5.2 TTK change [Megathread]

Comments

• Sixpounder_85
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do not change the time to kill. I just grinded the achievement for type 100 smg that had me killing people from beyond 30 meters. Achievements like this would be absolutely impossible with this new TTK. I dont mind the spotting so much but the ttk should be where it is now. It is near perfect
  • wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Beside the adjustment to rof and recoil they also need to make reloading faster then.

I still find bugs to be the major issue with the game.

Sound is still bugged and missing sounds completely ( ninja tanks that make no sound, missing footsteps and so on ).

Hitreg can be all over the place ( high pingers + netcode seem to cause this as it did in previous titles beside that glorious short time in bf 1 ).
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So I guess DICE didn't learn anything at all from the last TTK change that they had to revert. Well done. 

Will we go through the whole "classic servers" splitting of the community again, or will it just be a quick revert to the old TTK this time?
  • YourLocalPIumber
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So I guess DICE didn't learn anything at all from the last TTK change that they had to revert. Well done. 

Will we go through the whole "classic servers" splitting of the community again, or will it just be a quick revert to the old TTK this time?
    I bet they will revert those changes after some time. I wouldn't be surprised if before the patch Dice will announce that they won't be introducing TTK changes at all.
  • lKetx
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't change TTK, thats literally whats really good about the game since release, don't ruin it.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They did the same kinda change with BF1.  It must be a money thing to bring in a few new players.  I think they will lose more of the old ones though.
  • YourLocalPIumber
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They did the same kinda change with BF1.  It must be a money thing to bring in a few new players.  I think they will lose more of the old ones though.
    They did the opposite in BF1 though. They've increased the damage for most gun, not lowered it.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV must be failing to retain players even after all the quality content they just released. 

The most repeated complaints here are poor visibility and the TTK/TTD issue.

These changes seem to be in direct response to those problems. Something needed to be done.

Like fixing the servers. That's the problem, not the actual TTK. You can't tell what TTK is really like when the game is so laggy.
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, just when I started playing again.

13 bullets to kill with a Tommy gun? That's absurd. You are in kolibri range then...
  • Mensrea831
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We didnt like your unrealistic ttk before and we wont like it now. If you want to change guns then change recoil/specifics...dont change the whole system that works. You wont even give us a hardcore. But god do i love the fact you can hit someone with two 303s and they can turn around 180 no scope you ohk.
  • OskooI_007
    1417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    BFV must be failing to retain players even after all the quality content they just released. 

These changes seem to be in direct response to those problems. Something needed to be done.

Yup, DICE listened to the vocal minority last time and gave up on increasing the TTK by one bullet.

The casual majority didn't like the fast TTK, plus poor visibility issues, and stopped playing BFV.

Now that we have community servers. DICE figures they can make the default gameplay fun for casuals and the vocal minority can play on custom hardcore servers.
  • necropxhyte
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yup, DICE listened to the vocal minority last time and gave up on increasing the TTK by one bullet.

The casual majority didn't like the fast TTK, plus poor visibility issues, and stopped playing BFV.

Now that we have community servers. DICE figures they can make the default gameplay fun for casuals and the vocal minority can play on custom hardcore servers.
    people didnt stop playing after the ttk increase had been reverted, which was shortly after release and just a short time after it had been increased, but bfv already had much less players than expected from beginning due to their bad pr and pre-release marketing, and after release when issues werent fixed and new issues appeared, and too few new content got released, people stopped playing. 
    higher ttk wont attract any new player now because if they didnt play it until now, there is no reason to wish for higher ttk. and the certainly high(er) amount of players now is because of the pacific theater and also fixes during the last 2 bigger patches, not a higher ttk in spe, ttk is same and yet people are returning, and looking at the masses of low level (<50) players, many new ones are joining. 

whether it is a vocal minority, or simply everybody (like me) that has been playing the game since release or even earlier (alpha & beta) and did not stop playing it despite all those issues, those that have been playing until now must have been happy to keep on playing or at least not disappointed enough to stop, so low ttk was no reason for everybody that has been playing until now to stop playing.

and i definitely dont wanna be a minority that needs to play on custom hardcore servers just to keep playing the game ive really been enjoying playing since alpha, there are plenty of games i did not bother playing since bfv's release, if ttk gets increased and remains, im out for sure. 
  • RallyCarDelta
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE.  If these numbers are right, and some guns are getting into high single and low double digits, that is very disappointing. Obviously it's your game and you have to do what you think is best for the game, but I simply disagree this is the way to "fix" the game (which doesn't feel broken to begin with).  I know this is military-esque and obviously not sim, but it really takes me out of it when 1/3 of a magazine won't land a kill.

I absolutely love the current TTK in BFV (it balances out weapons very well) and it's one of the biggest things that keeps me coming back (the Pacific update has been great BTW), but if you try this higher TTK again, definitely will take to other games.  And again, I'm certainly not going to hold it against you.  If this is what you believe is best for BFV, so be it. I just don't want to deal with that kind of damage model.

Take that for what you will.  Cheers.
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »

Yes because casual players follow patch notes and will suddenly start playing again.

Just like the last try, this will simply break most of the guns and they won't be usable.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    There’s always community games to change the dmg modifiers and other settings if done right. But honestly I don’t see myself playing this game much anymore. My time isn’t rewarded with the trash progression and economy system tides of war is a joke. I’m having way more fun playing ground war on cod bfv is just frustrating these changes will only make the game even more frustrating with bullet sponges and pathetic ranged dmg drop off. Problem is dice doesn’t know how to balance anything to begin with bfv never has been it’s been a mess since launch classes tanks planes AA lobby maps it’s a joke.
  • Texator
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To make fast firing weapons weaker at 100m is ok. All of us who ever shot a MG know how hard it is to hit with this things on distance.
    But why we should need more bullets to kill someone within 10 or 20m?
    It is already hard enough to fight a shotgun user on operation underground. Thats why half of the players run around with shotguns on this map.
    To need one more bullet to kill will make shotguns too strong, there is not even a chance to fight back then.
    Somrtimes all it needs is just small adjustments not the typical Dice-Sledgehammer-Method.
    Before you make big changes like this invest some money and give us testservers. There you can monitor and see how your changes work before you bring them life and maybe ruin this game again.
  • BSG-Kurtz
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's been almost a year since the last time this type of ordeal was put through us, and here we are again. TTK in the current format is just fine. I don't understand why these changes to TTK are necessary. Nerf certain weapons and buff certain ones as necessary, but yet ANOTHER total overhaul of TTK? What justification is there for this? Who even benefits from this? 

I love Battlefield, and War in the Pacific rejuvenated my love for the game, as it brought freshness to the game and gave us great weapons to use. These changes seem very reminiscent to how BF1 was when that game first came out. I dunno about y'all but I definitely DO NOT want to go back to trash TTK. 
    my thoughts exactly
This discussion has been closed.