Fliegerfaust one shot airplane... wow

Comments

• G-Gnu
    1533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only thing that is great with the resent updates is Fliegerfaust , Pasific maps is rather meeeh, those might work well in Rush but that is a mode DICE has been failing at since BC2. 
  • Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did like how one of moderators mention, this could be good thing, this will allow rest of player get chance fly plane sense there more death, instead being hogged for rest of the game.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another FF thread?
  • OutOfMyWayKid
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2019
    Tanks in BFV are garbage due to having very limited mobility and very slow turret speed. This caused DICE to heavily nerf the panzerfaust, and by doing so they also nerfed its anti-air capabilities. DICE then decided to buff the AA to compensate, but in doing so they buffed it too much that AAs were basically one-framing planes from across the map. Dice realized that and massively nerfed the AA, and later added the fliegerfaust to compensate. The FF despite requiring no skill, it easily melts planes. Though, since the FF has a limited range, it can't touch the bomber that abuses both the ridiculously high flight ceiling and that stupid reticle to drop bombs. Bombers now are untouchable especially on breakthrough. You can still hop in a fighter and chase a bomber, but all the bomber has to do is zigzag you around at medium-high altitude where you'll instantly get melted by the FF. Even if you manage to kill the bomber, what else is there to do if the moment you start nosediving to kill infantry, you get melted by the FF. So, might as well let the bomber have fun with 100+ kills. It's funny how the JDAM from BF4 requires more skill while doing less damage than the WW2 bombs in this game, despite the JDAM being way more powerful in real life.

In short, Dice will never be able to balance this game unless they prioritize balance over realism.
    Post edited by OutOfMyWayKid on
  • leeroynorth
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I fly more now than ever before. Still not a lot but If I get hit by FF I repair and get back to carrier / airfield. If I die whatever. The incendiary bombs are bloody awful. If you are in the radius it’s normally instant death. So I go assault with FF and dynamite, i will still get done by a good pilot but at least I can make them be careful how close they get. Dam the incendiaries, they are a nightmare.
  • Rusty5p00n
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    Is there anyone who can post a video of a clear, unambiguous one-shot kill using the FF? No, not "it happens to me all the time when I fly," because you don't know that as the pilot. And no, not an "I one-shotted a plane, but if you look closely I actually did just 60 damage and lucked out on getting the second hit" either. I'm talking one shot with a clearly stated 100 vehicle damage and a plane destroy.

If someone can post this, I'll accept this claim. But I haven't seen this once, by myself or anyone, despite the insistence of so many pilots that it happens "all the time."

I don't have a video, but I've downed several planes with one burst.

• M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)

And all I'm saying is, if you nerf the FF, you'll also need to buff the other AA.

Also one mandatory maa on maps with planes.

This made me think: Why aren't MAA separate from tanks?
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes in ww2, we're made of thin sheet of aluminum, steel, titanium, if this was more realistic, mmg could shot out your engine and AA gun with exploding shell, 1 hit kill any fighter.
    There is one flaw with your logic here. You seem to be arguing the position of realism and yet, in reality the fliegerfaust in the war was designated as one of the most innacurate and wasteful weapons of WWII for the wehrmacht in terms of ground to air infantry equipment. It was so inaccurate in fact that compared to other forms of anti-air equipment it was barely used. It required low flying planes to be remotely useful. 

If you want to argue the position even suggestively then it should be considered just how unrealistic the fliegers performance is in-game.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The planes have just migrated on higher planes of existence, this changes nothing!

• xKusagamix
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Leave the Fliegerfaust as it is, if you want it to be nerfed then just ask for MMGs AA upgrade buff. It's useless, it do nothing than a waste upgrade, and if it's even buffed to have twice more the damage outcome, then it's still useless because planes in BFV has faster speed and less vulnerable than BF1, at least in BF1 you can't repair and pilot at the same time, and an engine disable or wing damage cause much more trouble.

There were far more threats to the planes in BF1, now everyone just enjoy low bombing without fearing that an engine disable could make them go nose down in no time.
  • RayD_O1
    1146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Keep the FF as is
    Since the pacific I’ve been using planes more and more, and sure I’ve been shot down by FF, but who cares. I’ve also killed dozens in a single straif.

Before the FF infantry had very little to compete against a plane. Why should a plane be able to dominate infantry with no worries of retaliation, unless from another plane?

That’s not balance, and if an overpowered bazooka is needed to combat over powered planes. Than so be it

My only critique against the FF as a pilot you can’t see the shells firing at you. Perhaps if there was more smoke or flames shooting towards you, you may have time to react.

Other than that. keep it as is
    Seems like a very fair assessment.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    500 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    (Quote)
    There is one flaw with your logic here. You seem to be arguing the position of realism and yet, in reality the fliegerfaust in the war was designated as one of the most innacurate and wasteful weapons of WWII for the wehrmacht in terms of ground to air infantry equipment. It was so inaccurate in fact that compared to other forms of anti-air equipment it was barely used. It required low flying planes to be remotely useful. 

If you want to argue the position even suggestively then it should be considered just how unrealistic the fliegers performance is in-game.

It was the OP that made the connection to reality versus in-game design, and you commented on a counter to that post.

Every reasonable person knows the game mechanics do not reflect real life or historical facts, which is why it's a weak argument in any debate about the game.
  • 9IronKiller
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if a pilot is using HE rounds and incendiary bombs you can bet your life the FF is coming out. Otherwise I generally ignore planes
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if a pilot is using HE rounds and incendiary bombs you can bet your life the FF is coming out. Otherwise I generally ignore planes
    As you should ;)
  • gailjon
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So it's okay for a pilot to get rid of anything that can supposedly one shot them, but the poor old infantryman has to struggle on being carpet bombed and strafed by planes non-stop without any way to retaliate. Dream on matey....
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gailjon said:
    So it's okay for a pilot to get rid of anything that can supposedly one shot them, but the poor old infantryman has to struggle on being carpet bombed and strafed by planes non-stop without any way to retaliate. Dream on matey....
    Yea, I'm used to constant bombing/rocket runs on my tank with zip all I can do about it. It's great fun being taken out on full health with no way of knowing. 
  • RayD_O1
    1146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have a look at the Community Broadcast above for the planned changes coming to the FF. What do you think.?
  • jroggs
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    Is there anyone who can post a video of a clear, unambiguous one-shot kill using the FF? No, not "it happens to me all the time when I fly," because you don't know that as the pilot. And no, not an "I one-shotted a plane, but if you look closely I actually did just 60 damage and lucked out on getting the second hit" either. I'm talking one shot with a clearly stated 100 vehicle damage and a plane destroy.

If someone can post this, I'll accept this claim. But I haven't seen this once, by myself or anyone, despite the insistence of so many pilots that it happens "all the time."

Every frequent flyer knows what pilots are talking about.

The ff can one shot a plane it happens way too many times to be a coincidence and no I'm not going to install Nvidia experience to provide a video.

The damage numbers in bf v have been off for months but when it comes to the ff a lot of people seem to be ok with it.

We also had problems with the saa in bf1 applying damage to multiple plane parts at once and therefore killing planes quicker then the dmg numbers should have allowed.

Please leave the whole discussion if ff was a fine addition out of the picture for a second and try to emphasise with the other side.

I've had multiple games where the ff worked as intended and dealt 90dmg max but sometimes it just nukes you to 0 I don't know why but a simple video won't prove anything anyway.

Please fly a plane from time to time and say it isn't so.
    As I said, as the pilot you don't know. You might think it's one shot, it might feel like one shot, but you don't know. The damage feedback problem has been fixed for a while now. And this isn't about empathy, it's about facts.

This is apparently the kind of problem that is so gamebreaking that it requires balancing in a patch, but not one person can post one single clear example of it, from themselves or anyone else, as a glitch or as intended design. And you think I am being unreasonable?
  • BeastofBourbon84
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not calling you unreasonable.
    It is very reasonable to look at the numbers and make an educated assessment.

I said the experience with the ff in game doesn't always reflect what the weapon should and should'nt be able to do.
    Even if i'd record a video it still wouldn't PROVE my or your point because you could just see my plane - then BOOM i'm dead.
    No FF sparks in the sky before the kill.
    Health at 100 then suddenly 0.
    Kill cam zooming in to one guy with a FF.
    The end.

Maybe i'm just plain wrong so let's just leave it at that.
  • talhaONE
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    Have a look at the Community Broadcast above for the planned changes coming to the FF. What do you think.?
    Increase range and bullet velocity for reduced splash range. I can drop the planes from longer ranges but all i need is aim a little better.