond me. But you do you I guess.

placebo? what exactly is the placebo that triggered the effect here? O.o
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Faster tactical reload than the m95 at the expense of 5 less damage at close range. It's not much, but it's something.
    But to be fair, there's not really that much they can do with new bolt actions that isn't already done by any of the other bolt actions.

Well actually the M95 max damage of 80 goes to 30 meters
    The Type 99 max damage of 75 only goes to 20 meters
    So at 30 meters there’s actually a difference of 9 damage.
    The types 99 has the steepest drop off of any BA
    It’s minimum damage goes to 60
    While the m95 is 66

I also disagree. I think there’s lots they could do to the bolt actions.
    They could of used a bullet velocity that hasn’t been used before.
    Same goes for ROF

Or they could of changed up the Spec tree.
    Improve hip fire perhaps instead of Custom stock?
    Or Increase damage range instead of Machine bolt?

Yes, so why make a gun virtually the same except for less damage overall, and bigger damage dropoff? How is the, Arasaka balanced to make it competitive and different than the m95?

I'll tell you why. Its not the same. The Type 99 has less bullet drop. Aside from my experience with the m95, which is extensive, and the Krag, which even more extensive, I can just tell by using the Arasaka that it sits in between those two rifles as far as range/ bullet drop. The Krag, and m95 are/ were my two mains. I know the difference between these three bolt actions.

When I tried playing the Type 99, like the m95, I was constantly shooting over heads. I dont care what Robenter, and the YouTube guys say, play the weapon for awhile and you will see.

I think the developers overlooked it.
    I won’t be surprised if the type 99 gets a small buff.

There is no difference in Bullet drop. Both are identical.
    Check out sym it’s the new Symthik site
    They lay out extensive stats of each weapon, and you can compare them

https://sym.gg/

I would normally support such a statement but when I tried the type 99 it felt like it had significantly faster bullet velocity than the Gewehr 95. normally I find the explanation of why something feels the way it does in the stats but not here. so either Im just being deceived by something or the stats aren't the ones applicable to the version of the game I play.

It doesn’t.
    Velocity and bullet drop are identical.
    Could be the sound of the rifle that is giving you the perception of a faster bullet or less drop

no...
    I normally use the m95 and found that I have to remind myself to lead less when using the type 99.
    also I can read the stats myself, thank you, I know what they say.

Well you are wrong.
    If you wanna base weapon stats off of “feelings” and “gut instincts”
    I can also do that.
    I’ve put in close to 1000 hours into this game, and extensively play recon.
    I can see virtually no difference between the two, when it comes to leading shots.

I bet the sound and different scopes are playing tricks on you, and you perceive it to be different.

dude stop... honestly. if I have to remind myself then I have to remind myself. that's not an objective claim or anything that has to do with you. I'm not wrong when I say thst I have to remind myself... ffs.
    I already said that its probabaly me....geez... [/quote

Okay. Got it. I have different opinion, and use stats to back it up, to form a final assessment.
    I don’t want to offend you, and sorry I did.
  • The_BERG_366
    2789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Faster tactical reload than the m95 at the expense of 5 less damage at close range. It's not much, but it's something.
    But to be fair, there's not really that much they can do with new bolt actions that isn't already done by any of the other bolt actions.

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

Yes, so why make a gun virtually the same except for less damage overall, and bigger damage dropoff? How is the, Arasaka balanced to make it competitive and different than the m95?

I'll tell you why. Its not the same. The Type 99 has less bullet drop. Aside from my experience with the m95, which is extensive, and the Krag, which even more extensive, I can just tell by using the Arasaka that it sits in between those two rifles as far as range/ bullet drop. The Krag, and m95 are/ were my two mains. I know the difference between these three bolt actions.

When I tried playing the Type 99, like the m95, I was constantly shooting over heads. I dont care what Robenter, and the YouTube guys say, play the weapon for awhile and you will see.

I would normally support such a statement but when I tried the type 99 it felt like it had significantly faster bullet velocity than the Gewehr 95. normally I find the explanation of why something feels the way it does in the stats but not here. so either Im just being deceived by something or the stats aren't the ones applicable to the version of the game I play.

It doesn’t.
    Could be the sound of the rifle that is giving you the perception of a faster bullet or less drop

no...
    I normally use the m95 and found that I have to remind myself to lead less when using the type 99.

Well you are wrong.
    I can also do that.
    I can see virtually no difference between the two, when it comes to leading shots.

I bet the sound and different scopes are playing tricks on you, and you perceive it to be different.

dude stop... honestly. if I have to remind myself then I have to remind myself. that's not an objective claim or anything that has to do with you. I'm not wrong when I say thst I have to remind myself... ffs.
    I already said that its probabaly me....geez...

Okay. Got it. I have different opinion, and use stats to back it up, to form a final assessment.

you still don't get it. I didn't even state an opinion. I just described my experience with the weapon and that it didn't seem to fit the stats.
    i don't know in what way you want to disagree with an experience.....
  • Tip_the_Cap
    (Quote)
    When did I imply it was an insult? When did I get angry? Saying you are the one making mistakes is not getting angry lol. If you think that, then I'm sorry but you have a very weird opinion of what angry is.(Quote)

I hope things get better for you, man.

Peace.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I hope things get better for you, man.

Peace.
    And I hope you become a nice person someday.
  • Art3misJinx
    (Quote)

placebo? what exactly is the placebo that triggered the effect here? O.o
    I use placebo effect because of a lack of a better term. They obviously haven't taken anything to trigger that.
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    insulting each other over a gun in a game 

grow up gents 
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess I'm going to grab some popcorn ;)
  • Art3misJinx
    Shows over, sorry boys :(
  • The_BERG_366
    (Quote)
    I use placebo effect because of a lack of a better term. They obviously haven't taken anything to trigger that.

Well I'm sure I could give you a better term if you could provide an explanation about what you actually wanted to express when using this term.
  • Art3misJinx
    (Quote)

Well I'm sure I could give you a better term if you could provide an explanation about what you actually wanted to express when using this term.
    People thinking it performs a certain way, but when looking at the stats it doesn't, and it's been them "imagining" it.
  • The_BERG_366
    (Quote)

People thinking it performs a certain way, but when looking at the stats it doesn't, and it's been them "imagining" it.
    okay then i would call this an issue of perception as there can be factors other than speed influencing the perception of speed. 

the thing is that the placebo effect describes the response of a subject simply due to it believing that there is something influencing it. so simply believing is enough to alter symptoms. in our case however, a bullet doesn't get faster just because one believes that it is faster. Hence the believe of someone does NOT alter symptoms and hence the term doesn't fit. 

• Art3misJinx
    (Quote)

okay then i would call this an issue of perception as there can be factors other than speed influencing the perception of speed. 

the thing is that the placebo effect describes the response of a subject simply due to it believing that there is something influencing it. so simply believing is enough to alter symptoms. in our case however, a bullet doesn't get faster just because one believes that it is faster. Hence the believe of someone does NOT alter symptoms and hence the term doesn't fit. 

I'm well aware of that.
  • Hawxxeye
    7823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    with the new symthic website I can see that their only differences is that the M95 does slightly more damage.

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

It doesn’t.

no...

Well you are wrong.
    I can also do that.

you still don't get it. I didn't even state an opinion. I just described my experience with the weapon and that it didn't seem to fit the stats.

Okay bud. You had a different experience.
    Don’t worry whatever you write on the internet is safe from critique , as it’s an experience.

Curious do you say that about everything you encounter?

Thanks for the good laugh
  • The_BERG_366
    (Quote)

While the m95 is 66

Same goes for ROF

It doesn’t.

no...

Well you are wrong.
    I can also do that.

Okay bud. You had a different experience.
    Don’t worry whatever you write on the internet is safe from critique , as it’s an experience.

Curious do you say that about everything you encounter?

Thanks for the good laugh

Im not responsible for your inability to differentiate. you seem to want to push me into a certain category but I'm not gonna accept that.

ita absolutely not safe from critique, however thst doesn't take away the right from me to defend myself against mentioned critique. now in this case the critique is simply baseless as you don't want to accept what I was saying and wasn't saying. you can of course mention critique about an experience but saying that it is "wrong" simply makes no sense.

I only claim that I mention an experience when I actually just mentioned an experience, which is really really rare to happen. in fact I think this was one of the very first times I did this on this forum.