[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

  • MrCamp121
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    QU4NT0R wrote: »
    (Quote)
    100% agreed. Even some "famous" streamers and "EA Game-Changers" should be watched a little bit more closely…. If you watch some of the gameplay vids recorded in Dice HQ while those GCs were there and compare it to the performance they show in their regular vids you might find at least one foul apple. Just saying. 

    Therefore this is becoming more and more my personal mantra: "Report them all - Let the 'gods' at EA/Dice sort them out" (if they're waking up someday) 

    Yea report them all so dice has more false reports to sift through. Good logic

    Great logic. This is EA and Dices mess so let them clean it up. I didn’t pay for this game to be the care taker of all that is right and wrong.

    I got shafted so I should care more? What kind of logic is that?

    You want cheaters dealt with so youre gonna spam false reports so they have more work to do, thus never getting to all the reports. Your lack of logic is astounding
  • MrCamp121
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I disagree,  nobody..  And I mean..  NOBODY should be punished for being "too good"..  Cheaters,  Sure..  But legit players?  Absolutely not.

    In my opinion it’s not okay for EA/Dice to let legit players quit playing the game because games are ruined by cheaters. The results or lack of results shows just how much EA cares.

    All A cheater has to do is be a good liar because no one can prove otherwise. So who’s to say legit players were voted out or a cheater was voted out.

    Bad deal all around. EA and Dices should have addressed this long ago.

    If life were fair EA would offer legit players their money back since they can’t or won’t fix their problem.

    So its not ok to lose legit players, but its ok to both report them AND have them kicked from servers, thus losing said legit players? Lol again..logic is astounding
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I disagree,  nobody..  And I mean..  NOBODY should be punished for being "too good"..  Cheaters,  Sure..  But legit players?  Absolutely not.

    In my opinion it’s not okay for EA/Dice to let legit players quit playing the game because games are ruined by cheaters. The results or lack of results shows just how much EA cares.

    All A cheater has to do is be a good liar because no one can prove otherwise. So who’s to say legit players were voted out or a cheater was voted out.

    Bad deal all around. EA and Dices should have addressed this long ago.

    If life were fair EA would offer legit players their money back since they can’t or won’t fix their problem.

    So its not ok to lose legit players, but its ok to both report them AND have them kicked from servers, thus losing said legit players? Lol again..logic is astounding

    Look - I’m not advocating spamming false claims on purpose or kicking legit players on purpose. But if a legit player gets kicked so what? You don’t know if said person was legit or a cheater.

    Let’s hear your logical fix? Or do you even have one?

    I didn’t buy this game to be EAs AC system. The cheaters are winning and by your logic your worried a legit player may be victim to doing something about it? Take it up with EA. I’m certain they care.

    Pretending to be a logical person doesn’t mean you are or that you’re right. Where’s the logic in doing nothing while more legit players leave the game?
  • MrCamp121
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I disagree,  nobody..  And I mean..  NOBODY should be punished for being "too good"..  Cheaters,  Sure..  But legit players?  Absolutely not.

    In my opinion it’s not okay for EA/Dice to let legit players quit playing the game because games are ruined by cheaters. The results or lack of results shows just how much EA cares.

    All A cheater has to do is be a good liar because no one can prove otherwise. So who’s to say legit players were voted out or a cheater was voted out.

    Bad deal all around. EA and Dices should have addressed this long ago.

    If life were fair EA would offer legit players their money back since they can’t or won’t fix their problem.

    So its not ok to lose legit players, but its ok to both report them AND have them kicked from servers, thus losing said legit players? Lol again..logic is astounding

    Look - I’m not advocating spamming false claims on purpose or kicking legit players on purpose. But if a legit player gets kicked so what? You don’t know if said person was legit or a cheater.

    Let’s hear your logical fix? Or do you even have one?

    I didn’t buy this game to be EAs AC system. The cheaters are winning and by your logic your worried a legit player may be victim to doing something about it? Take it up with EA. I’m certain they care.

    Pretending to be a logical person doesn’t mean you are or that you’re right. Where’s the logic in doing nothing while more legit players leave the game?

    Heres an idea. Take your own suggestion and take it up with EA. Booting legit players for no reason is garbage.
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I disagree,  nobody..  And I mean..  NOBODY should be punished for being "too good"..  Cheaters,  Sure..  But legit players?  Absolutely not.

    In my opinion it’s not okay for EA/Dice to let legit players quit playing the game because games are ruined by cheaters. The results or lack of results shows just how much EA cares.

    All A cheater has to do is be a good liar because no one can prove otherwise. So who’s to say legit players were voted out or a cheater was voted out.

    Bad deal all around. EA and Dices should have addressed this long ago.

    If life were fair EA would offer legit players their money back since they can’t or won’t fix their problem.

    So its not ok to lose legit players, but its ok to both report them AND have them kicked from servers, thus losing said legit players? Lol again..logic is astounding

    Look - I’m not advocating spamming false claims on purpose or kicking legit players on purpose. But if a legit player gets kicked so what? You don’t know if said person was legit or a cheater.

    Let’s hear your logical fix? Or do you even have one?

    I didn’t buy this game to be EAs AC system. The cheaters are winning and by your logic your worried a legit player may be victim to doing something about it? Take it up with EA. I’m certain they care.

    Pretending to be a logical person doesn’t mean you are or that you’re right. Where’s the logic in doing nothing while more legit players leave the game?

    Heres an idea. Take your own suggestion and take it up with EA. Booting legit players for no reason is garbage.

    I agree - pure garbage. Legit players have and continue to walk away because they have to play with cheaters. EA can’t or won’t fix it.

    I’ll take my idea over doing nothing. To be fair I’m not suggesting EA cheat team is doing nothing but the results speak for themselves.
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    guy killed me with carbine but it was shooting like an mg
  • ColesFlexili
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    There are legit players that are "too good" this means that it would probably better to put them on a server with other "pro" players because they destroy the game for others by beeing just "TOO GOOD" for them to handle.
    Its impossible to spot the difference between a player that is "too good" and an experienced player hiding his cheats.
    THAT is the reason why i want an anti-cheat that CAN do this by controlling every player individually.
    thats the only reason why im invested in this thread.
    i tend to report everyone who feels fishy too me cause i know at the moment, theres no program preventig even platant cheaters from destroying games.
  • SirBobdk
    5032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

    Legit players be punished for being better than your average gamer?  Nope!
    AC is EA / Dice responsibility. As long as they do not live up to their responsibilities I would rather be "Safe than sorry". If that means that legit good players get kicked from a server, then so be it. Just give us rental servers with full admin control and let us be judges ourselves. EA/Dice have failed for such a long time now, that all confidence in them is gone.
  • enterBrainer
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is the main reason I switched from PC to PS4.

    This, and the cost of constantly updating hardware (SSD, video cards, adding more/faster memory/etc.).

    Downside is that controllers have a steep learning curve. This will be fixed with next gen consoles which will allow k&m.

    I see a significant shift from PC to console when this happens.

    And before everyone starts to lose their minds about k&m for consoles, there are plenty of threads on this topic already.

    Just saying...

    How are you so sure that next gen will get kb/m support?
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    You really need to watch some well known E-sports players on youtube on BFV.

    Some of these players have god like skills and it's all legitimate gameplay,  They shouldn't be punished just because some salty kids can't take getting their rear ends handed to them.


    If there are cheaters in the game that are using wallhacks or full on aimbots,  Boot them out and Nuke the account IMHO! 

    Legit players be punished for being better than your average gamer?  Nope!

    Its funny because one of those players you mention is a dev an im sure they are going question "oh but he must not be legit either.

    They are going to move the goal post on you every time. No point in engaging in this conversation. I've done it in past threads before.
  • horo44
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm really concerned with BFV right now. Of course cheaters. But you know what? Not only them. EA also has some responsibilities. 
  • Jinko_itx
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    This is the main reason I switched from PC to PS4.

    This, and the cost of constantly updating hardware (SSD, video cards, adding more/faster memory/etc.).

    Downside is that controllers have a steep learning curve. This will be fixed with next gen consoles which will allow k&m.

    I see a significant shift from PC to console when this happens.

    And before everyone starts to lose their minds about k&m for consoles, there are plenty of threads on this topic already.

    Just saying...

    How are you so sure that next gen will get kb/m support?
    playing MW, I see players with consoles using kb/m already.
  • Jinko_itx
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    SpoolaZ said:
    STOPchris said:
    Did they ban anyone in this game yet? I keep checking back to see if there is ANY evidence that ANYONE has been banned. I still haven't seen any evidence of it. Where's all the crying "I got banned, but didn't do anything wrong" posts? There should be some on Reddit? We should see some here before the mods get to them, right? I have NEVER seen a single thread like this. Even the new Call of Duty game already has threads like this. Check the Steam VAC forums, there are massive amounts of these threads. THAT is evidence that a company is actually banning cheaters. You NEVER see that with this game.

    The worst rage cheaters get banned, and they know that protesting usually doesn't lead to anything. But if it is true that there are no threads about "innocent banned" then it is really bad, because these threads are usually started by closet cheaters. This shows that FF is only intended to make money for its customer and not prevent cheating properly. After all, the rage cheaters belongs to the same category as the cosmetics buyers, those who come back all the time and spend large sums on nothing.


    I challenge anyone to find me ONE thread where someone is complaining about being banned in this game. I don't care what website it is on. I have tried and cannot find one. 
    yea, its nice to go on COD MW's forums and see some complain that they got banned, it is very satisfying to see, it has been so long since I have seen anything close to that on BF forums.
  • Jinko_itx
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    The full expression is: "Too good to be true". You cannot seriously say you have never heard that? There are famous songs about it.

    It means: Cannot be real.

    You really need to watch some well known E-sports players on youtube on BFV.

    Some of these players have god like skills and it's all legitimate gameplay,  They shouldn't be punished just because some salty kids can't take getting their rear ends handed to them.


    If there are cheaters in the game that are using wallhacks or full on aimbots,  Boot them out and Nuke the account IMHO! 

    Legit players be punished for being better than your average gamer?  Nope!
    until EA decides to actually throw down the ban hammer, legit good players will always be in the crossfire with the cheaters, so as much as people hackusate, its nobodys fault but EA...
  • SpoolaZ
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    With FF it will never be a real ban hammer, it only takes the most incompetent rage cheaters. But unfortunately, even the worst learns over time, or when it gets too expensive. Against these cheaters, FF is completely useless. Good players have always been hackusated, but in times when anyone can become a "legit" hero, when there is no program that bans, it seems extra sensitive to claim that someone is a cheater.

  • LOLGotYerTags
    14027 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

    Its funny because one of those players you mention is a dev an im sure they are going question "oh but he must not be legit either.

    They are going to move the goal post on you every time. No point in engaging in this conversation. I've done it in past threads before.
    Oh I know,  I see it a lot on here..  Even some here thinking that legit players should suffer..  Like in the quote below.
    until EA decides to actually throw down the ban hammer, legit good players will always be in the crossfire with the cheaters, so as much as people hackusate, its nobodys fault but EA...

    This is completely a backwards way of thinking,  And it solves nothing at all,  Punishing good players should NEVER be a thing..  EVER.


    If people think legit players being kicked for being too good is OK,  Then I truly..  TRULY hope it happens to them.

    All I can say is,  Be careful of what you wish for..  Because it may actually happen.
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Oh I know,  I see it a lot on here..  Even some here thinking that legit players should suffer..  Like in the quote below.(Quote)
    This is completely a backwards way of thinking,  And it solves nothing at all,  Punishing good players should NEVER be a thing..  EVER.


    If people think legit players being kicked for being too good is OK,  Then I truly..  TRULY hope it happens to them.

    All I can say is,  Be careful of what you wish for..  Because it may actually happen.

    It’s the players fault if a legit player gets kicked. Comical at best. EA shoulders 100% of the blame if or when that happens. I bought this garbage, I didn’t write the code.

    You guys with all the logic need to rethink your stand. I don’t want legit players to suffer more but EA doesn’t seem to care so the customer should?

    Shut the whole thing down and fix it.
  • SpoolaZ
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No one thinks that legitimate players should be punished, but rather the lack of a tool that can define what the word "legit" really stands for.
    There STOPchris has a big point. Where are all the threads about "I am innocently banned" they do not exist in BF5, so something can't be right there, and it can hardly be due to FF excellence as AC.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14027 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    SpoolaZ said:
    No one thinks that legitimate players should be punished
    Oh?

    What's this then?

    SirBobdk said:
    AC is EA / Dice responsibility. As long as they do not live up to their responsibilities I would rather be "Safe than sorry". If that means that legit good players get kicked from a server, then so be it



  • SirBobdk
    5032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    SpoolaZ said:
    No one thinks that legitimate players should be punished
    Oh?

    What's this then?

    SirBobdk said:
    AC is EA / Dice responsibility. As long as they do not live up to their responsibilities I would rather be "Safe than sorry". If that means that legit good players get kicked from a server, then so be it


    Your forgot this: Just give us rental servers with full admin control and let us be judges ourselves.
    My point was that rental servers are the only solution right now and that could mean that good legit players could be kicked, but if that's the cost of getting cheaters away from the server, then I would accept that.



This discussion has been closed.