Please DICE nerf all spotting gadget

Comments

  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    there are always gonna be those mfers that exploit cheap ways to play , spamming flares lol 

    just you you can doesn't mean you should , but that's me 
  • Hawxxeye
    7812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    wasp9166 said:
    there are always gonna be those mfers that exploit cheap ways to play , spamming flares lol 

    just you you can doesn't mean you should , but that's me 
    A recon spotting for his team is a recon who is living up to his class name.
    .
    It is the choice of being a force multiplier instead of just (potentially) one more player who would had done better as assault or medic.
    .
    Intelligence and counter intelligence are a big part of warfare
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    The range is just far too large.

    Bah, I hate DICE. They dont understand flanking or stealthy gameplay.
    The ability to discern enemies over the terrain can be so bad (without spotting) that one almost  does not need to be stealthy.
    The other day my team was defending an objective in pacific and there were enemies all over the outer parts of the objective area with our guys surrounded because nobody had flared.
    I don't understand the visibility issues that people keep going on about. I see things just fine. Are you playing on a TV several feet away, or what?
  • DingoKillr
    4354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I fired 86 flares in a round last night, so good luck shooting them down :smiley:

    Well done you stood at station the whole round firing flare after flare while doing nothing else. What does putting 86 flares into air prove?
    Try ask my team if they weren’t happy to see enemies light up on the minimap pretty much permanently because of those flares.
    That does not prove flares can be spammed all it proved is you camped a station which on most maps and modes doing that would be useless. Piat and Panzefaust can be used at the same rate do you call them spamable?
  • Hawxxeye
    7812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    The range is just far too large.

    Bah, I hate DICE. They dont understand flanking or stealthy gameplay.
    The ability to discern enemies over the terrain can be so bad (without spotting) that one almost  does not need to be stealthy.
    The other day my team was defending an objective in pacific and there were enemies all over the outer parts of the objective area with our guys surrounded because nobody had flared.
    I don't understand the visibility issues that people keep going on about. I see things just fine. Are you playing on a TV several feet away, or what?
    1080p PC screen at  up to 60 fps regular PC distance. It got better when I got the newer screen with the "gaming mode" that brightens everything and makes it sharper but one should not have to depend on special hardware functions to reduce the time required to decide if that bunch of pixels is something that  they should start shooting at before it is too late.
    .


  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    VOLBANKER said:
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I fired 86 flares in a round last night, so good luck shooting them down :smiley:

    Well done you stood at station the whole round firing flare after flare while doing nothing else. What does putting 86 flares into air prove?
    Try ask my team if they weren’t happy to see enemies light up on the minimap pretty much permanently because of those flares.
    That does not prove flares can be spammed all it proved is you camped a station which on most maps and modes doing that would be useless. Piat and Panzefaust can be used at the same rate do you call them spamable?
    On Breakthrough, if you stay in a point you're defending, beside a crate, you can absolutely spam flares and light up every single attacker. 2 or 3 recons doing that, and the entire enemy team is on the map constantly. It's too much.

    Hawxxeye said:
    1080p PC screen at  up to 60 fps regular PC distance. It got better when I got the newer screen with the "gaming mode" that brightens everything and makes it sharper but one should not have to depend on special hardware functions to reduce the time required to decide if that bunch of pixels is something that  they should start shooting at before it is too late.

    .
    I'm PC 1080p as well. Never had visibility issues... But I'm used to playing RS2: Vietnam a lot, and you really have to peel your eyes for enemies in the bushes in that game.

  • Hawxxeye
    7812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I fired 86 flares in a round last night, so good luck shooting them down :smiley:

    Well done you stood at station the whole round firing flare after flare while doing nothing else. What does putting 86 flares into air prove?
    Try ask my team if they weren’t happy to see enemies light up on the minimap pretty much permanently because of those flares.
    That does not prove flares can be spammed all it proved is you camped a station which on most maps and modes doing that would be useless. Piat and Panzefaust can be used at the same rate do you call them spamable?
    On Breakthrough, if you stay in a point you're defending, beside a crate, you can absolutely spam flares and light up every single attacker. 2 or 3 recons doing that, and the entire enemy team is on the map constantly. It's too much.
    Once again:
    What is stopping the other team from shooting down  the flares as soon as they see them and thus downgrading that spotting to something very short-lived?
    The C.B.A. factor?
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    wasp9166 said:
    there are always gonna be those mfers that exploit cheap ways to play , spamming flares lol 

    just you you can doesn't mean you should , but that's me 
    A recon spotting for his team is a recon who is living up to his class name.
    .
    It is the choice of being a force multiplier instead of just (potentially) one more player who would had done better as assault or medic.
    .
    Intelligence and counter intelligence are a big part of warfare

    Actually had a game like that last night. Not only did I help my team, I helped myself get a decent amount of kills. Got near the top of the scoreboard, and didn't even spam the flares. Trench carbine helped of course when fighting on flags.
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Recon can carry 2 flares.
    Resupplying them is easy, just stay around a supply station and run back and forth as necessary.
    I can tell you haven’t played Recon yourself or you’d know this.

    You can check my stats i played recon and in my experience you cant spam flares because you dont have access to a support player or supply station all the time. Also not to mention people can easily shot down those flares.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I fired 86 flares in a round last night, so good luck shooting them down :smiley:

    Well done you stood at station the whole round firing flare after flare while doing nothing else. What does putting 86 flares into air prove?
    Try ask my team if they weren’t happy to see enemies light up on the minimap pretty much permanently because of those flares.
    That does not prove flares can be spammed all it proved is you camped a station which on most maps and modes doing that would be useless. Piat and Panzefaust can be used at the same rate do you call them spamable?
    On Breakthrough, if you stay in a point you're defending, beside a crate, you can absolutely spam flares and light up every single attacker. 2 or 3 recons doing that, and the entire enemy team is on the map constantly. It's too much.
    Once again:
    What is stopping the other team from shooting down  the flares as soon as they see them and thus downgrading that spotting to something very short-lived?
    The C.B.A. factor?
    Nothing. I shoot them down all the time. But as soon as you shoot one down, another goes up. Since the update, the sky is littered with flares non-stop. I know it's cheap. I do it myself sometimes because why not? The other side are. I'll sit on a crate, lighting up every threat, getting assist after assist. It's brainless. Give me HC mode please, so I don't have to use cheese to help the team.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    3D spot is good for the core mode players but it isn't for the extreme mode community ... 
    Untill there is an extreme mode, a lot of players can not be happy ... and the core mode can not be balanced the way it should be because of this angry part of the community ... 

    This game has a visibility problem since launch ( distant haze, soldier texture blending into background, headglitch ... )  and a camping meta problem because of guys exploiting the bad visibility and because some player prefers to camp for doing kill easily without dying of the insanely fast TTK ( some of them are forced to camp because of the bipod mechanic too ).
    Unspotted campers are advantaged in gunfights ( they see you first, aim at you first and shoot first ) 
    TTK is also too fast for 30hz console's servers ( servers send you 2 hit received in one refresh ) so you can't react to almost anything. 


    3D spot help a lot with the camping meta ( 3D spotted prone enemy become easy targets ).
    Game is more readable, minimap is now useful, plane and recons can PTFO and are become gamechangers.

    For the angry players out there, there is a counter to the spot in BFV ( unlike previous BF ) , you can shoot the flare ( super easy with pellet shotgun ! ) 
    I agree there is a balance problem if one team do spot the others don't because of the poor visibility , and i think it should back to the old system with manual ping but not to easy like in BF1
  • Hawxxeye
    7812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I fired 86 flares in a round last night, so good luck shooting them down :smiley:

    Well done you stood at station the whole round firing flare after flare while doing nothing else. What does putting 86 flares into air prove?
    Try ask my team if they weren’t happy to see enemies light up on the minimap pretty much permanently because of those flares.
    That does not prove flares can be spammed all it proved is you camped a station which on most maps and modes doing that would be useless. Piat and Panzefaust can be used at the same rate do you call them spamable?
    On Breakthrough, if you stay in a point you're defending, beside a crate, you can absolutely spam flares and light up every single attacker. 2 or 3 recons doing that, and the entire enemy team is on the map constantly. It's too much.
    Once again:
    What is stopping the other team from shooting down  the flares as soon as they see them and thus downgrading that spotting to something very short-lived?
    The C.B.A. factor?
    Nothing. I shoot them down all the time. But as soon as you shoot one down, another goes up. Since the update, the sky is littered with flares non-stop. I know it's cheap. I do it myself sometimes because why not? The other side are. I'll sit on a crate, lighting up every threat, getting assist after assist. It's brainless. Give me HC mode please, so I don't have to use cheese to help the team.

    I use them when I can and I shoot them down  as well as often as possible, they eventually get tired or die
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol DICE love snipers is why the classe is the most OP, CHEAT spotting system for big low, x2 with radius of a cornfield !!, HS, with the hitbox of head who had the size of car, non moove in the scope JUSTE EASY , all weapons, carabine trench for COD players !!! beacon spawn etc .... DICE bring HC mode please im tired of these casual kikoo, cod players ... sniper win vs against a MG 42 full spray because there is no suppression, no really juste ugly, 
  • Hawxxeye
    7812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol DICE love snipers
    That was the funniest thing I have read in this forum for a long time
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol DICE love snipers is why the classe is the most OP, CHEAT spotting system for big low, x2 with radius of a cornfield !!, HS, with the hitbox of head who had the size of car, non moove in the scope JUSTE EASY , all weapons, carabine trench for COD players !!! beacon spawn etc .... DICE bring HC mode please im tired of these casual kikoo, cod players ... sniper win vs against a MG 42 full spray because there is no suppression, no really juste ugly, 

    “Hardcore” mode is actually the most casual. Point, spray, profit. Rinse, repeat.

    “Recon” is far from OP.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Lol DICE love snipers
    That was the funniest thing I have read in this forum for a long time
    Why are you keep replying to the guy who's bating for replies? It can't be more obvious at this point. The whole thread is one gigantic bait material.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:

    “Hardcore” mode is actually the most casual. Point, spray, profit. Rinse, repeat.


    No. Core is actually the most casual. Have enemies spotted for you, point, spray, profit, rinse repeat.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    No. Core is actually the most casual. Have enemies spotted for you, point, spray, profit, rinse repeat.

    I’m going to definitely disagree. Anytime you can one shot someone with almost any weapon = casual.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    (Quote)
    No. Core is actually the most casual. Have enemies spotted for you, point, spray, profit, rinse repeat.

    I’m going to definitely disagree. Anytime you can one shot someone with almost any weapon = casual.
    I disagree with that. If I can be killed with 1 bullet, that's not casual. I also don't have the location of every enemy lit up for me.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I disagree with that. If I can be killed with 1 bullet, that's not casual. I also don't have the location of every enemy lit up for me.
    You just proved my point. You can cower without being seen. With a minimap, you have to constantly be on your toes because the enemy always knows where you are at. Coupled with the fact that you can’t kill the enemy by breathing on her/him, non “hardcore” is definitely more hardcore.
Sign In or Register to comment.